Review Round 11 = Fremantle 75-75 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

What has Freddy done in the last 2 months to get a game?
You continue to say he is the answer to our forward woes.

Even before this he has done nothing.
AJ arguably is the better choice.
We have no one left. In that sense he is the answer. Freddy is the best choice of the big men remaining.

Last edited:

Positives:
  • HH is a genuine gun, imo a star who is hiding in broad daylight at the biggest club
  • Richards looks really good
  • Parker did look composed for a 1st gamer

Negatives:
  • we shut the game down way too early and essentially threw away what would have been an awesome win
  • Not one of the channel 7 commentators noticed how well HH was playing, they are an absolute blight on the game with their rubbish topics they get distracted by
  • Hodgey is a dead set w***er

Nicholls cracked it with Sidebottom for not throwing ball to him when it was on the ground earlier in the game. Sooked up big time rolling his eyes like a petulant princess. The free kick was a follow up from his earlier sooking.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How do the players control themselves when an umpire intervenes and changes the course of a game with nothing less than an ego driven " everybody look at me" moment? Time was not ticking so none was lost. He simply wanted to impact the game and knew he could ride the flak out due to the fact this ridiculously technical and probably outdated rule was still in the book.

I would have lost it and let him know what a disgusting decision it was. The word cheat may have even passed my lips.

There is simply no good reason to support the awarding of that free kick under any circumstances. Would he pay that in a tight grand final?

We are essentially 7-4 now
I’ll balance this with the glass half empty shit percentage line. Not too many games where we can run a score up left in our fixture either, so we’ll have to do it on win/loss.

Should not have drawn that game.
Schulz is useless. That shot could have iced the game, but instead he misses from 20 out no pressure. Shown nothing all year. Piss weak.
My patience is wearing thin with him. Freo fans said to expect plenty of quiter games where he kicks one or none, but that he'd kick a bag once every 4 or 5 weeks. It's round 11 now and his best efforts have been only 2 or 3 games where he's kicked a couple of goals.

I think we’ve reached a tipping point.

Simply too many out injured and being rushed back too quickly. Those not injured are running on fumes.

We’ve been incredibly gutsy and resilient over the past few weeks but the team looks cooked now.

Last edited:
Our young boys have been nothing but short of brilliant this year. Richards is a gun. He never fumbles, always makes something happen when he has the ball in hand, can kick beautifully on either foot and tackles like a madman. He reads the play like a good old rover from the 70's.

Parker looked excellent. So calm when he won the ball. Another big tick. Harvey is another who will be a long-term crowd favourite. Charlie Dean looked like he has found his feet at this level and that will surely boost his confidence. Sullivan has been consistently good every week and is going nowhere. He also uses the ball beautifully. A natural footballer. Ed looks to be the only one not quite ready for this level yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll balance this with the glass half empty s**t percentage line. Not too many games where we can run a score up left in our fixture either, so we’ll have to do it on win/loss.

It's not going to be a top 4 year, I can't see it. If we make the finals in the bottom 4 of the 8 we will be a tough out if we have a fitter squad.

I think we’ve reached a tipping point.

Simply too many out injured and being rushed back too quickly. Those not injured are running fumes.

We’ve been incredibly gutsy and resilient over the past few weeks but the team looks cooked now.

I fear you're right - if we even get close to the Bulldogs it will be a huge tick.

The last few weeks has been quite the revelation with HH, Richards etc.....so we're looking good for when reinforcements arrive. That's assuming they're not just replacing more injuries :neutral:

They just showed footage on armchair experts & you could see Quaynors fingers move back as ball passes, Quaynor signaled straight away so why not properly review it ffs 🤦‍♀️
Quaynor has admitted on radio after the game that he didn't touch it

Umpiring aside, going into no-score, keeping’s-off mode with 10mins to go let them back in. Lucky it didn’t cost us a loss.

We’ve been flirting with danger for ages in these situations and were going to get burned sooner or later.

It was a very costly result, with Cox and Checkers both injured and likely to miss against Dogs and Dees. We’ll be out of the eight in two weeks’ time.

And then we will jump right back in when we regain some players. I still think we are a chance to beat the Dogs and Melbourne even with our injuries. The young kids have been a revelation and Reef and hopefully DeGoey are back in next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back