Movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

For those complaining about Chirrut Imwe, how is what he does any different to Luke blindly defending lasers wearing that helmet when he's first practicing with Obi-Wan? Except that he's much more experienced and in tune with the Force compared to Luke in his early stage. Makes perfect sense to me.

Luke, blessed with natural force sensitivity, dodged them using the force while being instructed by a Jedi.

Chimwut claimed to not be a force user and then walked straight and slowly through a battlefield.

Sent from mTalk

For those complaining about Chirrut Imwe, how is what he does any different to Luke blindly defending lasers wearing that helmet when he's first practicing with Obi-Wan? Except that he's much more experienced and in tune with the Force compared to Luke in his early stage. Makes perfect sense to me.
It's not that he's blind, but that he kills hundreds of armored troopers with a stick, and the elite death troopers can't kill him while he's walking thru the battlefield.

The only blind thing that's lame is shooting down a TIE with a sling shot while it's flying at Mach 2

It's not that he's blind, but that he kills hundreds of armored troopers with a stick, and the elite death troopers can't kill him while he's walking thru the battlefield.

The only blind thing that's lame is shooting down a TIE with a sling shot while it's flying at Mach 2

Space ships shouldn't even operate inside an atmosphere, that's why snowspeeders were invented.

Disney unoriginality combined with a desire to play it safe.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

Re-posting here what I said elsewhere....

---------------

I hated Rogue One
. It was a very badly paced movie, first 2/3rds was boring and all over the shop, I was looking around the cinema most of the time, disappointed, not engaged.

That last third of the movie was much more entertaining, i was like a 12 yo boy in a T**ty bar, so excited....tho I was still able to not get over-hyped and realize the "war documentary" aspect I was watching wasn't that great either. But enjoyable to see that in a SW movie.

Everyone was ecstatic about Rogue One's element of War Documentary finally. Something a little different, more gritty. But it still didnt save the movie overall. Nor did that War Documentary aspect of it do something top shelf in itself. When one thinks of "War Documentary" type action scenes in movies, they're not gonna cite R1 in some top 10. Know what I mean?

The ONLY great thing about R1 was the very end, when Darth Vader slayed all those people. That was it! And also, for 2 seconds, the Sad Vader staring at the window of the bridge of his ship, watching the mayhem going on outside. That two seconds of Sad Vader made a huge impression on me. ANYWAY.....I'd rate it probably....

3/10

1 for Sad Vader
1 for Vader carnage
1 for war documentary aspect to it

Yep, loved the film even tho the lame bits hurt its luster.

TFA = pleased
R1 = pleased
Hoping TLJ = much more than pleased, like bat-s**t insane with adoration

I'm with you Kram

I loved Rogue One, but it was the worst thing at the same time. The last third epic battle saved it. And the blind guy was way too cheesy. Not just killing 28 armored stormtroopers with a wooden stick, but also shooting a freakin' TIE fighter down. Kill yourself Gareth Edwards.

o_O :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Last edited:
Luke, blessed with natural force sensitivity, dodged them using the force while being instructed by a Jedi.

Chimwut claimed to not be a force user and then walked straight and slowly through a battlefield.

Sent from mTalk

Faith. He believes in the force, he know he's not force sensitive, and decided in a time of need to put his life in the hands of the force. I don't think he even saw a Jedi in real life.

inb4thatsnothowtheforceworks

I feel like so many are missing the entire point of that scene and what Chirrut is about.

Space ships shouldn't even operate inside an atmosphere, that's why snowspeeders were invented.

Disney unoriginality combined with a desire to play it safe.

Sent from mTalk

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

In a universe of some mystical s**t called the force and faster than light travel and implausible planet sized weapons that violate the laws of physics and energy conservation, and you nitpick on this one.

Sorry when did that happen? o_O you know you can get knocked out by a stick yeah?

I thought it was well established that the storm trooper armour is pretty much useless at actually blocking any attacks and that storm troopers are generally just cannon fodder, so what's the problem with Imwe going "whackity whack whack" on a few hapless storm troopers?

Just a little ;)

Either way, that was one hell of a stick. Perhaps there's a deleted scene to be included in the DVD release where he performs the touch of death on them, right before pouncing with his stick.

VGtK77QzYGyCvH226M822cF9BSk=.gif

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RuleOfCool

In a universe of some mystical s**t called the force and faster than light travel and implausible planet sized weapons that violate the laws of physics and energy conservation, and you nitpick on this one.

There's such a thing as consistency within a pretend universe you know, most of those things aren't inconsistent with what is established. Starkiller base, Rey, Chewie's bowcaster, and the use of space fighters are all sequel trilogy things wildly inconsistent with what was already established.

Sent from mTalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, don't quote TV Tropes to me, I know that site inside out.

What about my crowning moment of awesome in my flick, GG?

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:
There's such a thing as consistency within a pretend universe you know, most of those things aren't inconsistent with what is established. Starkiller base, Rey, Chewie's bowcaster, and the use of space fighters are all sequel trilogy things wildly inconsistent with what was already established.

Sent from mTalk
What about the Tie Fighters in the atmosphere of Bespin in ESB?

Tough one.

It was very high atmosphere and they were still traveling at speed, not like in TFA where they zoom around planet level slower than a spit fighter

Sent from mTalk

You must not like the Rogue Squadron games.

Also, don't quote TV Tropes to me, I know that site inside out.

Yeah, and so do I.

The X-Wings swooping in low over the water was damn cool and complaints that it should've been Snowspeeders are for pedants.

I love them, but they're games and they were games during a time when not everything carrying the Star Wars name was canon.

Sent from mTalk

Who cares about canon or not? It was entertaining and TFA delighted a lot of a casual fans.

Sometimes I think people get too carried away with debating whether it fits in the established canon or EU or whatever. Can't we just enjoy the Star Wars films for what they are instead of retconning Han Solo bragging about 12 parsecs and s**t like that. Some people take this way too seriously and as a consequence even when a pretty good film like Rogue One comes out they complain incessantly about their experience being ruined because Galen Erso wasn't wearing the correct imperial regalia.

/rant

Disney are the ones seeking to canon everything with an iron fist. Take it up with them.

Things were much more free in the Lucas era.

The problem with how things are now is that shitty works of media outside the films are still real in the carefully managed universe. Han Solo has a wife (other then Leia). We used to be able to disregard such things are disposable.

Sent from mTalk

Like I said, who gives a s**t about what is canon or not? As long as it's entertaining and has the Star Wars feel, Han Solo could be related to Jar Jar Binks for all I care. It's Disney's franchise now, they can canon what they want as long as Star Wars is still enjoyable and accessible to casual fans.

We have spaceship battles and the light side vs dark side quandary and some sort of story and I'm good. The obsessions by some fans over canon and retconning and other minor details is baffling.

Sent from mTalk
Ties launch from inside star destroyers, with presumably an atmosphere for the workers in the hangars.
X-wings launch from the ground base on Yavin 4. Rebel ships launch from the ground base on Hoth. Presumably they can all land too. Where's the inconsistency? Just because we haven't seen it before, doesn't mean it can't happen.

What's the issues with Starkiller, Rey and the bowcaster?

It isn't that they can't, it is that is was never practical given they travel at immense space fairing speeds unsuitable for ground support.

I'm not going over Starkiller for everyone's benefit, including my own, and Rey can wait til I'm on a proper keyboard.

The bowcaster never done that style damage before.

Sent from mTalk

have no issue with everything donnie yen did in the movie. he believes in the force and trusted it to guide him and use him as a tool. the force wants balance to be restored the only way for that balance to happen is for yen's character and the rest of the rogue one team to get the plans and get luke in a position to end the emperor and his father. basically killing off the jedi and sith.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back