Game Day Round 1, 2017: Essendon v Hawthorn, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First game day of the season is upon us with a match against an old foe.

Let's celebrate the return to football of Jarryd Roughead.

Carn Hawkies!

Game day and i still dislike these Scum more than anything. From Sheedy and his accusations against hawthorn but more importantly, questioning the integrity of Yabby Jeans.
The only good thing out of this mob was the big fish Paul Salmon, who they use to boo when he played for them. They even forgot a banner for his 200th game so made one for his 201st. Thats pathetic.
God i hope we smash this filth.

Finally its game day, feels like I've been waiting a lifetime for the season to roll around. :p:D
Absolutely thrilled for Roughy's return tonight, all the best big fella.
Looking forward to seeing how O'Meara, Mitchell, Vickery and Henderson go aswell, exciting times ahead.
Smash em boys!
Go Hawks!!!

Last edited:
New look team in many respects - JOM, TOM, TV and we are getting Rough back - 'ken awesome

Talls and contested footy is what we lacked last year. Might take time to gell but the recruiters have been bang on

Meanwhile our best assets from last year are stil there - our incredible small forwards, Gunner and Izzy Smith

Hope Gibbo and Birch are back to their best. If they are the Bombers will be CRUSHED tonight

Duryea and Langers need good games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Must win. No ifs or buts. We cannot start with any complacency or it will be a grind. Scum will be primed but we have the better side and should win comfortably.

Hoping for strong showings from Mitchell, JOM, Henson and Ty in their first games for the club.

Cyril to light up the G.

Can't wait to be at the ground, wish there was a portal I could go through though that gets me there and back, my 6 month old has decided the day starts at 4.30 am the last couple of weeks, little campaigner :D

First game back but, roughheads return...and as captain, hopefully put the Don's back in their box. Go Hawks!

I'm stoked to be heading to the ground to watch the big Rough lead the team out tonight.

I'm also keen to see how our new mid-field goes.

We'll be up against a foe who will be all primed up and playing as if it's a grand final. I'm not confident, but hopeful we can pull it off.
You should be confident Argy, nearly half their team haven't played AFL for over a year; reckon they will run out of legs in the second half. I am keen to see our new mid field too as well as the Rough, but would really be even happier if Burton and Stewart were in the side for Sic and Hartung.

New look team in many respects - JOM, TOM, TV and we are getting Rough back - 'ken awesome

Talls and contested footy is what we lacked last year. Might take time to gell but the recruiters have been bang on

Meanwhile our best assets from last year are stil there - our incredible small forwards, Gunner and Izzy Smith

Hope Gibbo and Birch are back to their best. If they are the Bombers will be CRUSHED tonight

Duryea and Langers need good games
Just hope the big bodied Brand is back ASAP as we are really too small over all down in defence.

Can't wait to be at the ground, wish there was a portal I could go through though that gets me there and back, my 6 month old has decided the day starts at 4.30 am the last couple of weeks, little campaigner :D

First game back but, roughheads return...and as captain, hopefully put the Don's back in their box. Go Hawks!
Appalling that you call your kids little campaigners on this board....

(But mine are f**ken campaigners this morning)

Footy is definitely back, got that nervous feeling only game day brings. If Rough slots the first I will actually shed tears I think. Matter of fact when he kicks his first at any point in the game I will.

LETS GO HAWKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back