Preview Round 1 v Hawks (team listed #982 p40)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smith has even longer

Smiths vanilla and I would have preferred brown too but either/or really. It’s marginal. The last man picked won’t determine the outcome of the match.

Smith probably a bit more outside than Brown so probably a team balance thing as much as anything else given we have plenty of in and under types in the 22

Man, some people just want all of our kids to play... only if they knew playing a team full of kids will only give us floggings :drunk: players like Smith who are older play a crucial role when we are forced to use our depth. Playing too many kids will just lead to inconsistency and a fragile unit. I don’t mind selection and Smith will be gone once our players return from injury. Personally I would change Stephenson with Brown or for Crocker. But hey that’s just my opinion.

Smiths vanilla and I would have preferred brown too but either/or really. It’s marginal. The last man picked won’t determine the outcome of the match.

Smith probably a bit more outside than Brown so probably a team balance thing as much as anything else given we have plenty of in and under types in the 22
Smith being outside doesn't help since he doesn't have line breaking pace or good skills.

Man, some people just want all of our kids to play... only if they knew playing a team full of kids will only give us floggings :drunk: players like Smith who are older play a crucial role when we are forced to use our depth. Playing too many kids will just lead to inconsistency and a fragile unit. I don’t mind selection and Smith will be gone once our players return from injury. Personally I would change Stephenson with Brown or for Crocker. But hey that’s just my opinion.

Rather get games into a Very Talented Kid in Stephenson compared to Crocker I am not sure is best 22 and Brown plays a Different Position to Stephenson

Smith plays a crucial role:drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with Scharenberg?? Why is he not playing, and why did he not play any of the JLT games? Did he run over Buck's dog or something??

Rather get games into a Very Talented Kid in Stephenson compared to Crocker I am not sure is best 22 and Brown plays a Different Position to Stephenson
You play your best 22 when available, not potential best 22 based on future talent. JLT showed me that Stephenson isn’t ready. Crocker is slightly more experienced and is an actual forward unlike Stephenson. Not to mention Stephenson was NOT drafted as a forward pocket player but neither was Brown, but off JLT form Brown is ahead of Stephenson for me. I would’ve given Brown a crack to play forward and rotate through the midfield, Browns forward pressure would be as good if not better than Stephenson’s in my opinion.

You play your best 22 when available, not potential best 22 based on future talent. JLT showed me that Stephenson isn’t ready. Crocker is slightly more experienced and is an actual forward unlike Stephenson. Not to mention Stephenson was NOT drafted as a forward pocket player but neither was Brown, but off JLT form Brown is ahead of Stephenson for me. I would’ve given Brown a crack to play forward and rotate through the midfield, Browns forward pressure would be as good if not better than Stephenson’s in my opinion.

As you say It's your Opinion and I am saying I don't Agree with it

Maybe but you're not a selector

Hey TD
Could you want to list the team please?

Hawthorn v Collingwood
AFL Round One
Saturday 24 March
MCG, 7.40pm

Collingwood
B:
Sam Murray, Lynden Dunn, Brayden Maynard
HB: Tom Langdon, Darcy Moore, Jeremy Howe
C: Steele Sidebottom, Scott Pendlebury, Josh Smith
HF: Josh Thomas, Ben Reid, Will Hoskin-Elliott
F: Jaidyn Stephenson, Mason Cox, Ben Crocker
Foll: Brodie Grundy, Adam Treloar, Taylor Adams
Int: Jack Crisp, Travis Varcoe, Tom Phillips, James Aish
Emg: Chris Mayne, Tim Broomhead, Callum Brown, Brody Mihocek

NEW: Sam Murray (20, Sydney), Jaidyn Stephenson (19, Eastern U18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back