Preview Round 18, 2020: Hawthorn v Gold Coast Suns, 20 September 2020, 1.05pm @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been amazing. I've been sitting in what would normally be $60-70+ seats each game for $30.

Just wish it wasn't at a time where we are so sh*t lol
I know, tickets have all been great bar the * game but even then first row of L3 on Western stand. 5 games in a season has been amazing despite the losses.

we'd have to win by 21 points and Sydney lose by 20 points to swap positions on the ladder...
If Sydney lose by 60, how much do we have to lose by?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ICYMI, we are on 4 wins to Sydney's 5 (courtesy of their win against Melbourne). Only way we'll lose "live" pick three is with any sort of a win, cos yes Swans have no incentive to try, and Geelong usually run up the score for fun in the final round every year* anyway.

* Albeit they'll be doing it at Carrara this year instead of Kardinia.

I'm surprised to see we are currently underdogs for this one according to sportsbet. Certainly we have some disincentive to win (if Sydney lose), but to be giving GC as favourites before teams have even been announced seems off for mine. If it was played at Metricon I can see the point, but GC have won a single game away from their home ground all year. We at least managed 2. They beat Sydney at the SCG in round 7, and since then have only won one more game, and that was at Metricon against one of only 2 teams below us on the ladder (Roos). They are basically travelling just as badly as us, but have had their ladder position protected by a massive number of games at their home ground (compared to us).

We are sending off 2 triple premiership players, one of them our captain. I reckon we might actually try for this one. Finishing off the season with a win to get at least SOME confidence back in the side is surely worth more than the difference between pick 3 and 4? (Unless they've got someone in particular picked out, and they suspect Sydney will pick them ahead of us if we have our draft positions switched, in which case maybe the culture damage might be deemed to be worth it).

Our intention will be made clearer when they announce the teams. Personally I'd like us to win this one, and pick 3 be damned.

Reckon titch needs a rest too, has played every game.
Considering he’s coming off a broken leg that’s a phenomenal effort by him to have played every game so far. The offseason rest can’t come soon after enough for him and he’ll be all the better for it.

I'm surprised to see we are currently underdogs for this one according to sportsbet. Certainly we have some disincentive to win (if Sydney lose), but to be giving GC as favourites before teams have even been announced seems off for mine. If it was played at Metricon I can see the point, but GC have won a single game away from their home ground all year. We at least managed 2. They beat Sydney at the SCG in round 7, and since then have only won one more game, and that was at Metricon against one of only 2 teams below us on the ladder (Roos). They are basically travelling just as badly as us, but have had their ladder position protected by a massive number of games at their home ground (compared to us).

We are sending off 2 triple premiership players, one of them our captain. I reckon we might actually try for this one. Finishing off the season with a win to get at least SOME confidence back in the side is surely worth more than the difference between pick 3 and 4? (Unless they've got someone in particular picked out, and they suspect Sydney will pick them ahead of us if we have our draft positions switched, in which case maybe the culture damage might be deemed to be worth it).

Our intention will be made clearer when they announce the teams. Personally I'd like us to win this one, and pick 3 be damned.
There's a lot at stake here.
I don't think we'll be winning this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back