Preview Round 1 2022 - Adelaide vs Fremantle, March 20, 2022

How many wins for the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb’s height is the only reason he’s still on a list being paid $750K a year.

It’s the Gorringe Effect to the max.
Nothing rhymes with Lobb?

I am a regular Big Footy contributor. We have the worst midfield in the league. All our players our short people. We need some big bodies. All our players are too slow. We need some smaller faster players. Fog is the worst player in the league. Himmelberg shouldn’t even be playing SANFL. Keays can’t kick. Laird can’t kick. Sloane is too old. Tex is not the answer. Tex is out so we can’t win. And don’t get me started on why we kept playing Mackay.
Now I will start a ten page argument with someone about what they said three years ago. And I will call them a numpty.
Whinge whinge whinge whinge.

Is it just me, or does nobody really care all that much anymore?

The board has never been thus quiet a few days before the opener, and I can barely be arsed to make sure I even watch

Has covid, AFL admin, other (?) sucked all the joy out of it, or is it just me?

Yes but as soon as the first bounce happens I'll be an absolute fiend for it.

I am a regular Big Footy contributor. We have the worst midfield in the league. All our players our short people. We need some big bodies. All our players are too slow. We need some smaller faster players. Fog is the worst player in the league. Himmelberg shouldn’t even be playing SANFL. Keays can’t kick. Laird can’t kick. Sloane is too old. Tex is not the answer. Tex is out so we can’t win. And don’t get me started on why we kept playing Mackay.
Now I will start a ten page argument with someone about what they said three years ago. And I will call them a numpty.
Sounds like you need a hug

The board has never been thus quiet a few days before the opener, and I can barely be arsed to make sure I even watch

Not just you. I haven't even bothered confirming which day we are playing yet.

I think it's a bit from every bucket. One underestimated factor is that the covid season of 2020 frayed a few threads of connection between the clubs and supporters. There was something about the footy people decamping to Queensland while we were all locked down that made people realise that the competition was ultimately primarily a vehicle to produce televised content, and supporters were not all that crucial.

Talking to a few mates in the last few months, the lack of obsessive interest (that used to be there) has waned regardless of which club people barrack for.

Not just you. I haven't even bothered confirming which day we are playing yet.

I think it's a bit from every bucket. One underestimated factor is that the covid season of 2020 frayed a few threads of connection between the clubs and supporters. There was something about the footy people decamping to Queensland while we were all locked down that made people realise that the competition was ultimately primarily a vehicle to produce televised content, and supporters were not all that crucial.

Talking to a few mates in the last few months, the lack of obsessive interest (that used to be there) has waned regardless of which club people barrack for.
Yeh I'm finding the same. I think the AFL have out-AFL'ed themselves and made the game into the WWE. People are a bit sick of how manipulated everything is.

Yeh I'm finding the same. I think the AFL have out-AFL'ed themselves and made the game into the WWE. People are a bit sick of how manipulated everything is.

The complaining about the standard of umpiring has significantly increased each year and the AFL has done zero to address it. It's definitely wearing down supporters and fans

Apologies for intrusion, has Jordan Dawson kicked a footy in a scratchie recently? I know he missed AAMI, but I think you boys have had at least one intra since then? Any report I can read up on if he did play. TIA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have preached a mantra for years following all sides rebuilding...You must nail your first round picks. I look at ours. My glass half full life view is severely, severely, severely tested. It is going to be a very, very long road.

I reckon a lot of supporters have settled into a low expectations/low excitement mode. We’re waiting, and we know success is not close, even tho there’s some green shoots (Rachele, Thilthorpe).

I reckon a lot of supporters have settled into a low expectations/low excitement mode. We’re waiting, and we know success is not close, even tho there’s some green shoots (Rachele, Thilthorpe).
I think the club has drastically overrated the rebuild. We think the job is done and are on our way to finals and grand finals over the next 5 years. The truth is, we aren't. With what we have right now, we will max out in the bottom of the 8. We need an elite midfield, and we simply don't have one.
I love Rachele, but JHF was the one we had to get.

Pretty much only gonna be watching it to see what our youth and new recruits can bring.. we already know what the older blokes are gonna do.

Actually look forward to our SANFL games more than the AFL ones at the moment.

I think the club has drastically overrated the rebuild. We think the job is done and are on our way to finals and grand finals over the next 5 years. The truth is, we aren't. With what we have right now, we will max out in the bottom of the 8. We need an elite midfield, and we simply don't have one.
I agree. Except for that last line.. Rachele will be equally as good as JHF in the end I reacon..

Although, I thought the hysteria over JHF was way over blown by the media last year..

Oh My Biff .gif

Our board's, have never been busier .....people want to talk football ....they want to get excited about now & the future ....they want to discuss players

Too much politics, negativity, and historical recycling of trash ...will kill off the enthusiasm

Not true ....there are quite a few Club boards genuinely excited about the season .....it's a mindset

It's really sneaked up on me this year, been too busy trying to keep my family avoiding Covid. My boys changed schools this year so been dealing with that, eldest lad is now playing club soccer, just lots going on. My brain is having a hard time thinking about the fact there's a game to go to this weekend!

Not only the club... some on here are delusional when rating Jones/McHenry.
They are supposed to be our midfield!
Faaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkk.

We are a team of misfits.

Last edited:
I don't think I've read anywhere that the club thinks the rebuild is done??

Nicks is 2 years into the job, he would know it's not done yet

Back