Autopsy Round 18: Hawks skin the Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

Sweetest victory for quite a while. Looking forward to seeing a few of the hawthorn haters in the media come out this week and do a backflip on our chances in 2019. Too old, too slow, players with no currency, desperate need of a rebuild, Clarko is leaving, no longer a destination club, back to the draft blah blah. We beaten Coll, GWS, Adel and Geel, got beaten by a kick against WC and were in the Ess game up to our eye balls and had Bris over a chair in the first quarter at the Gabba.

Given he whinges about the umpires every week with the blessing of the afl despite rules against it, got to think he felt entitled to approach the umpires.

Given it apparently forms a significant part of his game-plan, suppose he needed to at least try...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard. Bloody great in the midfield, and you have to realize he is actually still on limited game time.. from his own mouth ~70% compared to his usual 80 to 85%.. 21 disposals, 4 tackles, could have had 2 goals to top it off.. and all on limited game time.

He is just so god damn clean. Also, I had noticed it in the past at Port but it really stood out for me yesterday how unusually low he gets when attacking the ball. I t allows him to cleanly take the ball faster and already have the momentum to power through tackles. Its great to watch.

His class shone through on the weekend, we are all going to have so much fun watching him next year once he and the club have figured each other out.

Scott telling porkies on afl360. Reckons he asked the umps at 3/4 time if he “could ask them a question”. Fox lip readers had him saying “how are you going to make up for that 50”. Furious back peddle then basically blaming the loss on not taking their chances in front of goal.

What a sook just saw on 360 that he reckons they should be able to approach and ask in a polite manner when he just sledged them! I guess he knows Hocking and Gerard have got his back

Imagine if Clarko did it

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Given he whinges about the umpires every week with the blessing of the afl despite rules against it, got to think he felt entitled to approach the umpires.

I’m gobsmacked that there’s been no report of a please explain. That’s an absolute joke if he doesn’t cop at least a reprimand

Chris Scott sooking about the umpiring is hilarious. At least 3x 50m penalties not paid to Hawthorn in the first quarter alone from Geelong players overstepping the mark (and not by trivial amounts) and not handing the ball back directly to a free kick winner, neither quickly or on the full. Also in the second quarter the Geelong player "rushing a behind" over the boundary line and the umpire just calls a throw in. They got a great run.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back