Preview Round 17 vs Essendon, 12/09/20 @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

In years gone by, during the reign of King Ken, we have found ways to lose a top 4 spot that was there for the taking. But I’ve said similar things about a half a dozen games we should have (and did) end up winning this year.

Win this one and we are just about certain to play an AFL season for only the second time, losing only to teams who made finals. Win this and Hinkley makes top 4 for the first time in his coaching career.

This is the game that Port wins to earn trust as a consistent, well performing team for the first time in a generation.

There is to much at stake for port to lose any of the last two games. We will need all the the advantages of two home finals to give us a half a chance to bring home the bacon.
Lose to Essendon and it will ba a downhill slide imo.

Essendon

IN Andrew Phillips, Brayden Ham, Joe Daniher, Mitchell Hibberd, Tom Cutler

OUT Cale Hooker (Omitted), Dyson Heppell (Injured), Irving Mosquito (Injured), Mason Redman (Omitted), Michael Hurley (Injured)

Joe Daniher is the type of player that makes out defenders feel short.

however, I don’t think the ball will be up that end much.

Ports by 40 in a wet weather slog

Essendon have dropped veteran Cale Hooker for Saturday night's date with Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval.

Captain Dyson Heppell and Michael Hurley are also set to miss the game, with Hurley out because of an ankle injury and Heppell also hurt again.

The Bombers are out of the finals race after being thrashed by Geelong in Brisbane last week.

Meanwhile, untested rookie ruckman Henry Crauford has left the club's hub and returned to South Australia as he deals with a back issue.

Those changes are tantamount to tanking. Why would you drop Hooker when Hurley is out injured?

Brandon Zerk-Thatcher is literally the only recognised KPD in Essendon's side, and this will be his tenth career game. Dixon, Marshall and Ladhams should have an absolute field day.

Those changes are tantamount to tanking. Why would you drop Hooker when Hurley is out injured?

Brandon Zerk-Thatcher is literally the only recognised KPD in Essendon's side, and this will be his tenth career game. Dixon, Marshall and Ladhams should have an absolute field day.
Bloody hope so. Great opportunity to boost the percentage, however Port have yet to do this since the Melbourne game.

Perfect time to be going up against a big tall forward in Daniher to be ready for the finals.

I'm never confident going up against Essendon but a win tomorrow guarantees us a top 4 and potentially top 2 spot if Richmond get up tonight.

Each game at this point is massive in the context of the season. We need to win, and continue to build a wall of consistency that is going to hold up in October.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wake up tomorrow... crack open a can... finish off my weeding... watch port belt the bombers (ladhams u owe us a big game) smile... dance... s**t post... its.going to be a good day...

Pardon the intrusion, you lot.

Not sure if this sentiment has been expressed earlier but a 100 point hiding would be beneficial to both clubs.

Never thought I'd say this but by God I hope your boys belt the suitcase out of ours.

Get in early boys and girls.

Key times - Round 17 v Essendon

RAA Member Recognition Round

$1.50 Balfours Pies for our 150th Anniversary Year!
Thanks to our membership partner RAA, a limited number of Balfours Pies will be available for $1.50 on game day at Adelaide Oval.

To take advantage of the offer, present your RAA Membership card at the Adelaide Oval food outlets.
T&Cs: Offer limited to 3,000 units. Limit of two pies per transaction. Patrons must present their RAA Membership card to redeem.
Should have been pasties for old times sakes

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back