Trading Places Reunite as one, Fitzeys NEW trade game.

Remove this Banner Ad

To refrain myself this is the order we will be using. (under the column original pick)
Do we have a live picks order that can be updated after each trade?
That would make life much easier

Do we have a live picks order that can be updated after each trade?
That would make life much easier
I'll update mine as much as possible but that's pretty difficult

I'll update mine as much as possible but that's pretty difficult
Maybe if there was a thread, then as each pick went in, the person who confirmed the trade, not the announcer, had a responsibility to go in & post the new trade order.
Not sure how others can edit someone's post

So the aim currently is for a 12am finish (Vic time) on Saturday morning and then the draft will take place Saturday night.

To be honest it's great to see a trade game going well again, thetradesman knows as well as I do how much it sucked when there was no interest. Well hopefully we are back on the right track now. It's just excited logging in and seeing 5 messages every time haha. #riseofthetradegames

Last edited:
Young gun upgraded, tall duo delisted

Melbourne Football Club have decided to terminate the contracts of reserve ruckman Jake Spencer and reserve key forward Chris Dawes, as well as promoting young halfback Josh Wagner after impressive senior performances. This is after a period of trading which saw them add several talented players.

They started off by bringing in Peter Wright from Gold Coast for fellow red head Clayton Oliver, while trading pick 27 for pick 40 as part of the deal, citing the need for a good 2nd ruck/key forward, who will add another dimension to a forward line containing Jack Watts, Jesse Hogan, Jeff Garlett and Ben Kennedy.

Their next deal was to bring in an experienced half back, and got it in Cameron Guthrie, who some may argue is just as good in the midfield, but his disposal and defensive ability lead Melbourne to decide that his best role would to come off half back.

They secured Michael Hartley in a swap of picks, adding precise kicking and strong stopping ability to the side.

Next they traded former captain Jack Grimes to Gold Coast to get back into the second round along with pick 37 for pick 58, in a deal which both clubs regarded as a win.

Melbourne then sadly parted ways with young gun Christian Salem, along with pick 22, to get Essendon star David Zaharakis to the club, along with pick 40 returning from the Hartley trade.

They then set out to improve their depth, adding George Horlin-Smith, Timothy Broomhead, Jason Castagna, Adam Marcon, Oleg Markov and pick 79 for Ben Newton, Cameron Pederson, Matt Jones and pick 58.

Lastly, with the added depth of Horlin-Smith, Marcon and Markov in particular, they traded in 3rd tall defender Cameron O'Shea for depth midfielder Aaron Vandenberg, filling a hole in the seniors.

Heritier Lamumba and Dean Terlich decided to retire from AFL as well for Melbourne.

So the aim currently is for a 12am finish (Vic time) on Saturday morning and then the draft will take place Saturday night.
Well, since this is the case, and I've basically finished my Melbourne trading (seriously, have done everything I've needed to IMO), would it be alright if I take another side?

Well, since this is the case, and I've basically finished my Melbourne trading (seriously, have done everything I've needed to IMO), would it be alright if I take another side?
Absolutely mate. Not a problem at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrapped Up?

StKilda have provisionally completed their trade period after being very aggressive.

After shocking the football world by trading out young gun Jack Steven in the opening stanza of the trade period The Saints managed to get in speedy ex-Hawk Brad Hill and another promising young forward Tim O'Brien.

Forwards Josh Bruce and Hugh Goddard were moved on (to Richmond and Hawthorn respectively)as well as Ruckman Billy Longer.

Injury prone Nathan Vardy and Alex Woodward were both brought in to add some depth after clear bills of health and confidence they are right to go (Probably not IRL)

The Saints also brought in Brandon Matera after Maverick Weller requested a trade back to The Suns.

Ins: B. Hill, T. O'Brien, A. Miles, B. Matera, A Woodward, N. Vardy

Outs: B. Longer, H. Goddard, J. Bruce, M. Weller, J. Steven, S. Fisher (Ret)

Final Picks. 6, 18 & 37

Best 22 & Emergencies

B: J. Geary, J Carlisle, D. Roberton
HB: J. Newnes, L. Delaney,S.Gilbert
C: L. Montagna, D. Armitage, B. Hill
HF: S. Savage, N. Riewoldt, B. Matera
F: J. Billings, T. Obrien T. Membrey
R: T. Hickey, A. Miles S. Ross
Interchange: J. Gresham, B. Acres, L. Dunstan, P. McCartin,

Emerg. Woodward , Webster, Vardy

Any comments, questions, thoughts
on how I've gone?

Particularly interested in Saints Supporter views.

Any comments, questions, thoughts
on how I've gone?

Particularly interested in Saints Supporter views.
You traded out your best player and your bookends for 10 years. Brad Hill isn't a superstar and neither is O'Brien or Miles, and they're comfortably the three best players you've brought in.

You traded out your best player and your bookends for 10 years. Brad Hill isn't a superstar and neither is O'Brien or Miles, and they're comfortably the three best players you've brought in.

All fair, was in need of outside leg speed and Elite kicking. All 3 of the names you put forward have the kicking skills. Tio is only one stellar game away from everyone's heads been thrown back at how the Hawks have snagged another. Matera is simply a little X factor in hindsight should have gone at Kennedy-Harris.

Vardy and Woody have the potential to be anything if they can simply stay on the park.

Like I said, your opinions are valid. Steven in all honesty is untouchable
I think with the right game plan he's not as untouchable.

The Essendon Football Club wishes to inform that Jason Ashby, Patrick Ambrose, Nick Kommer, Tayte Pears, Will Hams and Shaun McKernan have been advised that they will be delisted. Shaun McKernan has been told we will re draft him as a nominated rookie in the upcoming draft period.

The Essendon Football Club thanks them for their service and wishes them all the best in their future endeavours.

If a player wishes to end up at a certain club we will ensure that takes place between now and the end of the trade period.

List Manager,

Adrian Dodoro

Adam Saad, Michael Rischitelli and Jessie Lonergan still on the trade table!

Stratton, Duryea, Ceglar, McEvoy, Schoenmakers all on the table for the right price

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back