• 44: Sydney Stack

Votes: 16 11.9%
  • 50: Marlion Pickett

Votes: 22 16.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest - we didn't just run out of puff. Collingwood would have been on top in the first half, except for

1. Our defensive setup was pretty good and working.
2. They missed easy shots for goal.
3. We didn't.

All that changed in the 2nd half was they stopped kicking it short and sideways (so not giving our defence time to set) and they kicked better for goal.

It has also been blindingly clear this year that teams have worked out our defensive 'zoning' basically by running at and through it. That's OK - gameplans get worked out and teams adapt. So far, we haven't found the next step.

2022 looks good, We've got some players to put into this team. Balta, Prestia, Broad, Lambert (our most important out IMO), Nankervis, Vlastuin, Edwards - that's a premiership centre-square line-up and half a premiership defence. But it means nothing if we don't sort out the gameplan. Our turn to adapt.

I’ll give you he had a horrible debut decision making wise but he at least hunted the footy. If you didn’t watch the VFL game today I suggest you try and find the replay. He was brilliant in the contest with his contested work and quick handballs, comfortably outplayed highly rated youngsters from Collingwood.
mate even steve morris is good at vfl level, he is no good sorry, wish him the best though, afl is a tough game, some ppl make it some dont

Hard to swallow when you are playing a season to be considered the best of the modern era.

One passage of play that had me astounded was we covered the wing from a goal kick, one short kick on their 50,this player goes into the corridor with 3 unmanned Collingwood players.Grundy was one of them kick over the top goal out the back. That is phenomenal from a goal kick, from that point I knew it was over, and Sums up our season, just a big ******* over correction. This game is based on corridoor and clearance. Dimma has ****ed it good and he should come out and say he has over reacted.

begs us to think how are we going to adapt to this? We are a proud football club And this has been beyond embarrassing.

Yeah no problems who do you suggest plays there with both our recognised rucks out ? Pickett. I'm not saying his afl quality but his no number 1 ruck.
Did you say not to blame? Did you see him his awareness is crap most of the time he stands around watching? Grundys mark and goal Watch that then talk about him he is really crap. I would rather bring back Grigg out of retirement. Ps Dim Sim was making fun of our ruck stocks and offering them to other clubs how things change.

I believe he is carrying an injury probably should not be out there
Dusty carrying an Achilles hence he is getting caught no power to push off
Just too many out injured so they keep playing these two
That’s what I’m saying mate. Dusty is obviously down aswel but scan still have impact but Cotchin is not able to compete, the club need to protect him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2021 has been a s**t sandwich. Too many key injuries, players out of form, exhausted from consecutive years of finals, no real hunger, inability to adapt to the New rules, poor discipline and copped it from umpires every week. It’s just not our year.

Time to put the cue away and go back to the drawing board. Work on an improved game plan for next year, retain the players who can fit it, retire those to banged up orunmotivated, cut the dead wood and get in some quality assistant coaches. Go hard at the draft and then give the players a long off season to get properly fit. Reload again for another run in 2022.

can’t win it every year I guess

I understand nor dropping champs of the club
Jack has staged all year
Cotch is finished on ball
Hardwick needs to harden up or fu** off
I'm sick of the boys club mentality. But if you don't perform then play a bit roll. Not our main avenues.
We got torn apart with these 2 guys today
Clarko got rid of guys who were past it.
I would play Cotch fortune place of Aarts
They both are it slow but one can play
The team is clearly sick of the shitty umpiring we've copped the past 5 years and have all gone #eco and I dont blame them.

Must be tough rocking up to a game and knowing umps will gift the oppo a 4 goal minimum head start.
give it a break cannot keep blaming umps we make some real dumb decisions and poor tacjles

20 points up in last quarter, then the umps turn the screws. Obvious bias that enabled Pies to go up a level when we had their measure beforehand, while umps gave us nothing and killed our momentum. I’m sure that if there was some parity in the officiating, we would have closed out the game comfortably. Sure, the Richmond of previous years would have probably responded and found a way to win, so I get why people say ‘don’t blame the umps, we just didn’t play well enough’, but it must be acknowledged the umps were massively influential in the result. This isn’t sooking, it’s so obvious and cost us games this season, and things won’t improve in the umpiring ranks until we call it out.
In the meantime, we have a few players out of form or playing inconsistently, so it’s got to the point in the season where we could rest the likes of Cotch, and give some of the younger guys consistent senior games. Pleasantly surprised with Garth, and thought Naish and RCD continued to show improvement. Stack was handy at times and showed he was worth hanging on to.
The return of Nank will be a huge boost for the team and our way of playing.
It’s hard to not be disappointed in our rapid fall, but trying to find positives in the development of our youngsters.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We'll be much better with Lambert , Prestia and Vlaustin back.
Nank is vital as well. Stack will improve. I say we still make the eight.
The problem is we can't run games out now and we're going to bring in players that have missed over half the year with leg injuries.
Prestia and Lambert should be coming back through the VFL .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought the Pies were better then us all game. They sliced up many times in the first quarter and then just couldn't execute the final kick. The fact that we haven't addressed opposition ability to just move the ball the length of the ground time and again is a reflection on the coaching staff this season. What we are seeing with these capitulations is a team that is simply cooked. It's becoming laughable that we all know that a 4-5 goal lead is going to turn and that when we do gain a lead we will give away a dumb 50 or stupid free kick to inevitably gift the opposition back momentum instead of having the ruthless edge and finishing off an opponent, It feels like the ingrained culture of ways to lose a game has crept back in the team.

We should be thankful we saw an era (I include 2018 in that because it was still a remarkable season) 3 premierships and 1 minor premiership is a very good result from an era. We need to go to the draft - Cerra or a Green isn't a Judd like recruit that will win us another flag. It might help us make finals and that's about it.

Feels like a lot of goodbyes this year

farewelled Cotchin, willing us at all costs to victory against the undefeated dogs

farewelled jack, 5 goals and mark of the year against Adelaide

farewelled the premiership era - shortly after Bolton kicked what I presumed to be the sealer against West Coast

& really the way he is playing, I hope we haven’t farewelled Dusty ripping games to pieces. Could you say he has done it this year? Maybe against GWS

the entire team looks physically & mentally cooked. Very hard to accept had we had some composure and defeated west coast and Collingwood that we would still be up to our eye balls in this season, despite ordinary losses to st kilda and Gold Coast

ive put a line through martyn and ryan, they wont make it, martyn looked like a deer in lights his first game, ryan was barely near the ball let alone touched it, this draft and trade period is critical, we actually need to draft or trade 2-3 ready made best 22 players. 1 KP player, 1 inside mid, 1 pressure fwd
Martyn was an 18 year old playing his first game in Adelaide in a finals like game.

Ryan played in a game where kicked our worst score in 50 years.

Ridiculous to put a line through them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back