Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You made coffee come out of my nose, bloody funny.
I'd rather that than have egg on my face, like all of the posters who were certain he was leaving ... :D
You can hardly blame posters for being pessimistic after what's happened in the last 5 years. I was resigned to players leaving after the Tippett fiasco so this is a welcome surprise.

A high profile and quality Vic player stays?

festivusmiracle.jpg

Someone get the aluminium pole out, let's get some feats of strength happening..

frank-pole.jpg

IMO a terrific outcome for your club. Sloane is a model citizen and this kind of signing will be symbolic in keeping the players you want and as you target all those 18 year olds .

Make no mistake, you guys are still in the window. 2018 has been s**t but a a bit of luck and 2019 should be a very good year.
If you trade pick 1 it may well be a good year for both.

Great to hear Rory speak openly about how much he and Belinda love Adelaide
Plenty of media opportunities for her here too. Hopefully she can replace the weird weather guy on channel 7.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What it also shows you, alongside Martin, Wines and Kelly, is that we are going to have to get used to holding our fire when a big signing is to be made.

I predicted what I'd read if I went over to the scum board. Dropped in for a quick squiz to see the reaction to a bit of good crows news. Exactly as I suspected. Ha ha ha ha what a collection of losers.

Of course they were going to do that

They need to put a negative spin on anything to do with the Crows for their own mental well being.

Deep down though we all know that they're collectively hating the fact that Sloane re-signed and are now just throwing rubbish out there like "LOL five years" or "no draft picks" in a desperate attempt at damage control.

How stoked was Gibbsy?!

Midfield for next year:

Sloane
Crouch
Crouch
Gibbs
Greenwood

Just need to add some pace and yep!!!
I was looking at the Govs reaction...he did have a smile and was clapping his hands but he wasnt as enthusiastic as Gibbs or Betts or Sauce. Some guys were genuinely estactic that Sloany was staying.

If you trade pick 1 it may well be a good year for both.
Haha.

I have no issue with trading pick 1 but any list manager who trades out his highest pick for lower picks or players (or a combination of both) needs to be very VERY brave.

We tried it with trading pick 7 for Jaksch and a lower pick and Melb must cry thinking they could have had Kelly instead of Salem and Tyson.

Anyway. The good news for us is we have nobody left for you guys to take from CFC!!

Back