News Ross the Boss

Remove this Banner Ad

But Fyfe hasn't been.

Bang, straight back to the middle for Pav.

Says you.

You know I can't see why I'm crucified as supposedly having a vendetta against Lyon for trying to discourage people from getting ahead of themselves when the Harvey bashing continues unabated.

If Pav had better delivery he could have kicked a few more. Too many kicks over his head that gave the defender an easy spoil. Hill didn't get enough of it nor Mundy in clear space. Lets face it, without Fyfe we are too easy to stop, not enough damaging onballers.

Yes but with the Crows basically playing two guys on Pavlich there had to be a different structure up forward, (I mean what happens when Pavlich retires in 5 years time :),) sometimes the ball must go elsewhere. But in saying that we were beaten in the middle and that's where things needed to change

This.. you can have all the structures you want, but if your ball use is cod ordinary it isnt going to mean much.. our kicking which has been a feature regularly deserted everyone.. either direct turnovers or kicking not to advantage.

Also we have too many players who lack ball class.. we only have 3-4 players who i would call always one grab/touch players.. too much workmanlike cogs without the enough of the cream to get it done

The skills were down all day but with 15 minutes to go we were still only 14 points down so yes structures are everything, ball use is a massive advantage but if you have no structure then you are just waiting for the inevitable.

Anyone who continues to believe that this appointment was the wrong move by the club really needs their head read.

Yes, it is speculation, but I don't believe that Harvey could have manufactured this win. Even with Pavlich in the side. (as a midfielder, no doubt).

Best move by Freo eva!!

Yup - pass mark

Could have tanked this game but took it on - anytime, anywhere - love it

yep - he doesn't compromise anything for total endeavour in every quarter of every game - that is a champion attitude

Anyone who continues to believe that this appointment was the wrong move by the club really needs their head read.

Yes, it is speculation, but I don't believe that Harvey could have manufactured this win. Even with Pavlich in the side. (as a midfielder, no doubt).

Best move by Freo eva!!

And if we could just stop bringing Harvey into the conversation every time, we could all move forward.

Best coach in the comp. My Carlton mates are green with envy.[he was an assistant there once] The 2 steves & Bondy got it right. Harves good bloke but could not acheive this with Fyfe & sandi out most of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The comparison is relevant given the shitstorm at the time of his appointment.

Finals were regarded as the passmark.

Well here we are today!

Yes, the passmark has been achieved and greater results are within reach, well done Ross. Let's leave all the other rubbish in the historical dustbin.

Bang. Thats a massive statement heading into the finals. Took the first 11 rounds or so to get the game plan instilled with a few important wins in that time. After the break, the game plan is now instinctive with the team having the 2nd best points against (1651 pts), whilst gathering a 7-1 run home. Huge pass mark in my opinion.

Another great insight into Ross the Boss and how his uncompromising approach is such a breath of fresh air. Why did Harvs and Connolly never take this approach with guys like Ibbo...

Ibbotson, who will play his 100th AFL game against Melbourne on Saturday, was dropped after Fremantle’s loss to Hawthorn in Launceston this season and sat out the season’s first derby.
Earlier this week teammate David Mundy labelled Ibbotson a player of exceptional physical ability who had occasionally lapsed in his application.
Ibbotson said missing the derby had helped him overcome that trait and he still reminds himself of it now.
“I missed a game earlier in the season,” he said. “Ross said to me he thought I could give more than I was.”[/QUOTE]

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/14699301/ibbotson-recalls-pain-of-being-dropped/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back