Player Watch Rory Sloane - Re-Signed for 2024

Should Rory Sloane retire or play on in 2024?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus Christ. 5 years!? That's 2 years too many imo. Still probably worth it just to stick it up the Victorians I guess.

Sloane is the one guy I’d be happy to pay overs to and give an extra year. He’s pretty much the face of this franchise now

Thought he was gawwnnnn!
Glad to have him, fantastic club man heart and soul type player.
Looking forward to more of this

2b565ac98c9d86aa48a0b71af0121569.jpeg

Loved the way he got straight back up

Walsh did say the Texan got the captaincy over Sloane because there's no I in team.

Walker will stay captain until his hall of fame nomination into team of last century

This Caro hate for someone sharing her opinion is just a tad insane.

She never said “he’s gone, I have information confirming he’s gone”

She was one of the few that never jumped on the he has gone train until last week. She really isn't one of those journalists interested in player movement speculation and rumours. Her focus is more club and AFL management these days. Which I think is refreshing from the wannabe ambulance chaser footy journos.

And a lot of those players are on long contracts.

Sloane - contracted until 33
Jenkins - contracted until 32
Gibbs - contracted until 32
Tex - contracted until 31
Lynch - contracted until 31
Jacobs - (only) contracted until 30
Betts - contracted until 34

We really will be fielding a Dad's Army in 2021.

Don't startup with your negativity. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:Given our history over the last 5-7 years this signing is more than just about the player and club. It's about culture and lifting the hope and moral of the supporterbase. It's massive.

We owe Rory a premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always had the faith, and the Intel.

Don't startup with your negativity. :drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk:Given our history over the last 5-7 years this signing is more than just about the player and club. It's about culture and lifting the hope and moral of the supporterbase. It's massive.

We owe Rory a premiership.
This.

Keep Gov around, draft Rankine and get someone competent to run the fitness program and have another crack

And a lot of those players are on long contracts.

Sloane - contracted until 33
Jenkins - contracted until 32
Gibbs - contracted until 32
Tex - contracted until 31
Lynch - contracted until 31
Jacobs - (only) contracted until 30
Betts - contracted until 34

We really will be fielding a Dad's Army in 2021.

I suspect 2 to 3 of those players will be retired by then. but we are in a premiership zone. You cant keep fielding youth year after year too scared to commit to a tilt at a premiership.

Geez they kept this quiet.

Very good scandal reductIon policy

Protecting thier most previous commodity.

These soughts of issues do effect morale. We all look for signs players are leaving(or staying)

After all those who said Sloane is going. The next time a scenario like this comes up. It won't be so graphic.

Good coup by the club. A little bit surprised by 5 years which will take him to 33. Just hope he gets over his foot injuries asap and he has a best and fairest year in 2019. Hope the club can now get some young local talent in the door through the draft as it is critical for the ultimate success.

Absolutely brilliant news :thumbsu: Sloane is the heart and soul of the club and we needed his signing as much as any other in recent memory.

I love the five years personally. Now we don't have to worry about it in a few years time. No unrestricted free agency conversations, no questions about him finishing his career elsewhere. He's a Crow for life, and what a ******* gun he is :thumbsu:

Hope the club is doing everything possible (and legal...) to support Belinda as well. Cheers for letting us have your husband around for five more years :thumbsu:

Now let's go and win some premierships together Sloaney!

Great news for you guys.

The subsequent shade people are going to throw at supporters and the team is meaningless. You guys have kept one you wanted to and that is all that matters.

Congratulations again!
That's easily the best Port poster's avatar name on big footy:thumbsu:

Back