Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you're forgetting that the club used a death grip to prise Dean Gore from a Geelong who were desperate to retain him, and who would really replace the Dangerfield value.

That's what the club told us, and they're always up front.

How could I forget. We actually threw in an additional draft pick to get the Gore heist over the line.

Let that sink in… we sweetened the pot to get Dean Gore thrown in

He had one season where he didn’t under perform so yes overall an under performer . Having 2 years out now makes it even harder for him to ever perform to a level expected

Some very good players have lessened their output after 2 years out and struggled so I agree we shouldn’t expect too much from him , just a bonus if he comes off

I’d be playing him at half back but he’s not a guarantee best 22 , half back is where he had his only consistent season up to the level we expected

Fair

I think of half back flank as being a bit like the designated hitter in baseball.

The DH is for a player who doesn’t have to field, who isn’t good enough to do anything but just hit.

It’s therefore the easiest spot in the lineup, but not everyone can be DH. Some people actually have to do the hard work

Fair

I think of half back flank as being a bit like the designated hitter in baseball.

The DH is for a player who doesn’t have to field, who isn’t good enough to do anything but just hit.

It’s therefore the easiest spot in the lineup, but not everyone can be DH. Some people actually have to do the hard work
Yep - Definitely the easiest position so thats where I’d play him for 1-2 years after he’s had 2 years out to see if he can get his body right and confidence up

Seems a long shot to be a star from here given what’s happened , would be a nice bonus

What does the trial match tell us about our team for Round one?

1) It wasn’t as much fun watching the Kids as we might have hoped. Our “boys” were tossed around like rag dolls.

Brisbane played 18 players with 50+ games, we played FIVE! The bad news is that we only have thirteen 50+ game players in our squad. Walker, Seedsman, Milera and Murphy will miss round one, so we really, really need Doedee, Smith, Dawson and Sloane to join Brown, ROB, Laird, Keays and Crouch.

2) Our two key defenders were well beaten. Butts and Murray had a lot of ball coming at them but struggled in the one-on-ones. Big Billy?????

3) Running our Kids through the midfield had the predictable results but imho there were some positive signs from the Bruise Brothers. (Harry is already a first choice inside mid).

4) Our front 6/7 are very, very inexperienced without Tex.

I suspect that Poort Pear will be building up for their back to back to back March Flag on Saturday so it could get ugly. Not surprisingly Freo go into Round One as solid favourites.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It basically counteracts us gaining Dawson which wasn’t the idea at all ! A huge shame if he doesn’t come good

Yes and no. Certainly short term performance is impacted, but does it open up a spot for a player who may actually be around next time we play finals? Seedman's past 30, body as a whole has never been particularly reliable. As good as he was last year, Seedman's in the side to help with short term competitiveness, potentially at the expense of getting experience into a younger player.

Seedsman out opens up a spot for a Sholl, Milera, Hinge or Hamill whom might otherwise been stuck on the fringe.

Hinge for me, we need his strong body badly.

Yeah, I think that's a good suggestion. Whilst it is nice to have that tradition very "outside" winger, in the modern day game, its often better to have some versatility through the wings. Having someone who can play somewhat tall in defense, but is also has a strong contested game is quite beneficial.

I also expect we may see Sloane rotating through the wings a bit more to allow Schoenberg and co greater opportunity.

Yes and no. Certainly short term performance is impacted, but does it open up a spot for a player who may actually be around next time we play finals? Seedman's past 30, body as a whole has never been particularly reliable. As good as he was last year, Seedman's in the side to help with short term competitiveness, potentially at the expense of getting experience into a younger player.

Seedsman out opens up a spot for a Sholl, Milera, Hinge or Hamill whom might otherwise been stuck on the fringe.
Yep can’t argue with that as long as people see it’s going to be tough for us to improve on last season early days given Tex and Seed were almost in our top 3 best players last year

But yes long term it’s no issue and gives opportunities

Exactly how much of Mitch Hinge's football right back to U18's and NEAFL have you actually watched? I'm tipping very little?
My Aunty/Uncle/cousins live in Mundulla are best friends with the Hinge family... but hey I'm sure your opinion counts more.

He can play midfield, bit imo more suited to defence. Is an upgrade on Kelly.

My Aunty/Uncle/cousins live in Mundulla are best friends with the Hinge family... but hey I'm sure your opinion counts more.

Yeah it probably does, I don't live in Mundalla or know his family but I've watched a fair lump of his U18's Carnival and watched almost every game he's played for the Lions NEAFL team because several of the local Rebels lads were playing in the same team especially Tom Berry so I have a pretty fair handle on his footballing capabilities.

Yeah it probably does, I don't live in Mundalla or know his family but I've watched a fair lump of his U18's Carnival and watched almost every game he's played for the Lions NEAFL team because several of the local Rebels lads were playing in the same team especially Tom Berry so I have a pretty fair handle on his footballing capabilities.
Well time will tell... but imo he is more suited at AFL as a defender.

We have better options as outside midfielders.

Could we use him as a run with inside midfielder. Perhaps that's an option, but unlikely we would play him in that role.

I see him as likely on the wing , particularly if Seedsman isn’t playing . Will also allow Dawson to go in centre square at times

A big body around the ball even if he will play predominantly outside . Looks like he’s physically developed and ready to compete but is a natural outside player with his kick and carry

Can’t see him replacing a shut down defender like Kelly , not his go

Back