• 34: Jack Graham

• 35: Nathan Broad

• 39: Jake Aarts

• 41: Mabio Chol

• 43: Derek Eggmolesse-Smith

• 50: Marlion Pickett

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Letā€™s be honest if rioli remains in the team next week players like markov might as well pack their bags now cos * me rioli u canā€™t dish up trash like today and last week and get a free ride..

And donā€™t give me this crap about lacking confidence. Because heā€™s had 1 tackle in last 2 games and going at 17% disposal efficiency...

Is he unfit to chase or just lazy? Certainly looks like heā€™s lost his zip and effort.

How sads your life gotta be to spend your evening doing multiple quote posts to get a couple likes off other nuffs you've never met? Guessing old mate doesn't have a lot going on. He might have to sample some of the goods his beloved Eagles and their legends enjoy so much as a better hobby.
Our Premiership Salt Mine would like to have a word. That s**t is magnificent.

Dusty 5 kicks. When was the last time that happened?
Weird , he had a good first half , then just faded in the second half and he looked like he was pissed with the s**t football

Noticed alot of stars this year a bit down

Cripps , jack , yeo , shuey , sloane, macrae etc
Covid gonna Rob a year of seeing our dusty at his best fml

Dropping numbers back is a standard tactic in footy and it has been for what close to 20 years? Yes Sydney did it excessively today but the onus is on us, as the team with the ball to pick our way through. Alternatively we can do what we did at times today and just keep possession, we didn't need to score we were in-front no need to turn the ball over when they have everyone back.

It's not something new we've seen it before this year even (V Pies and Hawks) When goals aren't kicked it makes it difficult to break down a team, everyone if given the chance will get the majority of their numbers back, us included. The reason today was such a bore was not because of Sydney's flooding but because when they won the ball they showed no intent to break quickly and try score. Something the Hawks did against us very successfully a few weeks back.

I agree with most in here take the win and move on. Cotch won't be ready so can't see many changes, Pickett will play unless he gets rubbed out. Rioli is the one who could go but he's been covered enough in here. Nice to see Graham have a solid game in his natural position, Kmac very good as well glad they persisted with him.

North will be tricky they always are, banking another win is all I care about at this stage.

shiizen game, 4 points and move on, i know dusty got sat on by Hewett and did SFA but time to step up and have an influence mate, your our best mid and need to start working harder, done nothing for 3 or 4 rounds now.

of course ill cut him some slack because he's probs the best tiger of al time, just wanna see him up and about
same, its not an excuse, but i think he is one of many players effected by the *ery covid season, notice how good he was round 1 and pre season then it just fell apart afterwards. he got frustrated yesterday by the s**t game and being tagged

eddie is fuming we won
Yeah, Dimma says a few other teams have been flooding our F50. Comes back to Eddie and no comment about his pathetic mob. Hopefully we have a plan for this at some point.
It was a rubbish game of football if you could call it football.

If I am an opposition coach its a good way to figure out how to beat Richmond because we did not hhelp ourselves at all in how we played between defences
Shown no signs so far of knowing how to deal with it.
I firmly believe after the grand final, Pickett should have retired. Footy will never get better than that for him again.
Got to get him to 100 games - four father/sons already

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eddie is fuming we won

When we played saints at marvel Eddie was saying when there was a 50/50 contest oh that should've been a free-kick to st.kilda or that was high etc etc
No word of a lie he said that about 5-6 times throughout the game and not once for Richmond and i said to my wife have a listen to Eddie he really wants us to lose, showing his bias :p

It was a rubbish game of football if you could call it football.

If I am an opposition coach its a good way to figure out how to beat Richmond because we did not hhelp ourselves at all in how we played between defences

Agree one of the worst but we got the 4 points that's the silver lining.
No other team has flooded us like Sydney did, if other teams do that they too will score low as spending more time in their back half.

We must come up with a plan to combat this and I guess best it happened now in that we still got the win and the coaches look to formulate a plan for future teams who try it in the manner that Sydney did.

GWS solid favourites at home to defeat Brisbane so it sets up nicely, they play daytime, so we are aware of the result.

Who does Astbury come in for when available? I know we used to play Rance, Grimes, Broad, Astbury but we only played one ruck and one tall forward back then. We cant lose another small. Tough call will have to be made.

Who does Astbury come in for when available? I know we used to play Rance, Grimes, Broad, Astbury but we only played one ruck and one tall forward back then. We cant lose another small. Tough call will have to be made.
Chol probably. Balta deserves a long stint in the 1ā€™s more

DIMMA GOES BANG. Good on him for laying into Floodmire's tactics. It was the exact same as the last 3 quarters vs Collingflood. They just load up behind the ball, we can't score but they definitely can't score. That possession heatmap posted a few times in insane. Almost 3/4 of their possies in our forward 50. Shameful.

Should be a very different game against Norf next week - they tend not to flood backwards which will help us immensely. Good news is that Astbury could come back to man up on Flopsy Brown.

I can definitely understand some players getting frustrated when Sydney permafloods, not to mention it was dumping rain making scoring even harder. I expect a very fired up Tigers outfit next week.

Lastly chin up some of you disgruntled folks, our effort/intensity is starting to get back to what it was, just haven't quite got the connection from midfield to forward back yet. For some added context, in a mid-week interview, Lynch mentioned that the forwards hadn't trained with the mids at all. Now that they're in the hub, they can actually train together which will help.

Letā€™s be honest if rioli remains in the team next week players like markov might as well pack their bags now cos fu** me rioli u canā€™t dish up trash like today and last week and get a free ride..

And donā€™t give me this crap about lacking confidence. Because heā€™s had 1 tackle in last 2 games and going at 17% disposal efficiency...

Is he unfit to chase or just lazy? Certainly looks like heā€™s lost his zip and effort.
Markov wants out for that reason.

Ugly win. Take it and move on. Providedno one injured Rioli out for a witches hat. Thought Soldo's tap work was great. Fullmarks to Lynch for getting up too. Bolton, Vlaustin, Lambert, Caddy, K Mac all solid. Did anyone here go?

We need to develop our skills delivering to our forwards, if we master this, we will be unstoppable.

outs - Pickett, Egg, Rioli, Soldo
Ins - Ross, RCD, Dow, CCJ

Pickett - hasn't done a single thing since the GF. Time to move on and get someone serious in for him.
Egg - wasn't that bad today, but did he do enough? I can't see him in our future, nor will help us be a contender this year.
Rioli - Has extreme talent and is so important for our success but is lacking in confidence. Needs to go back to basics and take some time off before the business end of the season
Soldo - decent back up for Nankervis, but it's time we blood CCJ for our future. We also need someone to replace Riewoldt and need to find someone quick.

Ross - he is a genuine midfielder and we should play him in the guts every single game to learn. Will become elite if we develop him right.
RCD - Why not? has way more talent than some others and you don't pick these players first round for nothing. Time to get some games in.
Dow - From all reports, he seems to be our best player outside the regular seniors. We need an Edwards replacement.

Martin needs to spend more time on ball. Higgins needs to go straight into the guts and rest forward. Our first priority should be delivering to our forwards on leads or in space and sticking the tackles with extreme pressure. It's time we turn this season around NOW.
You realize we actually won the game?
I don't mind the idea of an inside player: either Ross or RCD, but I thought Lambert & Graham really stood up. I don't like Ross & Graham in the same team. Pickett & Egg played OK I thought.
Against North's ruck next week CJ & Chol are going to get a very good development session. Might lose the game though.
Rioli for Dow sure.

Back