AFL Autopsy Rnd 23: Beaten by the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon there could be something, something sitting a little uneasy with the Pies tonight. Just a feeling Im getting thats all.

Great effort by the lads. A good dress rehearsal for the one that counts in two weeks. Hope Hurley's injury is minor.....

We’ll beat them in the finals if we play them. Hooker, Stringer, Heppell and Fantasia back in and rested. Plus TBC will be better for the run

Undermanned Bombers against an undermanned Collingwood. Not a terrible result.

Umpires need a please explain.
AFL tomorrow morning:

tenor.gif

Yep.

Is Jok is good. I’ll always remember his first disposal..that nice handpass while falling to ground.

Undermanned.

We did quite well under the circumstances.

The Brown mark could’ve been a goal and momentum swings our way.

Disgusting umpiring all night pandering to the Collingwood hordes.

mate last time we played them it was on overwhelming Bombers crowd and the umpires still held sway allowing Eddie/Gill to get their way. We could play the game in Uruguay with barb wire and moats and we will still cop the wrong end of the pineapple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe they're taking a stand against s*** hair styles. Someone should.
it’s not their place to do that though. they are there to officiate the rules, not to cast judgement on hair styles. that’s really bad if the umpires judgement is influenced by a player’s choice of hair style.

this changes everything

beaten by the pies and refs

Hate collingwood , barracking for you guys tonight. Great comments. absolutely spot on ,the umps crucified essendon. I would not be surprised if the umps give themselves 3 votes in the Brownlow under the team name of collingwood. If the umps don’t understand what is a mark they should not be in the afl. If their had of been , unbiased umpiring, essendon would have clearly won that game. Understand why people hate the umps. Simply one word, appalling

I don't understand how you guys can be so okay with this. Am I the only one who realises we completely capitulated in the last quarter? We let them have free space all over the ground, barely won the ball and kicked it straight down enemy throat whenever we did.

It won't fly in finals. We need four quarters. Not three, not three and a half. FOUR.

Really happy and impressed with the majority of effort.

Thought Parish, Tippa, Smack, McKenna (incredible) were awesome with improved performances from Langford, Zach and Marty.

Negatives:
TBell got monstered by Grundy which meant our kids were always on the back foot

MCGrath, time is on his side but gee he is far from impressive at the moment

Brown, Begley, Jok were just too many passengers with Hurley our to carry.

Francis was absolutely atrocious, looked disinterested and lazy and certainly sulked up after a spray on the phone in the 1st qtr

I don't understand how you guys can be so okay with this. Am I the only one who realises we completely capitulated in the last quarter? We let them have free space all over the ground, barely won the ball and kicked it straight down enemy throat whenever we did.

It won't fly in finals. We need four quarters. Not three, not three and a half. FOUR.
Because I realise that we had half our VFL squad tonight. Plus the game really didn’t mean much.

So much quality to return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back