Review Round 19 2021 - Essendon v GWS Giants, 6.10 pm at Metricon Stadium, Sun 25 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Green.... In to $1.90 for the Rising Star after todays game. 29 touches, 17K, 11H, 7M 6CLR, 11 Contested Possessions. He will be our first brownlow medallist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7fc8d1e6f7ce3b22ac6d02a9efb88a4a.jpg
Interesting run home. You think 2-3 out of those are winnable apart from Geelong. However we draw with north, beat Dees and then lose to Suns. So who knows with the Geelong game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I age 10 years every time we play.

I’m glad I can have a drink cause I need one.

Ffs way to go boys.

Down on confidence, bounce of the ball not going our way, a 1st half to forget and they fought back with Mummy and Davis both falling apart.

Daniels had his best game of the year, Whitfield was amazing and our best, Kelly took on the leadership, Jessie growing throughout the game, Taylor (besides that weird hop over a Bomber) was inspirational.

What a win and with Greene, Cogs(hopefully) & Briggs in next week the sky’s the limit if we play our footy.

7fc8d1e6f7ce3b22ac6d02a9efb88a4a.jpg
Interesting run home. You think 2-3 out of those are winnable apart from Geelong. However we draw with north, beat Dees and then lose to Suns. So who knows with the Geelong game

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If anything this year has taught us is there is no such thing as winnable and unwinnable.

Really?
Thought I was a pretty good game from both sides.
Still severely disappointing with our structuring most of the game, and some genuinely horrid ball movement in patches. Still need another mid with some speed and a genuinely penetrative kick, Ash showed a bit in that regard but long term he's still a halfback imo

It's better than I expected, but our over reliance on Greene and the importance of a Flynn/ Briggs to give Mummy a chop out stood out heaps

Davis and Mummy are shot.
Davis had such a weird performance, I've never thought he was overly athletic but getting beaten by Hooker and Wright for pace? That's damning, genuinely gave Essendon 5 shots on goal inside 50 which you can't afford to concede as a defender

Still severely disappointing with our structuring most of the game, and some genuinely horrid ball movement in patches. Still need another mid with some speed and a genuinely penetrative kick, Ash showed a bit in that regard but long term he's still a halfback imo

It's better than I expected, but our over reliance on Greene and the importance of a Flynn/ Briggs to give Mummy a chop out stood out heaps

I agree. I had to turn off the TV at half time. We were so poor with the same issues that have plagued us for years now. Bombing the ball inside 50, no forward able to bring the ball to ground and watching the Bombers rebounding straight to the other end. Glad things worked out better in the second half but is it just patching up gaping holes in our game plan? It's the youth that at times probably sway away from the game plan just out of habit that set up play for us, it also makes us less predictable. Especially Greene with his creativity around the contest able to free up other players. Let's just hope this isn't dulled out of him by the coaching staff.
I actually like the move of Ash to a tagging role obviously he is trying to be taught to be more accountable in the backline and seemed to do a really good job. Think this could be an ideal job for X.O. going forward if Cogs doesn't take the role back once fully fit (if that ever happens)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back