Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have Kosi as a forward. Balta stays down back.

Kosi is our best option right now and will make Aliir, Ratugolea and Zerk-Thatcher accountable.
I strongly disagree with playing Balta down back. He's shown huge promise as a forward/ruck these last two games. I want us to persist. We're not winning the flag this year, so we need to play blokes in the roles we want them in long-term.

Miller and Brown were both excellent today in the VFL, so I'd bring both of those guys in for Young and Gibcus, and immediately start training Kosi as a back + playing him there at VFL level.

Great effort credit due with all circumstances. At crucial moments we lacked composure and had brain fades and it was the senior players who cost us premiership players. That's what kills me and it's been happening last 2 years wean them out. Bolton cut the show pony crap utter garbage. Tarranto work harder went missing. Mansell no way near this side when you got Clarke and Coulthard. Rioli needs more impact not enough.

Yeah, but it's a bad idea. Bolton does it with predictable results. Hawkins used to do it. Saved us a number of times.
dusty does it but he makes sure theres plenty of space to make the shot. mansell tonight did it with about a shoebox's space and it actually closed the angle rather than open it. was incredibly dumb.

Incredibly proud of the team tonight. Could have easily just given up in the second half and got done by 6+ goals, but they fought until the very last second of the game. Balta was big at both ends, while Vlastuin was massive after we loss Gibcus and Young. Hopper and Taranto showed why the club invested what they did to get them across 44 disposals 22 contested 8 clearances 12 score involvement & 6 tackles combined. Nankervis showed why he was made captain, 19 disposals 21 hitouts 7 tackles 12 contested possessions 8 clearances & 5 score involvements coming in somewhat underdone, another who will improve as he gets fitter.

Hopefully the boys take what they did tonight and build on that as it showed that what Yze is working on is heading in the right direction. For all those who questioned where we were headed after the game last week, I hope you now understand why some of us have been preaching patience, it's not going to happen over night, but I'm quite pleased with what I saw tonight and the more the season goes on the better and more consistent it will become.

As for next weeks changes

Out: Gibcus Young Prestia
In: Miller Brown McAuliffe

B: Grimes Miller Broad
HB: D.Rioli Vlastuin Short
C: McIntosh Taranto Ross
HF: Bolton Baker Campbell
F: Balta Martin Lynch
R: Nankervis Hopper Dow
INT: Brown Pickett M.Rioli Mansell McAuliffe

Apparently this is the year for Carlton and we’re winning the spoon!

Pundits, don’t you luv ‘em!

At least the effort was there, but jeez, the poise. Mansell to stretch the lead. Lynch to stretch the lead.

A couple of minutes later, Owies on the minimum wage shows the million dollar+ player how to kick a clutch goal. So disappointing. Very brave, but we butchered that.

Ps. remember how shattered GWS and Kingsley were when we narrowly beat them last year. We could well be on the right track.

Pps. Same jumper, same game as Rance i 2019. Breaks your heart.
We know how that last bit ended 🙊

We got torched by some horrendous umpiring that won the Blues the game, combined with the injury toll.

Would have legitimately knocked off a top 4 fancy tonight.

Some very sad team changes but brings in opportunity for others.

We just need a shred of luck to go our way soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fully get the players were tired and Yze has from reports told them to take the game on but we must get caught HTB more than I think I have seen any other side. It's not just now, it's been happening the last couple of seasons, maybe it's just a sign we are slow in comparison and other teams have also developed their tackling techniques much better than us.

Conversly we seem to have to tackle the player and then gift wrap them with a bow on top to be rewarded in the same way. Would be interesting if there is a stat to show tackles made that resulted in free kicks, think we would have the lowest ratio for all teams by a long way.
It appears that way, but unfortunately umpires don’t pay us HTB as often as our opponents. They seem to be allowed to throw it , hatch it etc and it’s a ball up and sometimes a free against us for in the back.

Great game and you did well coming off a short break plus having three players injured plus some underdone players such as Lynch being the only tall target. I know your pain with Prestia's chronic hammy problems since us Eagles fans do feel bad when Shuey does another soft tissue. I'm a huge Noah Balta fan and I've made posts on the Noah Balta thread a while back and he was BOG imo with his work up forward combing well with Lynch and down back once Gibcus and Young were injured although he still did the old brain fades. Vlaus was also great with his intercepting work down back.

Dusty was great and we saw glimpses of the old peak Dusty at times and Nank was solid in the ruck although De Konning beat him. It is soo frustrating watching Bolton when he half arses it and doesn't fully commit to the ball, he seems to me that he's an icing rather than a cake type player. The Blues lack of polish at times I could see them just miss out on top 4 but your team is tracking nicely although they are some alarm bells with some players like Pickett.

I feel for Gibcus after working soo hard getting back to fitness after hamstring surgery, only to likely do an ACL.

Gutsy effort but just a few too many weak links.

Our skills or lack thereof stands out like dog's balls.

Mansell I don't see it. 6 disposals. If he can't win a 50/50 contest he is a liability. Awful skills. 58% game time - that tells me the coaches can't see it as well.

MRJ - 4 disposals. Lost cause. Time to try someone else as a small fwd.

Broad - 9 disposals - he's dead weight being carried.

0-2 isn't fatal but with Port and Sydney to come 0-4 is. Gonna suck to sit through a dead season before June hits.

I'd be telling the AFL to shove our round zero fixture next year. Ridiculous.
Mrj is a one dimentional player, gets pushed off the ball too easy, just dont see enough from him.

Whoever the new ceo will be next year needs to grow a pair and call out this blantant bullying and cheating by the scumpires it’s getting beyond the joke now
100,000 tiger supporters need to give the game away only way things will change

dont attend in protest , let the team play to empty stadiums for a bit

Fully get the players were tired and Yze has from reports told them to take the game on but we must get caught HTB more than I think I have seen any other side. It's not just now, it's been happening the last couple of seasons, maybe it's just a sign we are slow in comparison and other teams have also developed their tackling techniques much better than us.

Conversly we seem to have to tackle the player and then gift wrap them with a bow on top to be rewarded in the same way. Would be interesting if there is a stat to show tackles made that resulted in free kicks, think we would have the lowest ratio for all teams by a long way.
Carlton got caught as much as us tonight, we got pinged most times, they didnt.

Back