Votes: 17 6.1%
  • 48: Liam Baker

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Out - short, Cotchin

In - McIntosh , Townsend

23 touches 10 tackles from Towner in the vfl win today

Imagine two tackling machines as long as Towner brings those numbers to afl , jack graham and Towner tackling machines would be great

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood copying us again. Peak early and play worst footy late in the season.

Pretty stupid to copy 2018.
Gold.

This match was the one I was waiting for before deciding whether I think we can go all the way this year and while the pies aren't exactly flying right now I do think we can beat the eagles and lions now.

Love beating the pies.

Just back from the game; my thoughts:

- thought Collingwood had a legitimate chance as I think their game style at their best matches up extremely well against ours. It was only maybe the last five minutes of the first half and the last ten or so in the last game (where the foot was well and truly off the throat) that Collingwood seemed to have their game style working for them.
- large portions of the game we made Collingwood look second rate. Against GWS and Port we played better, but didn’t make the opponent look second rate. Why? Pressure, pressure, pressure.
- I’ve been harping on about Rioli’s importance for a few weeks now. The amount of km’s he covered (along with Lambert) and still the ability to close down space irrespective of whether he has a legitimate chance of sticking a tackle is massive for us. The result is a kick that is a little more rushed or a little more short. Stack and Bolton are very good at this too. It’s these little things which has seen us get back what we know we can do.
- Thought Jack, Dusty and Chol all worked so well together. Credit to Jack to. Thought his work off the ball was the key in Dusty’s second goal and Chol’s goal. When the ball is in his hands 70 out, his decision making going inside 50 is elite. Not just he and Tom, but he and Dusty too.
- Soldo was massive. Think his tap work wasn’t great, but held Grundy to an even match up imo; and the importance of Grundy to the Pies equals a win. I think we won clearances from throw ins, something I would not have suspected going into this game.
- Graham gives us so much better balance in the midfield. Also allows Dusty to move forward for big chunks of the game, even with Cotch out.
- Edwards responded from a down game last week. His creativity in the midfield and forward means so much for this team with the talent we have up forward.
- thought when Roughead went down, we got to Lynch focused early in the third, and tried to find him too much on the wings coming out of D50. It seemed that he was being double teamed by scharenberg and mayne. Our entries I50 suffered as a result. It was please to see we changed it up quickly and get ourselves back to the style we want to play at.
- I like Short, but his not overly creative, can just roost it fifty on either peg. Thought Baker played that role extremely well. Not sure Shorty gets dropped on that performance (stats after all day he played quite well; though I think that may be somewhat of a false positive); but with a Caddy and KMac plodding was in the two’s, as well as DES, think there will be continuin pressure on maintaining his spot.
- Grimes = Eggplant + multiple squirt emoji’s.
- Congrats to Bachar on 200 games.

All in all, just a great win. For what it was billed as, for what it meant for the Pies after what they served up against the Giants, just a professional dismantling of a top eight side with some genuine match winners. Considering their best was Sidebottom, Treloar and DeGoey and we still won by five goals (should’ve been more too), it could be a scary omen. Only real spur note is obviously Cotch’s injury.

In: Caddy
Out: Cotch

Hardest thing is knowing Nank is best 22, but that Soldo and Chol have been so good it’s hard to drop them.

Was a statement game for us, wow. Definitely Premiership contenders now and we finish the round 1 game into the top 4! I thought we’d drop at least one game of the GWS, Port Adelaide and Collingwood stretch earlier in the year, but great to see us go 3-0.

The last quarter was admittedly disappointing, but it’s good to be on the winner’s list against Collingwood again after the last two games we have had against them.

Lynch is a huge get and Riewoldt and him are clicking now. Stack, Bolton, Prestia and Dusty had a big game and I liked what I saw of Baker.

All in all a good win and we’re doing well
Glad we won.Should have and did.
Can't take too much out of the game really.
Lynch & Jack are awesome.
Grimes is a Champion.
Stack i think needs a rest
Short is the weakest link.
Chol>>Soldo
Bolton looking more comfortable by the week.

Just back from the game; my thoughts:

- thought Collingwood had a legitimate chance as I think their game style at their best matches up extremely well against ours. It was only maybe the last five minutes of the first half and the last ten or so in the last game (where the foot was well and truly off the throat) that Collingwood seemed to have their game style working for them.
- large portions of the game we made Collingwood look second rate. Against GWS and Port we played better, but didn’t make the opponent look second rate. Why? Pressure, pressure, pressure.
- I’ve been harping on about Rioli’s importance for a few weeks now. The amount of km’s he covered (along with Lambert) and still the ability to close down space irrespective of whether he has a legitimate chance of sticking a tackle is massive for us. The result is a kick that is a little more rushed or a little more short. Stack and Bolton are very good at this too. It’s these little things which has seen us get back what we know we can do.
- Thought Jack, Dusty and Chol all worked so well together. Credit to Jack to. Thought his work off the ball was the key in Dusty’s second goal and Chol’s goal. When the ball is in his hands 70 out, his decision making going inside 50 is elite. Not just he and Tom, but he and Dusty too.
- Soldo was massive. Think his tap work wasn’t great, but held Grundy to an even match up imo; and the importance of Grundy to the Pies equals a win. I think we won clearances from throw ins, something I would not have suspected going into this game.
- Graham gives us so much better balance in the midfield. Also allows Dusty to move forward for big chunks of the game, even with Cotch out.
- Edwards responded from a down game last week. His creativity in the midfield and forward means so much for this team with the talent we have up forward.
- thought when Roughead went down, we got to Lynch focused early in the third, and tried to find him too much on the wings coming out of D50. It seemed that he was being double teamed by scharenberg and mayne. Our entries I50 suffered as a result. It was please to see we changed it up quickly and get ourselves back to the style we want to play at.
- I like Short, but his not overly creative, can just roost it fifty on either peg. Thought Baker played that role extremely well. Not sure Shorty gets dropped on that performance (stats after all day he played quite well; though I think that may be somewhat of a false positive); but with a Caddy and KMac plodding was in the two’s, as well as DES, think there will be continuin pressure on maintaining his spot.
- Grimes = Eggplant + multiple squirt emoji’s.
- Congrats to Bachar on 200 games.

All in all, just a great win. For what it was billed as, for what it meant for the Pies after what they served up against the Giants, just a professional dismantling of a top eight side with some genuine match winners. Considering their best was Sidebottom, Treloar and DeGoey and we still won by five goals (should’ve been more too), it could be a scary omen. Only real spur note is obviously Cotch’s injury.

In: Caddy
Out: Cotch

Hardest thing is knowing Nank is best 22, but that Soldo and Chol have been so good it’s hard to drop them.
I don't want Soldo dropped, but if Nank is fit and ready to go I do think he provides a bit more around the ground particularly in defense.

Back