Round 12 Trades - The Byes Begin

Are you going to trade or hold Lachie Whitfield?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great point re: his history, but aside from Laird neither Sicily (1 yr above 100 avg) Stewart or Ryan have had premium scoring history. Even Laird is only averaging 99 this season.

Apart from the seagull, Hurn and Whitfield I think the defenders this year are a bit of pot luck tbh, no real standouts besides those 3.

Their scoring history is still better. I already have Smith penned for D6, don't want another one.

Milera's History.

1559880737973.png

Great point re: his history, but aside from Laird neither Sicily (1 yr above 100 avg) Stewart or Ryan have had premium scoring history. Even Laird is only averaging 99 this season.

Apart from the seagull, Hurn and Whitfield I think the defenders this year are a bit of pot luck tbh, no real standouts besides those 3.

Ryan was producing big scores last year mainly at home but had some stinkers away and a late season injury. Seems alot more consistent now and still producing big scores.

Their scoring history is still better. I already have Smith penned for D6, don't want another one.

Milera's History.

View attachment 688128

Thats true, but for say 100K cheaper than a Stewart or Ryan for example, Milera could pretty much avg the same or more that those 2 for the remainder of the season. Milera also now playing a more SC friendly role hence the jump in his scoring, take out that 41 when he got injured hes averaging 94 which is pretty much the same as guys like laird, sicily, Zilliams and the likes which are considered must have keepers.

I guess I may be just trying to convince myself on Milera lol

Think just one this year? But definitely concerning history over his career.

Milera seems to have history of soft tissue issues. Lots of risk everywhere.

One hammy in 3 years. I couldn't find any others. What have I missed? How is that a history of soft tissue injuries?

Ryan was producing big scores last year mainly at home but had some stinkers away and a late season injury. Seems alot more consistent now and still producing big scores.
I've held off on Ryan to date because I didn't know how Blakely in would affect him. Still don't really know TBH.

I'm debating whether to keep Whitfield or not. I only traded him in two weeks ago so trading him straight out is annoying but I dont know whether I want to carry his price on my bench for a month. With 20 trades left, I'm definitely making 3 this week. The two options I'm deciding between

Option 1: Walsh/Ross/Moore for Jelly/Andrews/Gardner with 85k left.

Option 2: Whitfield/Walsh/Moore for Lloyd/Jelly/Gardner with 272k left

I'm leaning towards option 2 due to the money left over. Any suggestions on something better to do?

Screen Shot 2019-06-07 at 14.12.38.png

Does Ryan take the kick ins?
I don't follow them that diligently, but I'd be guessing it's shared mostly between him and Wilson. I read that he took well over 100 kick ins last year, but only played on to himself once. Not sure how often he's playing on from the goal square this year.

One hammy in 3 years. I couldn't find any others. What have I missed? How is that a history of soft tissue injuries?
Haha probably just confusing him with another Crows player, don't all of them fall down with soft tissue injuries :/

This old rating site has quad in '16 and calf '17. Not recurring injuries so definitely not as bad as I was imagining

I also think he'll miss. Greenwood or Gibbs to come in for him

Yes projected scores only include your best 18

Especially when you only have 16 playing ;)

Anyone holding Whitfield? I'm strongly considering it.

I am going to try to. My side is cactus this week anyway. I will field 18 without trading him though, so I will reassess next week.

Think I will pass on Rotham if he is selected too. Hopefully Naish plays well and secures a spot for an extended period. Has been racking them up in twos.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha probably just confusing him with another Crows player, don't all of them fall down with soft tissue injuries :/

This old rating site has quad in '16 and calf '17. Not recurring injuries so definitely not as bad as I was imagining
Thanks for posting the link. Interesting reading. Never seen that before. Cheers.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on two 3 trade options I'm considering, my decision is somewhat shaped by the fact as of now I only have 11 players avail next week, I'll be fine this week with 6 def plus Hore on the bench, hence why I've included him in 1 option. I should also be fine for rd 14.

I only have $55k which is the limiting factor. Also if you have a variation on these options feel free to share it.

I'm either thinking

Option 1: Whitfield > Laird, Hore > Ryan, Constable > Gardner(via Answerth).

Option 2: Whitfield > Laird, Hayes > Gardner(via Answerth), Constable > Dusty.

I'd rather a Cunnington/Pendles etc than Dusty but money is tight.

Cheers.

I'd love to hear some thoughts on two 3 trade options I'm considering, my decision is somewhat shaped by the fact as of now I only have 11 players avail next week, I'll be fine this week with 6 def plus Hore on the bench, hence why I've included him in 1 option. I should also be fine for rd 14.

I only have $55k which is the limiting factor. Also if you have a variation on these options feel free to share it.

I'm either thinking

Option 1: Whitfield > Laird, Hore > Ryan, Constable > Gardner(via Answerth).

Option 2: Whitfield > Laird, Hayes > Gardner(via Answerth), Constable > Dusty.

I'd rather a Cunnington/Pendles etc than Dusty but money is tight.

Cheers.
I’d say wait on Hore, he should be good for another decent price rise.

Option 2 looks the best to me. Considered Coniglio/Treloar?

Milera's History.

View attachment 688128

Pretty standard pattern

FF Hun.JPG

FF Cun.JPG

If Milera can get within 5 points of the top 8 defenders at his price with the lack of cash gen around, he's a solid pick.

For me the cash difference will allow me to turn R'OB in to Grundy after next week

Grundy's lowest score of the year is in danger this week though.

Pretty standard pattern

View attachment 688159

View attachment 688160

If Milera can get within 5 points of the top 8 defenders at his price with the lack of cash gen around, he's a solid pick.

For me the cash difference will allow me to turn R'OB in to Grundy after next week

Grundy's lowest score of the year is in danger this week though.

Sure. If you can use the extra 100k immediately to upgrade to another premo.

That 5-10 point gap to the top 8 defender is equivalent to 55-110 points with 11 playing rounds to go. If your trade with the extra 100k betters that, then all good.

When are people allowing themselves to be confident in Hore suiting up on Monday?

I'm a man down without him and I really don't have a happy alternative to get through the byes - I'm currently projecting to have only 2 trades left after getting to full premo....

At what point is copping a zero the best choice?

When are people allowing themselves to be confident in Hore suiting up on Monday?

I'm a man down without him and I really don't have a happy alternative to get through the byes - I'm currently projecting to have only 2 trades left after getting to full premo....

At what point is copping a zero the best choice?

Don't think there's any real risk with Hore. He's had an extra long break with the game being on monday and he's named on the field.

Sloane on the other hand, i'm expecting to dish up a last minute s**t sandwich.

Back