Rolling All Australian Team 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see a heap of Walters inclusions to people's tems hey Virgin Dog. I guess they all just follow the stats sheet. Hahaha.
One might think there's been another game played over the weekend; a game in which Walters played extremely well. Insane how that could mean now including a player in a ROLLING All Australian team, when they previously wouldn't have been.

Or is that a little too much for you to follow?

One might think there's been another game played over the weekend; a game in which Walters played extremely well. Insane how that could mean now including a player in a ROLLING All Australian team, when they previously wouldn't have been.

Or is that a little too much for you to follow?
Wow. Gone from playing average this year to being in the top handfull in his position in 1 week. Well done moron. Jog on. You obviously have no clue.

If Michael Walters played in Victoria he'd have 5 All Australian nominations by now.
Ah yes the Victorian team bias bullshit again

All Australian teams
2019 - 10 non Vic players
2018 - 7 non Vic players
2017 - 12 non Vic players
2016 - 13 non Vic players
2015 - 11 non Vic players
2014 - 13 non Vic players
2013 - 9 non Vic players
2012 - 10 non Vic players

yeah no interstate players get a look in.............

FB: Andrews Daniel Shepard
CHB: Haynes Moore Docherty
C: McLuggage Rowell Menagola
CHF: Wingard Hawkins Dangerfield
FF: Papley Cameron Greene
Ruck: Goldstein Neale Fyfe

Int: Boak Cripps Petracca Walters

Surely Cripps and Fyfe would be no where near the team.

Ah yes the Victorian team bias bullshit again

All Australian teams
2019 - 10 non Vic players
2018 - 7 non Vic players
2017 - 12 non Vic players
2016 - 13 non Vic players
2015 - 11 non Vic players
2014 - 13 non Vic players
2013 - 9 non Vic players
2012 - 10 non Vic players

yeah no interstate players get a look in.............
Oh goodie I can use stats too.
In 2013 we made a grand final and had 1 player in the AA team.
In 2014 we finished fourth and had 2 palyers in the AA team.
In 2015 we were minor premiers and had 1 player in the AA team. (Richmond finished 5th and had 3)
Guys like stringer, rockcliffe, heppell, matthew boyd and shaun higgins all got picked before Walters. Don't even get me started on Joel Selwood - who was pretty much penciled in regardless of form.

Mate I lived in Melbourne for 4 years. Apart from Nat Fyfe and to a lesser extent Ross Lyon, Freo are a complete irrelevance to Victorians.

In 2015 we were minor premiers and had 1 player in the AA team. (Richmond finished 5th and had 3)
Guys like stringer, rockcliffe, heppell, matthew boyd and shaun higgins all got picked before Walters. Don't even get me started on Joel Selwood - who was pretty much penciled in regardless of form.

Mate I lived in Melbourne for 4 years. Apart from Nat Fyfe and to a lesser extent Ross Lyon, Freo are a complete irrelevance to Victorians.

They just need to be better I guess.

They just need to be better I guess.
that is true Ricky, but I can't stand this whole "there is no vic bias" argument.
If you live in Melbourne and don't support a Melbourne team, you hardly get a look in.
I don't particularly mind it, but why don't people just own it.

that is true Ricky, but I can't stand this whole "there is no vic bias" argument.
If you live in Melbourne and don't support a Melbourne team, you hardly get a look in.
I don't particularly mind it, but why don't people just own it.

From the media? 100% true
Representation in awards such as AA and rising star? No evidence of Vic Bias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the media? 100% true
Representation in awards such as AA and rising star? No evidence of Vic Bias.
If anything the RS has a first year bias. To win it when not in your first season you need to have a season like Hogan where he kicked 40+.

Maybeb after Pav retired and Sandi became injury plagued. Pavlich was my favourite non blues player for awhile.

FB: Andrews Daniel Shepard
CHB: Haynes Moore Docherty
C: McLuggage Rowell Menagola
CHF: Wingard Hawkins Dangerfield
FF: Papley Cameron Greene
Ruck: Goldstein Neale Fyfe

Int: Boak Cripps Petracca Walters
Whens the last time we had 3 ruckmen this good?

Goldstein back to his best.

Gawn and Grundy also top 5 all time rucks.

Then there's NicNat too who if fully fit is as good as any of them.

2013 (2nd in the brownlow) and 14 (=4th in the brownlow) were arguably Selwood's best years, probably why he was also captain in those years. 2015 not so much, hence why he never made the team.

And you reckon there is no correlation between media coverage (ie awareness) and AA selections done by those who rely on that on a daily basis?

As 00Stinger posted, there does not appear to be much difference between the distribution of AA players and whether they were a Victorian or non-Victorian player (bear in mind a bit less than half of all clubs are non-Victorian, and it appears about slightly less than half of the AA selections are non-Victorian).

The Rising Star is also at a similar percentage - of the 27 awarded so far, 14 were non-Victorian based players.

2013 (2nd in the brownlow) and 14 (=4th in the brownlow) were arguably Selwood's best years, probably why he was also captain in those years. 2015 not so much, hence why he never made the team.
I agree he should have been in there in 2013, borderline 2014 - but fair enough. Definitely not 2016 and 2017.

I know it is going back a while but Collingwood made the grand final in 2002 and didn't have anybody in the AA team

And they are arguably the biggest Victorian club too........probably Vic bias again I suppose

Last edited:
As 00Stinger posted, there does not appear to be much difference between the distribution of AA players and whether they were a Victorian or non-Victorian player (bear in mind a bit less than half of all clubs are non-Victorian, and it appears about slightly less than half of the AA selections are non-Victorian).

The Rising Star is also at a similar percentage - of the 27 awarded so far, 14 were non-Victorian based players.
Exactly, it's not as if the awards are selected by only 4 Victorian judges. All of these awards are voted on by a mix of judges from different states (the quality of those judges is a different argument)

Interstate teams do get their share of media coverage in Victoria, to say otherwise is bullshit. Do they get as much as the big Victorian clubs? probably not but barracking for a smaller Victorian team I can tell you that there are plenty of times when the Eagles or another of the top interstate clubs get just as much if not more coverage than my team. Ditto the Bulldogs, St Kilda and North (who get very little as it is)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back