Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

On a side note, my disinterest in the AFL is such that now i basically don’t watch anything other than Richmond and i no longer consume any AFL media. I no longer listen to SEN either. Don’t read papers either. Anyone else like this now?
I am more invested in local footy.
Exactly the same as me. I watch our games, and watch our press conferences, and that's it. I don't watch any other games. Don't read the papers. Don't listen to SEN, or 3AW, or any radio, and don't watch any of the garbage AFL shows on any channels, whether it's Foxtel or regular TV. They can f**k themselves. I love my club, but I f**king despise the AFL and the AFL media.

If I want to watch a game live not involving Richmond, I walk to the local soccer club. $5 a beer and no corruption from the officials.

On a side note, my disinterest in the AFL is such that now i basically don’t watch anything other than Richmond and i no longer consume any AFL media. I no longer listen to SEN either. Don’t read papers either. Anyone else like this now?
I am more invested in local footy.
I'm in NSW, so free to air for me, no SEN. The AFL is a huge institution, RFC going up or down isn't the end of the world to them. Massive TV deal just signed. About to be a 19th club. The game must be doing something right. A record 413,405 people attended Round 1.

I noticed at Laura Kane on TV on a Sunday after a umpiring issue. Carlton vs Freo touched ball, My view on AFL rules is it grey area upon grey area. Every whistle blow/non blow is a grey area. No doubt RFC at the wrong end of the decisions for years.

Demetriou said one of his objectives was to keep other sports off the back pages, Having fans of 18 clubs outraged week in week out over umpiring, game scheduling, the draft, on twitter, ringing up SEN. I think that rolled over into Gil & Dill. For what its worth me and 21,000 at People's First Stadium benefitted from ground zero RFC vs Suns.

At the end of 2016 I zenned out about watching RFC, and that's rolled over into umpiring.

I get enjoyment out of watching RFC. Shame our old farts hit the wall so badly, The kids exciting. The class of 2021 are good, I have more confidence we will pick better than the bad old days

Last edited:
Exactly the same as me. I watch our games, and watch our press conferences, and that's it. I don't watch any other games. Don't read the papers. Don't listen to SEN, or 3AW, or any radio, and don't watch any of the garbage AFL shows on any channels, whether it's Foxtel or regular TV. They can f**k themselves. I love my club, but I f**king despise the AFL and the AFL media.

If I want to watch a game live not involving Richmond, I walk to the local soccer club. $5 a beer and no corruption from the officials.
100% agree.
I havent listerned to watched any AFL media besides on the Tigers app for a couple of years.
I also only watch our games.
Its amazing how much more i enjoy the game.
Everyone complains about Cornes....its an easy fix....switch him off and put on MMM Country :p

100% agree.
I havent listerned to watched any AFL media besides on the Tigers app for a couple of years.
Everyone complains about Cornes....its an easy fix....switch him off and put on MMM Country :p
In NSW I watch Footy Classified. Monday night version. Kane & Caro for 40 minutes. Eddie I can't handle, or Brayshaw's voice.

Last edited:
Campbell and mansell both need a spell in VFL , not saying they haven’t a future , but they’re giving us zilch right now
Coult is one especially I’d like to see , both green and cumbo too
Banks is very so so , would like to see what Kaleb smith does with his spot , bit I’d be dropping macca and Pickett first if I was looking for spots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree.

I barely even watched AFL media when we were good. Never had a huge interest in it.

Probably already been mentioned, but:
60+ less disposals. Freo dominating time in possession... Rich lose tackle count by 20. 7 players didn't even lay a tackle for the whole game, 4 of them being our players including the premiership player who only registered 2 disposals for the whole game.

Yesterday was a pure lack of effort. Simple as that. If YZE can't even get that from what he's got, we are in for a world of hurt.

We lost the first 9 rounds of Dimmas first year and everyone was saying we were worst than Fitzroy in their final year. But at least we could see effort back then.

Watching games now, all I see are premiership players not wanting to work hard enough for long enough and young players giving up after running their butts off for 3 quarters. Why we play players like Naismith, Grimes and Pickett are beyond me. Clearly not part of the future and no where near it now. Just play The kids and demand effort. Best we can do at the present time.

Dunno where else to put this but the physical size difference other teams seem to have over us is a major concern. Outside of genetically blessed individuals like Lids and Rance, can anyone remember any of our recent draftees ever adding significant size to their frames? Need a broom through the whole strength and conditioning team for more reasons than the injury rate.

Dunno where else to put this but the physical size difference other teams seem to have over us is a major concern. Outside of genetically blessed individuals like Lids and Rance, can anyone remember any of our recent draftees ever adding significant size to their frames? Need a broom through the whole strength and conditioning team for more reasons than the injury rate.
Martin and Riewoldt beefed up

Probably already been mentioned, but:
60+ less disposals. Freo dominating time in possession... Rich lose tackle count by 20. 7 players didn't even lay a tackle for the whole game, 4 of them being our players including the premiership player who only registered 2 disposals for the whole game.

Yesterday was a pure lack of effort. Simple as that. If YZE can't even get that from what he's got, we are in for a world of hurt.

We lost the first 9 rounds of Dimmas first year and everyone was saying we were worst than Fitzroy in their final year. But at least we could see effort back then.

Watching games now, all I see are premiership players not wanting to work hard enough for long enough and young players giving up after running their butts off for 3 quarters. Why we play players like Naismith, Grimes and Pickett are beyond me. Clearly not part of the future and no where near it now. Just play The kids and demand effort. Best we can do at the present time.
You can't just play all the kids you end up like Norf. Yes, Grimes and Pickett are no longer in their prime and might be coasting a bit, but they need to play

100% agree.
I watch Richmond and thats it otherwise i watch the cricket

You can't just play all the kids you end up like Norf. Yes, Grimes and Pickett are no longer in their prime and might be coasting a bit, but they need to play
No, they don't. We still have Vlaustin, Nank, D.Rioli, Dusty, Baker, Short, Broad, Baker on the park. They are still offering a s**t ton more than Grimes, Pickett and McIntosh. Why do we need to play those 3? We have coverage of "experience" in the areas they play being midfield and defense.

No, they don't. We still have Vlaustin, Nank, D.Rioli, Dusty, Baker, Short, Broad, Baker on the park. They are still offering a s**t ton more than Grimes, Pickett and McIntosh. Why do we need to play those 3? We have coverage of "experience" in the areas they play being midfield and defense.
Who are you playing ahead of Grimes?

Back