Draft Review 2015 - Redo the 2015 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Curnow (multiple AA forward/mid)
2. Weitering (multiple AA CHB)
3. Oliver (multiple AA inside mid)
4. Parish (full time AFL midfielder already, progressing nicely)
5. Mills (yet to progress into full time AFL midfielder, can't place him higher until then)

5. Mills (yet to progress into full time AFL midfielder, can't place him higher until then)
bit harsh on Mills just because of his position.

1. Hipwood
2. Oliver
3. Curnow
-----------
4. Hopper - finally got a crack on ball late in the year and was good, I'm buying stock in him
5. Burton
6. Weitering
7. Mills
------------
8. Tom Papley
=9. Gresham
=9. Rioli
=9. Parish

Honourable mentions: H Himmelberg, M Kennedy, J Dunkley, Blake Hardwick, Riley Bonner, Bailey Williams, Jack Silvagni, Fiorini

I've excluded AMT, Menegola and Hugh Greenwood as it's apples and oranges.

bit harsh on Mills just because of his position.

He'll be a full-time midfielder very soon, but I'm definitely not putting a HBFer any higher at the moment. It's a transient development, and my rankings are based on current output + an element of how they project.

The top 4 will be damn hard to crack though.
The top 10 legit has thousands of perfectly valid permutations.

Parish isn't in the same class as a player like Mills.

Ranking Weitering that high is a real stretch right now.

Parish isn't in the same class as a player like Mills.

Ranking Weitering that high is a real stretch right now.

I expect Mills to overtake Parish when he transitions to a full-time midfielder, for sure.

Weitering is still 19 and was playing KPD2 at a very high level late in the year. He's poised for a big 2018.

I expect Mills to overtake Parish when he transitions to a full-time midfielder, for sure.

Weitering is still 19 and was playing KPD2 at a very high level late in the year. He's poised for a big 2018.
I hope so. Not sure if he was injured this year but it looked like Bolton didn't want him playing one out on a key forward. Hope he gets that responsibility next year.
Looked good in his first year as the tall intercept defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope so. Not sure if he was injured this year but it looked like Bolton didn't want him playing one out on a key forward. Hope he gets that responsibility next year.
Looked good in his first year as the tall intercept defender.
He's very raw as a defender. Can't stick with forwards on a lead. It sounds weird but he was mostly a forward up till final TAC cup year, and there he just outread and outmarked opponents.

He's very raw as a defender. Can't stick with forwards on a lead. It sounds weird but he was mostly a forward up till final TAC cup year, and there he just outread and outmarked opponents.

I think it was a little of the second year blues for Weitering, learning to play through niggles etc. Over achieved in year one and then a little disappointing this year, though a strong final few weeks. He'll always be a little susceptible to the quick leading types, but will be an elite intercept mark.

Burton alot lower on some list then i have him.

Although i have him top 3 on potential and top 5 on current output.

So i might rate him higher then most.

Edit; on revision some of those lists i was referring to are clearly taking the piss. My bad.

Funny how little Daniel Rioli is being rated in here

His finals series was spectacular and is already a leader in the foward line in a premiership team
Its the role he plays. When you look at all the full time mids and KPP in this draft its hard to put him too high. Probably is around the 8-12 mark

Spot on. Great role player.

But there's a dozen core components of a team I'd take before him.
Yes and no. Rioli kicked 25 goals for the year including 4 in a preliminary final one of very few to do so. The plan has always been for rioli to move on a wing/midfield in time. If a player with riolis speed, and pressure around the ball goes from a forward getting it 10-15 times a game to getting 16-25 touches you would have a pretty dominant player with the X factor provided. In time could easily absolutely shoot up the rankings and his scope is among the highest in the draft pool.

Yes and no. Rioli kicked 25 goals for the year including 4 in a preliminary final one of very few to do so. The plan has always been for rioli to move on a wing/midfield in time. If a player with riolis speed, and pressure around the ball goes from a forward getting it 10-15 times a game to getting 16-25 touches you would have a pretty dominant player with the X factor provided. In time could easily absolutely shoot up the rankings and his scope is among the highest in the draft pool.

Certainly, if he transitions to the midfield successfully and impacts the way he does around the contest for an entire game, that would be sensational.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back