Autopsy Roast, toast vs Sydney and changes for Port Adelaide in two weeks

Best vs Sydney

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah you're probably right, I've just got no confidence in our backline right now. Things literally have to change this week if our aim is for top 4
I have confidence in our backline but I fear for them the way the ball rockets in there.

No defence can stop a Hawkins or a Curnow if it gets in there that quickly.

But maybe that’s our game plan this year: concede a few but out score them. All the stats this year around our scoring are top 2 in the comp.

I have confidence in our backline but I fear for them the way the ball rockets in there.

No defence can stop a Hawkins or a Curnow if it gets in there that quickly.

But maybe that’s our game plan this year: concede a few but out score them. All the stats this year around our scoring are top 2 in the comp.

lol, its not working then. Have no idea why they would want to play a run and gun style considering our midfield struggles to compete for 4 quarters and our forwardline is a massive "work in progress".

If our opponent scores 100 or more, we lose the game. Run & Gun would be a ridiculous strategy for this team. We should be playing the OG stern defence and craftiness via experience, based on the team we are naming each week

Second quarters have been Richmond’s strength in the first half of the 2022 season.

The Tigers have won nine of their 11 second terms, outscoring opponents by a combined total of 103 points in those games – 49.23 (317) to 30.34 (214).

It’s a different story, however, when you look at Richmond’s last quarters this year, with five wins from the 11 games.

The opposition has outscored the Tigers by 41 points overall in final terms – 41.29 (275) to 34.30 (234).

Third quarters have been good, with eight wins, while the score-line in opening terms is seven wins and four losses.

Richmond’s overall best quarter so far this season is the 7.4 (46) it scored in the final term against West Coast 4.1 (25), Round 7, Optus Stadium.

Lynch will be back against Carlton it seems. Lambert, I reckon they'll give him another week.

I'd swing Gibcus forward to partner with Jack until Lynch is back. Cumberland in too as he can play tall and is reliable in front of goals.
Castagna should not be getting a game on 2 handballs. Surely, it's time for the match committee to give others a go to see what they can produce.

Ins: Balta, Pickett, Cumberland
Outs: Tarrant, Ross, Castagna

Grimes Balta Broad
Baker Vlastuin Rioli
Pickett Short McIntosh
Bolton Cumberland Graham
Gibcus Riewoldt Martin
Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I: Edwards, M Rioli, Ralphsmith, Soldo

Lynch will be back against Carlton it seems. Lambert, I reckon they'll give him another week.

I'd swing Gibcus forward to partner with Jack until Lynch is back. Cumberland in too as he can play tall and is reliable in front of goals.
Castagna should not be getting a game on 2 handballs. Surely, it's time for the match committee to give others a go to see what they can produce.

Ins: Balta, Pickett, Cumberland
Outs: Tarrant, Ross, Castagna

Grimes Balta Broad
Baker Vlastuin Rioli
Pickett Short McIntosh
Bolton Cumberland Graham
Gibcus Riewoldt Martin
Nankervis Cotchin Prestia
I: Edwards, M Rioli, Ralphsmith, Soldo
lynch 4 weeks for a 'minor' hammy g a g f

I think we need to play the kids.

We need to have them primed for our 2023-2026 premiership tilts including future pre-seasons

Hit the draft again hard and we should be roaring next year and beyond while other teams are ailing

Gold Coast and other teams are roaring at the moment and we need to make hay while the sun shines when it comes to the draft and strengthening around our fantastic draftees last year and other great young talent to propel us forward

Absolutely agree with you TI. If they keep going to the well and dragging back the same old, like Aarts, as we did with the likes of Corey Ellis, Connor Menadue, and TV, we can't be fair dinkum. It wasn't until we got rid of those spuds that there was a glimmer of hope. You can't have the same olds letting you down. There is hope this year. All we need is some hard decisions at the selection table, and a fair run with injuries. The season is wide open, and we have shown that we can get into winning positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dimma confirmed no lynch. Balta, Lambert and Pickett likely available
He sort of hinted that Pickett may play VFL due to lack of game time in the past month.

Makes sense I guess, and does give Hugo another opportunity on the wing. I thought he looked really good there against the Swans.

Real danger game Port at the G record not great against them let’s hope boys rectify our lapses , undiscipline , clean up our skills.

Does Tarrant play ? for me no get Miller in and sort out the forward line resting ruckman didn't work.

Balta to play forward / ruck swapping with Nank.

Get Soldo and George out and we are already miles ahead.

People complaining we cant run out a game, it must be hard with 16 players on the field FFS

Back