Roast Rioli's chicken wing tackle on Warnock: MRP failure

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-22/rioli-carrazzo-face-scrutiny

Hawthorn star Rioli could be cited for applying a bizarre 'chicken wing' style tackle on prone Western Bulldogs star Ryan Griffen in the first quarter of their clash at Aurora Stadium on Saturday.
Griffen appeared sore initially but played out the match full of steam and was one of the best players afield.

Rioli's effort drew comparisons with the infamous hold that earned Carlton superstar Chris Judd a four-match suspension for twisting the arm of North Melbourne midfielder Leigh Adams last year.
A Rioli ban would further weaken an already under-strength Hawks line-up for their blockbuster against Essendon at the Etihad Stadium on Friday night.

What did Bartel do?

Didn't see the "incident" MEB but from the AFL webiste ..........

Geelong's shock loss to Adelaide would be compounded by a suspension to Bartel for a high tackle on Adelaide rookie Rory Laird in the second quarter at AAMI Stadium.
Laird had his head over the ball when an upright and almost stationary Bartel made high frontal contact. Laird was substituted out of the match with concussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The MRP :D

It's such a joke that people can ridicule it decisions without fear of the AFL having a go at them.

At least it's been highlighted and when Cyril does finally ruin someone's should they can look at his previous efforts.

To be fair to Bartel, Laird did dive forward when he picked up possession. Bartel did try to move out of the way and just copped him high with the arm.

Surely Carrazzo should get off, medical report should come back clear as Thomas played on the rest of the game. I don't think Carrazzo intentionally meant to knee him, he just accidentally caught him while putting on a bump albeit off the play.

The call to even have the Tuohy and Zeibell incident looked at is ridiculous. Just a bit of s**t stirring from Tuohy really.

Sorry guys, I'm going to rant because this has really pissed me off.

Judd's case went directly to tribunal, didn't even get shown to the MRP and he was crucified by the media and the general public. At least Judd had the decency to admit that he had done something wrong. He is now subjected to constant boos (which he doesn't complain about, take note Stephen Milne) and opposition supporters who want him to be 'knocked into a coma'. RIOLI, on the other hand, gets let off without a punishment even being considered, and I bet this will be met with "good decision" comments from every idiot and their dog.

I'm completely over the double standards and hypocrisy that are rampant in AFL. The MRP, Demetriou, Essendon, that stupid chief umpiring moron and every other dickhead who is trying to ruin this sport, they all make me sick.

I could go on but I'm supposed to be working and I'm about to get busted breaking the keyboard.

:mad:

My faith in this competition is now hanging on a thread, and it will just take an 'unsatisfactory' Essada outcome to break it.
I find it unimaginable that any person can explain why Judd's action was deemed to be worth 4 weeks and Mr Overrated's action is worth nothing.
To my eyes, it actually looked worse. In all seriousness though I cannot recall a season as much of a shambles as this has been.
Drug cheating
MRP
TV broadcast quality
Ridiculous non-tanking fine
Lenient salary-cap penalties (IMO) for Adelaide
CEO, mid-season holiday

It's a ******* joke and have nearly had it .

Rant over.

LINK

Contact between Hawthorn's Cyril Rioli and the Western Bulldogs' Ryan Griffen from the first quarter of Saturday's match was assessed. Griffen gathered the ball, tucked it under his left arm and then tried to push Rioli away with his right arm. Rioli grabs his Western Bulldogs' opponent by his right arm and brings him to the ground in the tackle. After viewing all available footage, it was the view of the panel that the tackle did not consist of more than one action, did not drive the player into the ground with excessive force and was not deemed to be unreasonable in the circumstances.

Rioli's action after the tackle to hold his opponent's arm was also determined not to have the force required to sustain a report. No further action was taken.

LINK

Um yeak ok!! :rolleyes:

Sorry guys, I'm going to rant because this has really pissed me off.

Judd's case went directly to tribunal, didn't even get shown to the MRP and he was crucified by the media and the general public. At least Judd had the decency to admit that he had done something wrong. He is now subjected to constant boos (which he doesn't complain about, take note Stephen Milne) and opposition supporters who want him to be 'knocked into a coma'. RIOLI, on the other hand, gets let off without a punishment even being considered, and I bet this will be met with "good decision" comments from every idiot and their dog.

I'm completely over the double standards and hypocrisy that are rampant in AFL. The MRP, Demetriou, Essendon, that stupid chief umpiring moron and every other dickhead who is trying to ruin this sport, they all make me sick.

I could go on but I'm supposed to be working and I'm about to get busted breaking the keyboard.
The difference this time around is the media didn't conduct a hysterical witch-hunt against Rioli & the Western Bulldogs didn't squeal & sook like the North Entitlement Football Club did after the Judd incident. With so little noise made about this latest incident, the MRP could exonerate Rioli without fear of an outcry from the media or the Bulldogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back