Autopsy Roast/Toast R1 vs Carlton & Changes for R2 vs Port

BOG

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pickett was good tonight, had 2 clearances that set up 2 goals ( at least 1 anyway). Tackles hard, I don't think he's a problem

He will pull off 1-2 good things and then make a few howler mistakes in a row that cost the team. And then repeats that over and over.

There is no inbetween with him. It's frustrating. He's a great physical athlete but a low IQ player with lots of indecision when he gets the ball. Sloppy inconsistent disposal too inbetween his some good passages of play.

I think he hurts the team more than he helps but each to their own

Cartlon are crap
We play virtually without an interchange bench after 1/2 time - balta has to be moved back and then they send curnow as the loose man in defence in the dying minutes. If carlton supporters think they are serious top 4 they are kidding themselves.
They are a good team but miles of premership material.
Richmond fought that out with sheer guts and determination.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gutted for Gibcus looked a very nasty injury. Some forced changes next week with a fairly bare cupboard - if he looked good today Mcauliffe in for prestia for a debut. I’d rather cumbo for mansell too. I don’t even know how you can miss from that close

Unfortunately Dion should hang up the boots asap.
What's happened to Dow he looked so good late last season and in the practice games and now he is s**t again.

We play virtually without an interchange bench after 1/2 time - balta has to be moved back and then they send curnow as the loose man in defence in the dying minutes. If carlton supporters think they are serious top 4 they are kidding themselves.
They are a good team but miles of premership material.
Richmond fought that out with sheer guts and determination.

They beat Brisbane over there last week. Safe to say they’re challenging and also missing a few.

Gutted for Gibcus looked a very nasty injury. Some forced changes next week with a fairly bare cupboard - if he looked good today Mcauliffe in for prestia for a debut. I’d rather cumbo for mansell too. I don’t even know how you can miss from that close
Cumbo did some really nice defensive acts today.

Super proud of the Tigers tonight.

Don't think I've ever used the phrase 'honourable loss' but if there was a time to use it, it's tonight.

5 day break from the heat
3 players down for most of the game

Blues a 'top 6' side

And we fought tooth and nail till the end.

Every player should be applauded for their commitment tonight. On average they all played an extra15% game time bc we were down three men . Also our BL was dwarfed bc we lost two talls and mismatched, but Flossy , Broad , Kmac( heroic ) and co kept doing over and above their responsibilities. Any fan criticising a player today should banned for the day.
Umpires were horrendous after quarter time and we should’ve got a free in the dying seconds as a Carlton player dragged the ball in. At least the boys have the hunger still . Still shattered for Gibcus though.
Are we allowed to criticise Mansell? Should be an auto delist for that miss. Get Gordon Ramsey in to deliver the news

Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

First of all - Gibcus - gutted for this kid. The story of the night will be the blatant cheating by the umpires, but that will be forgotten as we will inevitably get used to it (again) as the season progresses. But Gibcus will be a huge loss.

I am VERY impressed with how we persevered tonight. Three players down, 5 day break (Thanks AFL) and Carton needed the three extra players on the ground to ensure the victory. Utterly disgraceful cheating, and this is why I don't go to many games these days. I thought maybe the AFL's obvious hatred for our club might have something to do with Dimma, but it didn't follow him. I didn't even raise my voice in the last quarter as the deliberate cheating unfolded. In fact, I laughed at the two free kicks we did receive were paid "advantage" when there clearly was no "advantage". Curnow and Cripps running amok with blood streaming from open wounds, but when Young has a 1mm scratch with dry blood, the umps stop the game - and our momentum. Don't me started on De Koning 75M penalty and goal - for basically initiating the contact with Baker and the ball falls out .. Really ? So blatantly cheating...

Vlastuin's goal saving tackle demonstrated we have the desire, and it sums up the night - tough footy and the "never say die" but it demonstrated, AGAIN, that the umpires don't know the rules. Curnow DROPPED THE BALL. But we had to go to the 45 camera angles desperately searching for Curnow's bootlace touching the ball to overturn the umpire's call - which was with the FIELD umpire. The point should not have been awarded - but you can see the umpires intent - at NO STAGE did he think it was a free against Curnow - that the ways these cheats operate.

Macca, Taranto, Hopper, Nank, Vlastuin, Baker all stood up in the last. Super impressive. Dow is good in congestion with his hands - I'd keep going with him.

I'm not angry or even upset. The way this team worked their asses off to win this impressed me immensely. We DESTROYED them at the clearances after being towelled by Rowell 5 days ago. Balta was immense, we are a much more settled team with Nank and Dusty was about to tear the game open until the umps intervened. Vlastuin was utterly incredible, but now we need Broad to step up.

Carlton are expected to be top 4 this year, and we are supposed to be bottom 4. We had three players injured before half time, and they had three extra men in phlegm on the ground after quarter time. We looked the better side. This is REALLY positive.... If we had a bit more luck with no players down, we would have beaten both Carlton and the Umps. Those 8 frees in a row in the 2nd really settled Freelton.

Bolton needs a spell at VFL level or trade him end of year for a first rounder. Missed two easy shots and cost us a goal at the other end. His head is just not in the game. Mansell was putrid.

I'm not even pissed off. Really proud of our game. But I'm sure the media will run with the Lynch "non free" but totally ignore the 6-7 "non frees" resulting in goals to Freelton...

Out - Prestia, Young, Gibcus (all inj), Mansell
In - Miller, Trezise, Cumberland, McAuliffe ( Or whoever is impressive at training / VFL)

Back