It's Happening Ross Lyon is Back to Coach St Kilda - Presser Link in OP

Where will Stkilda finish in 2023

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol go have a rest. You've been in fairyland maybe give us the lottery numbers.The only side you mentioned who we're elite and unstoppable we're the Lions. 3 flags in the space of 5 years and back to back says it all , you herd of the term defence wins you championships I don't care what style my coach plays as long as it delivers flags.

As for Lyon has he changed the fantastic match day coach, but poor development coach
Nothing personal towards Richmond fans. Richmond didn't cheat. They won the 2017, 2019 and 2020 flags fairly due to either a non Vic side being horrible or injurie ridded (2017 and 2019) or the opponent didn't play 4 quarters of consistent footy (2020).

The great myth was that Ross Lyon never played youth. That is wrong.

Cam Sutcliffe and Lachie Neale played in the 2013 AFL Grand final.

I assumed you believe the myth that the 6-6-6 rule the AFL brought in to stop Richmond right?

Incorrect

I have only judged Ross Lyon on his won and loss record.

Us humble Freo and your fellow humble saints fans can judge Ross Lyon off field behaviour in various ways lol.

I can't wait for round 1 of next season
Bring it on!

You’re going to get Sharmaned again!

spank wwe raw GIF

I wonder if you thought the same thing when he left...
Probably not. I hated Lyon for many years. But , it's now 11 years, I had to get over it, he is the coach.

Onwards and upwards now. At least this year will be interesting. I was so so disappointed ithis year how the Saints played.

Ross Lyon left St Kilda and had no success with the Dockers.
Now he's back with the Saints to try again for that elusive flag.
I have no problem with Ross. He got sacked by the Dockers and had nowhere else to go.

Harsh you said freo had no success under Ross Lyon as coach.

Made a grand final in 2013 and won a minor premiership in 2015. Better than nothing.

Won 4 finals from 2012-15. Loved that elim final win vs the cats at the MCG in 2012. I loved that qulaifying final win vs the cats in Geelong in 2013 and the prelim final vs the swans 2 weeks later. Gutted with the grand final result.

Saying that, I will always savour every final under ross Lyon at freo.

How can anyone say Ross Lyon had no success at Freo

Took over a club that made finals 3 times in their first 17 years, and had them top 4 for several years. Including going within 15 points of a premiership against a Melbourne club with more talent on their list.

Ultimately you measure success by Premierships in AFL. No prizes for second so to say hes never had the ultimate success is accurate. To say hes never had "success" is subjective but also not technically wrong.

Ross has taken the two teams hes coached within a couple of kicks (or a bad bounce) of 3 flags but also came away with 0.

Ultimately you measure success by Premierships in AFL. No prizes for second so to say hes never had the ultimate success is accurate. To say hes never had "success" is subjective but also not technically wrong.

Ross has taken the two teams hes coached within a couple of kicks (or a bad bounce) of 3 flags but also came away with 0.

It’s ridiculous if people use that as a measure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back