Autopsy Roast, toast vs Sydney and changes for Port Adelaide in two weeks

Best vs Sydney

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What did everyone make of the game?
We have a week off now before a Thursday night home game against the Pear.
any oppo supporters or groupie giving bogus votes will be given a day off.

Last edited:
Some reasons why we lost:

1 - Stupid free kicks to end the second and third quarters.

2 - Felt like we were on the wrong end of a few 12 point plays - moments where we should have been kicking for goal but have the ball up and the Swans kicked a goal.

3 - Jack Ross.

We got closer than we should have with that team.
Up against it from the start. 100 points with that forward line was good.
* of umps, s**t campaigners.
We’re not here to watch you. And you can’t even get your decisions correct.
Not that we deserved to win though.

Bolton was way down.
Castagna nothing.
Tarrant eek

Let me tell you now Sydney did not win this game we LOST IT

Nankervis gives away a goal in the last 12 secs of the 3rd qtr. terrible clumsy play. Undisciplined

But if I had to point out why we lost the game, Gibcus on buddy cost us, Hardwick that's terrible coaching, being too cute, sorry but you can't put an 8 gamer on buddy who kicked 4 goals on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember last week when Shai couldn't hear the umpire, ran off and kicked a goal and was still paid 50 against him? Turns out that shouldn't have been 50 because he "couldn't hear"

Anyway, umpires aside that second half was disappointing, bombing it long to no one did us no service and the defensive structure didn't look great. Both problems I was expecting with both Lynch and Balta out but we seemed to cope in the first half so that's no excuse.

It shouldn't have come down to the last kick, it's as simple as that. We played what can only be described as two very very DUMB quarters of football.

Handed the Swans the game on the proverbial silver platter.

Just a hypothetical, had we kicked that last ball into the crowd, would they have paid the free, pretty damn sure they would have. Funny how the commentary is that it was a common sense decision, hmmm....common sense hasn't been applied in our case for any similar decisions for a long time.

Some reasons why we lost:

1 - Stupid free kicks to end the second and third quarters.

2 - Felt like we were on the wrong end of a few 12 point plays - moments where we should have been kicking for goal but have the ball up and the Swans kicked a goal.

3 - Jack Ross.

What about our stars in the last quarter? We got it in there heaps and Bolton, Dusty and Jack were awful. Also the 50 Bolton gave away in the 2nd quarter swung momentum bigtime. It could have been all over.

Two mediocre sides pretending to be premiership contenders.

Is that a “Please Discuss”…? I don’t know about Sydney, and I don’t care…But we’re not pretending…

Back