Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Naismith is a disappointment.
Offers nothing much in the ruck, down the line, in the air or even as an angry enforcer.
Maybe it’s hard for Yze to state all this publicly so he chose weird instead?
Yze preaches playing the young blokes but plays a useless 31 year old over a young player in form in the VFL its despicable. We need to clean out dimma's old crew they're clearly influencing with their outdated tactics

Its completely different. We had already drafted
Cotchin
Martin
Riewoldt
Rance
Edwards

The future A graders that would deliver a dynasty. Atm we have nothing. Mind boggling nobody can see this
We may not have drafted those future A graders yet, but unlike that 2010 side, we've got a stronger foundation to build around and we will get to add some top line talent in the draft this year and possibly next year depending on how things unfold.

I believe the injury crisis has actually forced the club to look at things differently to how they may have looked at things 6-8 months ago when Yze first took over and there was some belief that we could rebound like the Pies did under McRae with their older group and a few younger guys stepping up.

Hopefully we continue to back the younger cubs in as the rest of the season unfolds as that is what is going to help turn things around.

we are overloaded with midget flankers too and a decent KPF was start of 2023. Even HH would have been handy. JVR along the way.

Maybe draft a BBM like Hobbs we don't need JH AND TT.
I know we had some experience and bigger bodies missing today, but overall I think our list needs more size.
Freo looked like giants out there today, particularly their backline

Pickett was ******* woeful. Multiple basic skill errors can't be excused.

Who goes out for Prestia if not Dow?
Every single one of our players made basic skill errors today, every one of them.
Pickett turned it over once and dropped a sitter, and maybe a fumble or two, but no worse than any other player.
I would say perhaps Banks goes out if Prestia is back with your favourite Pickett back on to a wing.

Easy to say but it’s not really practical either
You listed a whole bunch of players that have come from different drafts so it’s not as if every single draft has these kinds of gems and they are easy to find because no club can pick these types consistently
It comes down to a little bit of luck with the late picks

In that same window of picks we selected Bolton and Balta so it’s not as if we haven’t found players in that range

Even the waterman example it’s not like he’s a 2nd year player
He was drafted in 2016 and done absolutely * all until now
We would of calling him to be delisted well before now and written him off like some are with Kozi
But my view is that they’re ‘gems’ because those clubs developed them to become gems. I don’t think they were gems on draft night.

I’m pretty set now on the opinion that people put too much emphasis on draft picks. Whether a player makes it or not is much more complicated than that. After the draft, it’s up to the clubs to guide them towards making it at AFL level. Some terrible sides burn through picks because of this exact reason. RCD for example may not have made it because we didn’t know how to develop him. If GWS got him, then he might have made it. I’m talking about things like that.

Waterman is doing what he’s doing now, but what if he was drafted at North Melbourne? Would he still be on a list?

You’re more than welcome to disagree with what I’ve said, but I’m really concerned about our ability to develop midfielders. I just don’t think we’re good at it from all that I’ve seen

Its completely different. We had already drafted
Cotchin
Martin
Riewoldt
Rance
Edwards

The future A graders that would deliver a dynasty. Atm we have nothing. Mind boggling nobody can see this
Don’t pretend these guys were all guns from day 1. Edwards and Rance especially took years to develop. We don’t know if we’ve got that on our list already and won’t for a few years.

Yze preaches playing the young blokes but plays a useless 31 year old over a young player in form in the VFL its despicable. We need to clean out dimma's old crew they're clearly influencing with their outdated tactics

He is playing young blokes, but you need experience there as well otherwise you just end up like Norf are atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yze presser speaking on why he went with Naismith over Ryan was weird. Yze looking a little out of his depth
I didn't get that impression, reading between the lines, yze is disappointed with Naismith and I'd say his papers are half stamped. Ryan will be in next week.

He also implied that Kosi has been given fair opportunity to cement a spot at senior level but hasn't grasped the opportunity either.

I really like Yze, he doesn't mince his words, but he knows he's been dealt a shit hand but he rolls on without complaining.

We will get better, our young guys will improve, we just need patience. In 18 months time, our list will be flipped on its head.

Yze presser speaking on why he went with Naismith over Ryan was weird. Yze looking a little out of his depth
Hopefully Yze will learn from the mistakes. Or, perhaps they wanted to give Naismith the opportunity but it's not working.

I'd rather Kosi or Ryan come into the side than Naismith.

We need a better sub option.

We may not have drafted those future A graders yet, but unlike that 2010 side, we've got a stronger foundation to build around and we will get to add some top line talent in the draft this year and possibly next year depending on how things unfold.

I believe the injury crisis has actually forced the club to look at things differently to how they may have looked at things 6-8 months ago when Yze first took over and there was some belief that we could rebound like the Pies did under McRae with their older group and a few younger guys stepping up.

Hopefully we continue to back the younger cubs in as the rest of the season unfolds as that is what is going to help turn things around.
I hope you're right

A lot was missing this game, but you need your senior players to set good examples. It's obviously never been his forte, but Martin's lack of defensive accountability was ******* woeful today.

Watching him at the G not even want to take 2 steps and put an arm up to create a contest was insipid. Not good enough from a leader.
Geez I must watch a different game he was clearly our best player first half
Be fair to the great man not too much talent around him at present and he is bringing players consistently into the game look at his goal assists
Some guys have very short memories of how great this guy has been and he still is a very very good player

Sounded pretty straightforward to me.

He said we went with Naismith over Ryan as the extra tall because we played two good stoppage teams the past two weeks but that might change next week and Ryan may get get a go because he’s been in good form in the VFL.

Hopefully Yze will learn from the mistakes. Or, perhaps they wanted to give Naismith the opportunity but it's not working.

I'd rather Kosi or Ryan come into the side than Naismith.

We need a better sub option.
Play Ryan for an extended run. Need to see what he has.

1.5 goals per quarter we averaged today. Yes our forward line has been hit super hard by injuries but perfect time time to try a few things, It just couldn’t really get any worse so why the **** not. Mansell, Campbell and Naismith out. I think Campbell has a future but he’s been below par for weeks now, and at this point his poor performances would just be doing his confidence damage. Coulthard, Ryan and Cumberland in.

Rubbish it’s a bit like wines and boak have been around to take most of the load until butters and rozee are now dominating , will be same for us , once early pics are introduced incl what we got to
said who? . it was exactly as TI said.

Back