Preview Round 10 - Geelong v Carlton, GMHBA, Saturday 7:25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number of possessions often doesn't give an accurate portrayal of defenders though. Lonergan had 5 possessions in the 2011 Grand Final whilst completely taking Cloke out of the game.
That's true. However he had a spoiling role that day and let's face it after mid way through third qtr Geelong dominated Collingwood. I have no issue with the fact that stats do not tell the full story. However this guy is in the prime of his career and and does not get it done. They can pick him every week for the next 5 years but how much upside has he got?

I think, too, he's a bit too much of a 'glory' hog to do a true defensive job.

That's no real slight, we need attacking blokes who want to kick goals, but they shouldn't be running with opposition mids.
Especially with a decimated forward line
Thank goodness the Parf is back

Seems you have had a falling out with the Bews clan.
Jed is a far better footballer than Ruggles
I agree Rug was hard, but his disposal was frightful
Bews stops the oppositions first small forward every week
Could also play in the midfield if given that chance
Love the way he goes about his footy.
Does he owe you some money?
It was always about football and football only. Jed can't play. Can't rebound of back does not link up and makes basic errors. If his name was Bill Smith would say the same...it's about football not him as a person.

Cram is well known for his aerobic running abilities and Sav was top 10 combine sprints.
So much for bigger means slower.
So long as they stick their tackles and chase like crazy, I don't care how big or small they are.

Essendon ran it out of defence way too easily last week.

Anyone think Carlton will win? imagine it, then what happens?

24386342146_08255fd0d9_o.gif

anger_inside_out.gif

tenor.gif

It was always about football and football only. Jed can't play. Can't rebound of back does not link up and makes basic errors. If his name was Bill Smith would say the same...it's about football not him as a person.
Funny how you are the only person who believes this. Maybe everyone else is wrong?

Or you don’t know shit.

His first job is to lockdown the oppositions best small forward and he has done this well all year, no one has kicked a bag on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you a Hawthorn supporter?
The 2 sides I hate the most are Collingwood and Hawthorn ...Hawthorn no 1 by a fair margin. I am not sure having an opinion about 1 player can bring so much hate but there you go...he is not the only one not up to it at Geelong.

I sense a 30 something who has a high opinion of himself but is clearly a nobody who adds zero to his Community the GFC and anything else he maybe involved in.
That's deep.

If you check my profile it says 36yo so congrats to you on that:thumbsu:

You're starting to get a bit personal, which indicates to be that you're getting a bit desperate; do you want to keep going down this path or are you done?

So long as they stick their tackles and chase like crazy, I don't care how big or small they are.

Essendon ran it out of defence way too easily last week.

You've got to remember the big guys are contesting and bringing the ball to the deck.
The job for the small guys is to win possession and kick goals if they can from sweating on the drop. If the ball comes out to easy maybe it's them not doing their job effectively enough.
You can't expect the guy that flies also be responsible for the tackle at ground level.
I would blame those at ground level for lack of pressure.

Boy we really are struggling going back to Blits,and I don't think we are doing him any favors either as that's not his spot,I was warming to him down back, take out the first quarter last week.

Yes! Keep Blitz in Defence!

The 2 sides I hate the most are Collingwood and Hawthorn ...Hawthorn no 1 by a fair margin. I am not sure having an opinion about 1 player can bring so much hate but there you go...he is not the only one not up to it at Geelong.
Hawthorn supporters more likely to question someone's contribution to the community
Just sayin
You know the mirror rule
If you question someone else's contribution, it usually means you aren't doing a whole lot, but feel entitled
Like Dermy

Funny how you are the only person who believes this. Maybe everyone else is wrong?

Or you don’t know shit.

His first job is to lockdown the oppositions best small forward and he has done this well all year, no one has kicked a bag on him.
You can keep the blinkers on. Fine by me ...I hope he plays well on the week-end but will be surprised if he plays anymore than a minor role. Funny thing is the people I talk to about football have the same view. Perhaps you don't know shit!

Last edited:
I think the reason Catsmaninamerica is wanting Blicavs in the ruck is because we are the worst centre clearance team in the league as you say. So if we’re already the worst centre clearance team with Smith/Stanley rucking, we might as well ruck Blitz who can compete well enough in the ruck but then help out a lot at ground level with tackles and winning the ball himself more than Smith/Stanley do.

I’m okay with Blicavs moving into the ruck because he’s more experienced than he was in 2015. He’ll be just as good, if not better in the air timing his leap in ruck contests. He’ll be just as good, if not better at ground level as he was back then with the contested work & tackles except he’s now a much better mark than he was back then & will also run into better positions consistently which you simply learn over time.

That means we go back to the smaller defensive setup like we had in the GWS game with Blicavs, Kolodjashnij, Henry, Stewart, Tuohy, Bews (Thurlow) and simply replacing Blicavs with Taylor instead of playing both of them back there.

I’m sure Scott’s thinking about it as well considering in his presser when he was talking about being beaten in the clearances he said something along the lines of “we started to wrestle it back a bit in the middle when Blicavs went into the ruck”.

Don’t bother trying to explain stuff to this silly old campaigner. He’s dumb. Won’t actuslly look at stats, facts or logic. He’s actually as dumb as hodgepodge

That's deep.

If you check my profile it says 36yo so congrats to you on that:thumbsu:

You're starting to get a bit personal, which indicates to be that you're getting a bit desperate; do you want to keep going down this path or are you done?
Nah I think you are the one who got personal and you know that as well so if your done I am happy to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back