Movie Rogue One: A Star Wars Story - Spoilers and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Also around the 45 minute mark, Diego's comment on what's relevant with R1 to the current world....

how all these people with nothing in common, and coming from all different background, can come together, put their differences aside, work together and achieve a unified thing, whilst celebrating their differences.

a message one could apply to other things ;)

Also around the 45 minute mark, Diego's comment on what's relevant with R1 to the current world....

how all these people with nothing in common, and coming from all different background, can come together, put their differences aside, work together and achieve a unified thing, whilst celebrating their differences.

a message one could apply to other things ;)
Well that was a massive middle finger to Trump.

I assume Jynn will die. And for that alone she will be liked more and seen as the beginning of 'A New Hope'

I just hope they actually show the death of the rogue one team, and just not 'send them off to Alderan' or something cheap like that. Make Vader brutally kill them all. It will make their sacrifice more heroic.

I assume Jynn will die. And for that alone she will be liked more and seen as the beginning of 'A New Hope'

I just hope they actually show the death of the rogue one team, and just not 'send them off to Alderan' or something cheap like that. Make Vader brutally kill them all. It will make their sacrifice more heroic.

She won't die. Main character dying is too depressing for a Disney PG-13 movie. And while they seem to be running with the line that these 'anthology' movies are all one-offs I think they're full of s**t and some of the characters will be making further appearances.

Last edited:

Imagine at the end you see the team captured and sent to the completed death star awaiting execution....then a few days later Luke Blows up the death star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine at the end you see the team captured and sent to the completed death star awaiting execution....then a few days later Luke Blows up the death star.
Hmm, I only put that slightly better than 'they then go to Alderan'. I doubt that will happen though. They won't want to make Luke like a complete arsehole.

For anyone who watches the show Rebels, they released yet another TV sport called 'ghost' and look what we have here.....

Rogue-One-Rebels-615x242.jpg

Really hoping these pilots in the space battles are those from Yavin (Porkins, Red Leader, Wedge etc). Really looking forward to this film so long as Vader is shown as the merciless bastard he should be. Not..

"My lord, they've landed on the planet."

"Excellent, where?"

"On the beach..where's there's lots of sand."

vader.jpg

No Abrams = :thumbsu:

This is what excites me. No Abrams. I am still angry at what Disney and Abrams did to Star Wars with the piece of trash that became Episode 7. It is easily the worst of all 7 films. Easily. Lets hope Rogue One can restore some respect to the saga. George Lucas hated TFA as did I.

You didn't like TFA?

It was one of the biggest disappoitments of my life. I saw it 4 times in the cinema and each time i would try to convince myself that it was okay. It wasn't.

It wasn't just the total lack of imagination in the story, it was also the lack of imagination in the visuals, the silly coincidences, the idiotic super-weapon, the Mary-Sue main character who has NO flaws and achieves with the force in one film what Luke takes 3 films to achieve.

Han Solo going out like a punk too. Remember the original Independence Day? Remember Randy Quaids character who was a drunk crop-dusting pilot? He was a bit of comic relief but he was also a bit like Han Solo in some ways - a bit of a loner, who does something heroic. He dies in Independence Day by sacrificing himself by flying into the main weapon of one of the ships as it is firing and destroying that ship. By doing this, he effectively saves the planet.

Han should have gone out like that. By making a sacrifice where he somehow dies, but by doing so he saves the day. Instead he goes out in the weakest, most useless way possible. He goes out like a chump and saves no one. This is probably the most iconic hero in movie history and he doesn't die like a hero should.

The good thing about Rogue One is that the creators are hamstring but what they can show, because it all has to lead into Episode IV seamlessly, so hopefully we won't see any of the stupid "creative" decisions that ruined The Force Awakens.

I don't know if it's been said on here yet, but there has been some talk about the lack of an opening crawl.

Kathleen Kennedy has already confirmed it, so it's not a spoiler as such. Just an interesting creative decision, to differentiate these Anthology films from the episodic films. Apparently there will be a prologue instead, with perhaps a time-jump.

http://www.slashfilm.com/no-rogue-one-opening-crawl/

Kathleen Kennedy confirmed to Variety that Rogue One won’t have an opening crawl, saying, “We felt that’s so indicative of what those saga films are. Initially, we probably will begin the film in a way that is traditional, with just the title.”

This is what excites me. No Abrams. I am still angry at what Disney and Abrams did to Star Wars with the piece of trash that became Episode 7. It is easily the worst of all 7 films. Easily. Lets hope Rogue One can restore some respect to the saga. George Lucas hated TFA as did I.
Totally agree. TFA is the worst SW movie. I understand the idea to reboot the universe for a younger generation....the motive....but they were completely wrong to think that, decide that. The story never needed a reboot for a younger generation, because the original trilogy stands the test of time THRU all the new younger generations that got into it.

Totally agree. TFA is the worst SW movie. I understand the idea to reboot the universe for a younger generation....the motive....but they were completely wrong to think that, decide that. The story never needed a reboot for a younger generation, because the original trilogy stands the test of time THRU all the new younger generations that got into it.

I agree mate. They went for a retro movie. Why? The prequels made heaps of money and were wildy financially successful by being DIFFERENT. Star wars didn't need to go back to a reboot to "save" the franchise. The franchise was wildy successful at the time George Lucas sold it.

I think in retrospect, there shouldn't have even BEEN an Episode 7. The saga ends at 6. The six movies show the origin, rise, fall, and eventual redemption of Anakin Skywalker, which is all neatly encapsulated in 6 films. A seventh film doesn't make sense when you think about it.

I like the idea of the Anthology films, as standalone stories. There is no limit on where you can go or what you can do with them. Currently Disney is "filling in the gaps" between the episode films with the standalone films, but I think we will see the standalone films branch out more as time goes on.

As for the episodic films, by all means have more episodic films, but maybe start again at Episode 1 of a NEW Star wars saga set in a different time period, maybe thousands of years in the past or the future. Maybe something exploring the origins of the force or the origins of the Republic itself. We could have episode 1-6 of a new saga set thousands of years before the original saga.

Episodes 7,8, and 9, I will watch and I'll be there for the midnight screening of all of them (just like a will be for Rogue One in Gold Class at midnight in weeks time) but these episodic films are not canon for me. It's Fan-fiction created by Disney.

The George Lucas films are the only films I treat as canon.

I fail to accept StarKiller base as canon.

I fail to accept Han Solo NOT going out like a hero as canon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back