Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I think most lists are right with Oliver at #1 at this stage.

But, i would not swap Curnow for any player out of the 2015 crop.
Agree 100%

I have Oliver number 1 easily on current output and wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Having said that Curnow probably should end up the best player of the draft and close to the best player in the game down the track

Banick was 180cm back pocket. He wasn’t a KPD. 2cm taller than McGrath.

Ok cheers, my memory was of Banik playing a bit taller than that. Interesting reading people's memories about him, not sure if his career was restricted because of illness or a lack of talent.

Going by a mixture of exposed/projected form. Curious to see where the order lands at the end of the year.
  1. Oliver
  2. Curnow
  3. Weitering
  4. Hipwood
  5. Burton
  6. Mills
  7. Hopper
  8. Gresham
  9. Rioli
  10. Parish
  11. McDonald-Tipungwuti
  12. Menegola
  13. Papley
  14. Adams
  15. Kennedy
  16. Dunkley
  17. Fiorini
  18. Mathieson

Going by a mixture of exposed/projected form. Curious to see where the order lands at the end of the year.
  1. Oliver
  2. Curnow
  3. Weitering
  4. Hipwood
  5. Burton
  6. Mills
  7. Hopper
  8. Gresham
  9. Rioli
  10. Parish
  11. McDonald-Tipungwuti
  12. Menegola
  13. Papley
  14. Adams
  15. Kennedy
  16. Dunkley
  17. Fiorini
  18. Mathieson

You can't find room for Ryan Clarke there?

Anyway, the KPP's should start coming now.

You can't find room for Ryan Clarke there?

Anyway, the KPP's should start coming now.

Could be there in place of Fiorini and Mathieson but it’s much of a muchness. Schache, McKay, Durdin and Weideman need to have big seasons

Yeah, no pressure on Francis or Redman though.
Francis is going through a lot, so no pressure on him. Redman is a mid who went at 30, so its not as if he's really expected to do much. Neither are talls, and I'm not an Essendon fan - so not sure where you're coming from on this. Schache, Weideman, McKay were all top 10 picks. Durdin slid (as corrected, in 2014) but was still a first round pick that had a big reputation.

Francis is going through a lot, so no pressure on him. Redman is a mid who went at 30, so its not as if he's really expected to do much. Neither are talls, and I'm not an Essendon fan - so not sure where you're coming from on this. Schache, Weideman, McKay were all top 10 picks. Durdin slid (as corrected, in 2014) but was still a first round pick that had a big reputation.
lol my bad! definitely got the idea from the other comments that you were an essendon supporter being super bias'd and had the red and navy in my perupherals. Durdin's getting there. I'm not worried as a north boy. Watched him the other day at Arden St and he's almost ready to get comfortable at senior level. Mckay's ready for the blues and Weideman's a question mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol my bad! definitely got the idea from the other comments that you were an essendon supporter being super bias'd and had the red and navy in my perupherals. Durdin's getting there. I'm not worried as a north boy. Watched him the other day at Arden St and he's almost ready to get comfortable at senior level. Mckay's ready for the blues and Weideman's a question mark.

"The other comments"... tulips literally doesnt mention anything Essendon at all apart from rating AMT and Parish. Think the you need to hold up the mirror when you talk about bias... classic small club syndrome

"The other comments"... tulips literally doesnt mention anything Essendon at all apart from rating AMT and Parish. Think the you need to hold up the mirror when you talk about bias... classic small club syndrome
yeah... not interested, champ. Move on.

1. Oliver
  2. Curnow
  3. Weitering
  4. Hipwood
  5. Burton
  6. Mills
  7. Hopper
  8. Gresham
  9. Rioli
  10. Parish
  11. McDonald-Tipungwuti
  12. Menegola
  13. Papley
  14. Adams
  15. Kennedy
  16. Dunkley
  17. Fiorini
  18. Mathieson
Menegola should be nowhere near this list.

1. Oliver
  2. Curnow
I'll give it a crack up to Tippa... no fear (be nice, just my opinion, and a bit of comedy) and the song.
  1. Oliver - Outstanding. Def has the tools to be a 250 game player. Dees have got a gem here. Look, he took a dive, but so what. SONG: Man Overboard Do Re Me

2. Curnow - Strong hands. Good footy brain. Does the exceptional. Could be anything. SONG: Shooting Star: Bag Raiders

3. Weitering - Looks 'elite'. Personally, would like to see a bit more 'grunt', but has the full package. SONG: Solid: Ashford and Simpson

4. Hipwood - Good tall. Could be Great. If he was at Collingwood, would be a Superstar. Underrated and should aim high. SONG: Dreamer: Supertramp.

5. Burton - Wow. He's an impressive unit. Would walk in to 18 teams. SONG: Xanadu: Olivia Newton-John.

6. Mills - I must say, I had huge wraps on this kid. He's still got the skills, but others have done better. I hate be proven wrong, so I'm backing him in. SONG: Young Turks: Rod Stewart

7. Hopper - Not yet, but his day will come. Maybe not at the Giants. Needs serious midfield time, but can't get it at GWS. Change of clubs would be best. SONG: Well Respected Man: The Kinks.

8. Gresham - Decent stats (according to footywire) for his limited games. Small sample size, but I get a good feeling about him. Could be a decent player. SONG: Electric Feels: MGMT

9. Rioli - Jury is out. No sh*t fights. The guy has talent, but so does Harley. Hope they both see it through. I guess time will tell. SONG: Time after Time: Cyndi Lauper

10. Parish - Look, I really like this guy. I had no idea he was only 180cm. Plays taller. I hope he has his time away from footy and gets the help he needs. Footy 'aint everything... but it sure beat's what's second (I can't remember who said that). He would be a 'feel good story' for me. SONG: Up There Cazaly: Mike Brady.
  11. McDonald-Tipungwuti - "Down Among the Dead Men" is my favourite song from Flash in the Pan. SONG: Down Among the Dead Men: Flash in the Pan"

2015 draft redone
This is what I’ve come up with who’s shown the most so far, not necessarily where I’d redraft each player. Pretty happy to have Milera, Doedee and Greenwood at the Crows.

1.Oliver
2.Mills
3.Rioli
4.Curnow
5.Burton
6.Papley
7.Hipwood
8.Weitering
9.Tippa
10.Parish
11.Gresham
12.Menengola