Preview Round 10, 2021: Carlton v Hawthorn, 22 May 2021, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Ceglar and Howe would be a backwards move. We already know what they’re capable of. I’d much rather see Reeves, Downie, Greaves and Morris given games from here.

Morris has been an emergency the last two weeks and kicked 5 goals in the VFL. He could very well play this week.

Playing Ceglar and Howe would be a backwards move. We already know what they’re capable of. I’d much rather see Reeves, Downie, Greaves and Morris given games from here.

Morris has been an emergency the last two weeks and kicked 5 goals in the VFL. He could very well play this week.
Sometimes you need a bit of experience and known quantity to allow the kids to grow

I don't mind Howe coming in but he needs to be a centre square mid only. He ie the only one we have with a bit of size and willing to defend

Putting him on a wing is a wasted position for everyone

We should just take the punt and play Downie, Reeves, Morris and Brockman. This year is about experimenting for our future. What’s the point in giving games to players who won’t be on the list next year.

We should just take the punt and play Downie, Reeves, Morris and Brockman. This year is about experimenting for our future. What’s the point in giving games to players who won’t be on the list next year.
No chance Downie is getting a game after Mitchell's scathing critique of his game on the weekend. The other 3 should come in, I agree. Plus Jeka. If young blokes perform at Box Hill, reward them.

I don't mind Howe coming in but he needs to be a centre square mid only. He ie the only one we have with a bit of size and willing to defend

Putting him on a wing is a wasted position for everyone
I don’t understand why they are so reluctant to play him there. Against the eagles he was trying to tag Kelly but starting on the wing. Made it bloody hard!

I don’t understand why they are so reluctant to play him there. Against the eagles he was trying to tag Kelly but starting on the wing. Made it bloody hard!

I also found this weird. His best utility in the side was in 2018 and 2019 when he played as a defensive, big bodied mid. Felt he did a good job protecting space for Titch.

No chance Downie is getting a game after Mitchell's scathing critique of his game on the weekend. The other 3 should come in, I agree. Plus Jeka. If young blokes perform at Box Hill, reward them.
Scathing is a little strong but yes he did say he has a couple of things to work on

PS: He actually mentioned some pretty positive things in his development. BH/development coaching is never black and white and nor should it be

What was downies disposal like for the 13 touches? That’s all that matters to me

if their clean and impactful we can get the ball to someone who gets on their bike

Scathing is a little strong but yes he did say he has a couple of things to work on

PS: He actually mentioned some pretty positive things in his development. BH/development coaching is never black and white and nor should it be
Can’t recall a coach publicly saying a player struggled with the physicality of VFL footy. It’s pretty damning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What was downies disposal like for the 13 touches? That’s all that matters to me

if their clean and impactful we can get the ball to someone who gets on their bike
Can’t recall a coach publicly saying a player struggled with the physicality of VFL footy. It’s pretty damning.
Against an injury-ravaged VFL team made up of mostly fill ins. Doesn't bode well.

Yep

Devastating for a first year player at round 9

Connor Downie (13 disposals, 2 marks, 1 tackle, 1 goal)
"Connor took a step in the right direction, using his physical attributes to his advantage this week. He still needs to get more comfortable playing against men and taking a tackle. The physicality of the level continues to be a bit of a challenge for him. He went on-ball late in the game and showed some promising signs with his work-rate as well as kicking a late goal."

1621421899514.gif

Throw the magnets around time. A few left field ideas..
FB:Frost, Hartigan,Tob
HB:Mitchell, Jiath, Impey
C:Morrison,Jom,Scrimshaw
HF:Bruest,Kosi,Wingard
FF:Morris,Jeka,Hardwick
R:Mcevoy,Worpel,Cousins
I:Shiels,Moore,Lewis,Howe, sub Silk
E Brockman,Downie,Finn

You blokes must forget watching a young b.hill play vfl plenty of wingman have this issue.
Yes however hill just knew when and where to run to get the ball. He used his physical attributes a lot better than downie is currently. Downie is a good user of the ball but he just doesnt get the ball enough to be damaging

Downie looked like he probably shouldn’t have played last week in the first half. Looked to be struggling to get around, with the quad taped up from the corkie the previous week.

Yes however hill just knew when and where to run to get the ball. He used his physical attributes a lot better than downie is currently. Downie is a good user of the ball but he just doesnt get the ball enough to be damaging
I've seen him play 2 games for Box Hill, he didn't seem to have any problem getting to where the ball is, he just isn't getting his hands on the ball anywhere near enough.

Last edited:
In: reeves, Morris, silk, greaves, howe
Out: TOB, Hartley, Ollie, Phillips, JOM (managed)
Howe to be sub or in if eg Mitchell also needs a rest.

Hardwick Hartigan Silk
Greaves Frost Impey
CJ wingard Scrim
Cousins Kosi Moore
Breust Lewis Morris
BB Mitchell shiels
I: reeves worpel howe Morrison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back