Preview RND 15 - Carlton vs Adelaide (Crom) - Sunday June 27th 4:10pm (EST) @ Marvel Stadium - Team - Post #762

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I pose this question to you, If we were to delist J.Martin at the end of the year, do you think there would be many lining up to sign him? I wouldn't have thought so. I doubt he would even get a go in the current GC team
Is 17 many? I would bet you his contract that every other club would take him in a heartbeat of he was delisted. Pretty silly to think otherwise.

TDK is young and fit, why cant he ruck all day? If he gets injured we are in strife but just means we dont play anyone in the ruck.. which is kind of like having Pittonet in the ruck anyway.
If you want to see us getting smashed..There's gotta be a chop out.

Martin is unfit. He was rushed back after his injury. He shouldn’t be in the team, but that’s nothing to do with being conditional.
Of course other clubs would pick him up, don’t be ridiculous.
Opinions are part of life. Don't assume because someone does not agree with you they are being ridiculous. I disagree with you, if he was delisted today I couldn't image there would be a long cue for him. IMO he is an injury prone, conditional footballer, talented yes, but we rarely see it. Give me a hard worker over talent any day thanks.

I can certainly see us missing his 3 disposals, 1 mark, 0 tackles and 2 frees against :think:

Come on he was rubbish. Not playing with anywhere near the flare when he first got called up.

Definitely going to develop well giving him one week then dropped, one week then dropped. It's worked really well for Dow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We saw the cracks as early as the Pies game with Doc.

He just can't handle himself under pressure.

When you have your captain doing that and being allowed to get away with it, sets the tone for the rest.
Yep, really difficult to create a team environment if you cant/wont give players who are struggling a run in the reserves.

Opinions are part of life. Don't assume because someone does not agree with you they are being ridiculous. I disagree with you, if he was delisted today I couldn't image there would be a long cue for him. IMO he is an injury prone, conditional footballer, talented yes, but we rarely see it. Give me a hard worker over talent any day thanks.

Just because someone does not agree with me does not mean they are being ridiculous.
But saying that no other team would pick up Martin for free is being ridiculous.

Kennedy.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Please no. He looked like a $700k player last weekend on-ball. If our On-Ball brigade looks like:
TDK / Cripps / Walsh / Dow
TDK / Kennedy / Walsh / Dow
TDK / Kennedy / Walsh / SPS
TDK / Cripps / SPS / Dow
TDK / Cripps / SPS / Stocker
etc. etc.

Then, I think we genuinely have a midfield with points of difference. To compare it to the Western Bulldogs who I would suggest have the best mid in the comp.

Two bulls, like the WBD (Cripps/Kennedy vs McRae/Dunkley) that aren't played at the same time.
A S-Tier player (Walsh vs Bontempelli)
A classy user of the ball who can float forward and be damaging (SPS vs Hunter)
A clearance machine (Dow vs Libba)
and, a young up and coming midfielder with a hard edge (Stocker vs B Smith)

Yes, clearly our midfield isn't proven to be functional, but the unique physical attributes each of our midfielders can bring is exciting. For me, Dow has immense upside due to his pace. Stocker has such a hard edge to him and SPS has shown himself to be silky smooth when he's ontop of his game.

Fair fall from grace, moved from HBF to W and now to FP - maybe just drop him and get him to toughen up and get back to some form

Sometimes a switch can spark confidence, while benefiting the team.

Teague persisting with a straight back 6 has put pressure on that whole unit and reduced the strengths of Doc and others

Not opposed to sending him back to the VFL either, to regain one-touch possession

JSOS will need to play as the CHF like last week, will get the second best defender and Carlton fans will be telling us he isn’t best 22 next week after he doesn’t have his normal impact.. you can take that to the bank.
Adelaide are short down back with Butts being198, Kelly 190 and Doedee 187. They may also include Murray who is on the extended bench at 193

Stupid State Government.

Geelong v Dogs game was restricted to 7000 people based on “health advice”.

So they all crammed in together on the wing and left the rest of the stadium empty.

Lunatics running the show in Vic.
The decision on which seating areas are open or closed is made by the stadiums rather than the government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back