Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked yuck.

No mids a la West Coast game. Need at least Hopper in there. No surprise that Dow played well with a bigger body (and Graham too) in the guts.

We got bad Marlion this week. Unsure why he played less middle after doing well there last week but I imagine it’s down to mixed up roles with Hopper, Graham out and Sonsie back in the mix.

Defenders held on well enough before straw met the camels back.

I thought Brown was solid. Can’t pass judgement on Sonsie, Dow and Banks (who was around the contest) until they can actually play their roles smoother transition roles, not have to bash and crash.

Ralphsmith doing enough to lock that wing away, good for him.

Feel for Naismith who got shown rather clearly to be a break-glass guy.

Out: Campbell (rested), Naismith (omitted), McIntosh (farewell my sweet boy)

In: Prestia, Balta, Ryan

Vlastuin Miller Grimes
Short Young D Rioli
Ralphsmith Prestia Banks
Bolton Balta Baker
M Rioli Lefau Mansell
Nankervis Martin Sonsie
Dow Ryan Brown Broad
Sub: Pickett

So disappointed in our performance today. Some of the players just don’t seem to give a s**t anymore.

It’s all well and good to finish way down the ladder and get high draft picks, but I have little faith that our list manager will do a good job with them anyway.

I had hoped that after coming out of 37 wilderness years we might have learned something about how to not go back there, but sadly I guess not.
We are missing almost 1300 senior games worth of experience. heck me dead the carry on in here is next level. Tje club rose from the abyss and won 3 premierships from as many GG appearances. Inevitable that you come back to the pack eventually but no one has a crystal ball.

Game was frustrating, but I don’t buy the talk of our kids are rubbish, I’m really encouraged myself they need more support around them and our injury toll has made that near impossible.

Loving what Brown is showing, Sonsie showed something, Lefau too. Banks needs time and support, we have a bunch of others. For all the Dow criticism, he’s the one most impacted by no Prestia, Tarranto, Hopper and Ross.

I just don’t think, with all the injuries, all that much can be read of our position atm. What I can say is the kids are getting games and learning the level it takes and holding their own at times.

More specifically about today’s game, having mentioned some kids above, thought Vlastiun, Broad, D Rioli and Young battled hard.

I think we’ll be fine and competitive sooner than some think.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Where did they get that table from?
Their arses?
Richmond ,bottom of the free differential,8 years and counting.
Richmond has been positive in three years since 2013 - 2013-2015:

2013: 430-425
2014: 436-429
2015: 504-432
2016: 423-440
2017: 469-528
2018: 421-543
2019: 461-490
2020: 316-384
2012: 376-461
2022: 433-517
2023: 357-416
2024: 106-146

-479 is the real answer.

We are also behind all time - 33903-34962

Game was frustrating, but I don’t buy the talk of our kids are rubbish, I’m really encouraged myself they need more support around them and our injury toll has made that near impossible.

Loving what Brown is showing, Sonsie showed something, Lefau too. Banks needs time and support, we have a bunch of others. For all the Dow criticism, he’s the one most impacted by no Prestia, Tarranto, Hopper and Ross.

I just don’t think, with all the injuries, all that much can be read of our position atm. What I can say is the kids are getting games and learning the level it takes and holding their own at times.

More specifically about today’s game, having mentioned some kids above, thought Vlastiun, Broad, D Rioli and Young battled hard.

Respectfully disagree.
There is not one potential dusty (other than dusty himself 😅), rance, Cotchin, Riewoldt on our list.
Brown looks ok but I would rather Holmes.

110% agree.
Dow is playing at the #1 or 2 mid while he should be the 4th or 5th.
It also isn’t a coincidence that Mansell and Campbell have dropped off since Balta and Lynch have been out.

Brown, Sonsie, Young and Miller were ok today.

Short is a problem imo.

Prestia for Dow would be a mistake and totally counter to what this year should be about

Why play a vet on his last legs instead of giving a kid a continued run

He's played 8 games on the trot that's a continued run in my eyes and hes delivered the equivalent of a greasy minimum chips. As injury prone as Prestia is he's straight back in and automatically improves our team. Sonsie and McAuliffe should be played in the guts ahead of Dow. I don't see any glimmer of quality about Dow, and those that say he has elite hands need to get off the bongs.

This little squirrel is coasting. Thinks he's an A grader, but he's a squib that shirks are hard ball get and when he tries he falls over. Needs trading out as he provides negative results for us.
Usually I don't listen to your constant negative rubbish TI but in the case of Short I have to agree with you. Watch him when he has to chase someone. He just can't run any more and his kicking, which was his weapon, is really inconsistent now. He doesn't hit targets and doesn't chanse. He is like a less defensive Jake Lloyd. If we could get a decent trade for him I'd take it.

I did like Lefau’s game. He’s a bit of a handful and I’d like to see him played with someone better than Kosi or Naismith.

Dow did some good things, but I don’t think he offers enough to let him take up a key on ball spot.

Sonsie was a mix of good and bad but wasted at HFF.

Not a hell of lot else to take from today.

We got smashed in the ruck which made everything else hard. We also had no one over 6’ in the forward half, who could give us a target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's played 8 games on the trot that's a continued run in my eyes and hes delivered the equivalent of a greasy minimum chips. As injury prone as Prestia is he's straight back in and automatically improves our team. Sonsie and McAuliffe should be played in the guts ahead of Dow. I don't see any glimmer of quality about Dow, and those that say he has elite hands need to get off the bongs.
I’m not saying Dow is the answer I’m just saying for right now until we have more than one viable option to play the inside role there is no point swapping him straight out for someone else who will be the solo inside mid

In a perfect worked I would have Hopper, Taranto and McAuliffe rotating at the coal face and the likes of Prestia, Sonsie, Bolton and Baker as the movers but until we start getting more of those prime movers back we just need to persist with Dow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My biggest fear is that in my opinion we have no stars coming through.
I can’t name one player under 22 on our list who screams out “star”.

It’s an interesting one, there are countless teams in history who have had stars in the team, even young stars (early 20s), who have not had ultimate success. Star players help no doubt (that’s why they’re stars), but more important IMO is a whole base of seriously good footballers, and not having a big drop off in effectiveness of those who are players 15-23 in any particular game.

But yeah, maybe. I think the young guys we’re seeing can be the core I speak of. Stars? We can only hope a few come along. And BTW, much easier to end up with stars from very early draft picks - which is likely a side effect of this year.

Not gonna lie. I'm feeling rather despondent right now. My next game will be Dreamtime. I've conceded we have as close to "zero" chance of winning let alone being competitive. It is what it is.

Back