Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think I've read anywhere that the club thinks the rebuild is done??

Nicks is 2 years into the job, he would know it's not done yet
Roo and Jameson have gone on record saying that they now expect us to push up the ladder and that there are no excuses.
They think we have completed the rebuild. Unfortunately, I think we blinked at the critical point.

Unless we get lucky and happen to pick up the drafts best mid at pick 6 over the next few drafts, we are going to be short of the talent required to win a flag.

Roo and Jameson have gone on record saying that they now expect us to push up the ladder and that there are no excuses.
They think we have completed the rebuild. Unfortunately, I think we blinked at the critical point.

Unless we get lucky and happen to pick up the drafts best mid at pick 6 over the next few drafts, we are going to be short of the talent required to win a flag.

They both could be in for a shock then, I have us anywhere between 4-10 wins this year, we are going to need a bit of luck in the close games to get up to the 10 game mark. Think the club is rubbing itself a tad if it thinks we are challenging for a spot in the eight this year...and we'd be lucky to manage it next.

They should listen to famous coach Micky Goldmill..."Down, Down, stay down"

I think the club has drastically overrated the rebuild. We think the job is done and are on our way to finals and grand finals over the next 5 years. The truth is, we aren't. With what we have right now, we will max out in the bottom of the 8. We need an elite midfield, and we simply don't have one.
I love Rachele, but JHF was the one we had to get.
When Triggy agrees with you, time to think about your take on an issue. I think the line "it's never as bad as it seems or as good as it seems" come into play here. I don't think anyone with any understanding thinks the re-build is over, but neither do I think we are going to do a Carlton and sit bottoming out for years. We cut hard, we added youth, now we work with what we have, get games into the kids, identify the holes and look to trade in the "Missing Pieces" to take a term from our opponents down the road. What gets said in the media is about bums on seats, I don't think for a minute that behind closed doors they think that "the job is Done".

Well there you go, Jammo is a nuffie, and I reckon Roo is trying to please the masses. I mean theres a large portion of the supporter base who didnt believe we need to have it.

Their opinions dont really matter, if our coaches believe it isnt done thats what matters

I am a regular Big Footy contributor. We have the worst midfield in the league. All our players our short people. We need some big bodies. All our players are too slow. We need some smaller faster players. Fog is the worst player in the league. Himmelberg shouldn’t even be playing SANFL. Keays can’t kick. Laird can’t kick. Sloane is too old. Tex is not the answer. Tex is out so we can’t win. And don’t get me started on why we kept playing Mackay.
Now I will start a ten page argument with someone about what they said three years ago. And I will call them a numpty.
Whinge whinge whinge whinge.
That's the spirit. ;)

I don't think I've read anywhere that the club thinks the rebuild is done??

Nicks is 2 years into the job, he would know it's not done yet
Jameson gives off vibes that finals aren’t too far away, and it’s doubtful he’s the only one.
We have to be careful not to rush to the end.

Jameson gives off vibes that finals aren’t too far away, and it’s doubtful he’s the only one.
We have to be careful not to rush to the end.
He wouldnt be, but as long as the people that matter know where we sit, im comfortable

When did roo say it?

I have preached a mantra for years following all sides rebuilding...You must nail your first round picks. I look at ours. My glass half full life view is severely, severely, severely tested. It is going to be a very, very long road.

I'm struggling to see where we are separating ourselves from other rebuilding clubs or even the competing clubs that will find ways to stay up.

The areas that you might be able to get ahead -

Drafting - we seem below average to me
Development - guess it is hard to tell where drafting ends and this starts, not sure I've seen much to suggest we are elite in this area
More access to high draft picks - would not have thought this is the case compared to North, GC, Carlton

More young players on the list - maybe? We have a very young list, quantity more than quality?
Better senior players to lead and teach - maybe more than North, Carlton, GC, Walker incident a real hit to this

Better coaches/game plan - Not sure about that one
Players fitting into a game plan better than others like Hawks getting left footers, Richmond small pressure forwards - haven't seen much for this

Trading/Free Agency - Dawson a good start
Keeping important players - our history does not fill me with hope

Important players having their best seasons around the same time - where is the core? If someone like Dawson is a part then players drafted a couple of years from now might be hitting their peak when he might well be past his, do we maximise picks in the next draft if we see Dawson as a key plank in a flag push?

Luck - Our core young players have avoided long term injuries, had bad luck with Stengle who I wish we had kept, also had bad luck in losing a recent B&F winner in Crouch for pretty poor compensation

One thing we do have over other rebuilding clubs is the wins over top sides last year, why were we able to do that when others weren't and how much of that why is a good indicator for a successful rebuild?

Is it just me, or does nobody really care all that much anymore?

The board has never been thus quiet a few days before the opener, and I can barely be arsed to make sure I even watch

Has covid, AFL admin, other (?) sucked all the joy out of it, or is it just me?

100% agree. Usually this forum is abuzz 4 days before our first game.

Not sure what it is. Maybe because we have been so s**t for 2 years and likely a 3rd year?

This is likely for optics, I doubt they actually think the rebuild is "done".

B Doedee Butts Brown
HB Smith Murray Jones
C Dawson Crouch Sholl
HF McHenry Fogarty Sloane
F Rachele Thilthorpe McAdam
FOLL: O’Brien Keayes Schoenberg
INTER: Cook, Berry, Himmleberg, Hinge
Sub: Worrell

This is likely for optics, I doubt they actually think the rebuild is "done".
I'm sure they don't think that we are winning finals this year, but I'm also confident they think the hard part at the bottom of the ladder is finished and we have the talent to move up.
I don't think we have the ELITE talent required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The board has never been thus quiet a few days before the opener, and I can barely be arsed to make sure I even watch

I think once they hit the ground and show us what we are in for it might sway everyone either up or down pretty quickly.

Always nice to see how much of the pre-season is bluff and how much is actually delivering.

Either way, it will be noticeable pretty early in the season.

Source please...

Think you've added a nice big dollop of mayo there.

Dawson progressing well, just needs to get through main training tomorrow to be considered for selection. McAdam ruled out. Hinge will be good to go.

He'll play

Not gonna lie I've been depressed since the final siren at the G 2017 grandfinal, a part of me died that day, I don't think I'll ever get it back, I certainly don't love the game as much, I find it easier to watch teams where I don't care about the result. Throw in global pandemic, work being a sh*t show, the threat or war on the horizon, inflation, the absolutely inept federal government. Something it's hard to look forward to a future when you don't really see a good one for yourself.

It's an interesting observation one that I would like more opinions on - everyone I speak to lately hate their jobs...is it because our jobs have been a bigger focus during covid [less social functions, no OS holidays, limited travel etc.} interesting that gambling has gone through the roof including an unheard of increase in purchase of Lotto tickets but overall is there an increase in job dissatisfaction?

Geez I know I'm depressed every Sunday morning when I check my ticket - $11.53 isn't going to let me retire.

It's an interesting observation one that I would like more opinions on - everyone I speak to lately hate their jobs...is it because our jobs have been a bigger focus during covid [less social functions, no OS holidays, limited travel etc.} interesting that gambling has gone through the roof including an unheard of increase in purchase of Lotto tickets but overall is there an increase in job dissatisfaction?

Geez I know I'm depressed every Sunday morning when I check my ticket - $11.53 isn't going to let me retire.

I'm not minding my job, but in saying that I've only been in my current role since Jan last year so still in that honeymoon period, what is pissing me off is we have been WFH all year so far with no signs of being allowed back on site. That's driving me crazy.

I am a regular Big Footy contributor. We have the worst midfield in the league. All our players our short people. We need some big bodies. All our players are too slow. We need some smaller faster players. Fog is the worst player in the league. Himmelberg shouldn’t even be playing SANFL. Keays can’t kick. Laird can’t kick. Sloane is too old. Tex is not the answer. Tex is out so we can’t win. And don’t get me started on why we kept playing Mackay.
Now I will start a ten page argument with someone about what they said three years ago. And I will call them a numpty.
Whinge whinge whinge whinge.

One of the main reasons I barely post here these days. If I want to watch rinse and repeat, I'll switch on my washing machine.

2 free unseated tickets to western stand available folks. Just PM me.

Back