Review Round 19. SUNS vs Melbourne @MCG Sunday 1.10

Remove this Banner Ad

Gutted but so proud of the boys, umpires didn't do us any favours today even though the frees evened up.

So close to pushing that MELBOUNRE pick down to 7 but as I said I can't be anything but proud of the effort.

If Nichols has a big money offer, he should take it. Was abismal

Good Effort by the Suns
Need to be more efficient in the forward line
If there was a game that demonstrates the importance of having a quality ruckman ..........
Keep playing the less experienced players (Need 40 good players)

Well done Suns great effort. its hard to win when your getting double teamed my your opponents and the umpires

On the bright side a lot of the kids showed more signs beats a 73pt margin earlier in the year against this mob...and we hang onto pick 4....actually we don't - we've slipped to pick 5 going up past Carlton on percentage despite losing :huh:

I know it hurts to lose a game like that, but it does show how far we have come this season, to not drop our heads and keep fighting even with inferior players on the park, unlike last time we played them.

I honestly wasn't looking forward to this game, as I thought their mids would run all over us, but our makeshift midfield has not let us down at all and has fought through each match so far.

Also, Touk again relishing the pure mid role. 21 touches (14 contested), 5 clearances, 9 tackles. What even is second year blues? ;)

Smashed in the ruck and in uncontested possession. Won contested ball and tackle count which indicates we had a real crack. Proud of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tagging Jones

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Ok good, he did ok then. But geez six is still not awesome even for a tagging role.

I'll take it though, I think given our lack of an experienced midfield x 6, the competitiveness through to the end of the game is a real positive.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Just got back from the game, i'm shattered. Had chances to win i guess it wasn't meant to be. Would have loved to shut up the old Melbourne supporters booing after every free. If there is anyone you want kicking a goal after the siren it's Lynch, he's done it before. A hell of a lot more was shown than the last time we played Melbourne.

Very happy with that given the midfield we put up there. Competed well but just didn't have the talent and class to get over them.

Watts always kills us. ALWAYS. He cops a lot of schtick, but he's a hard match-up given he works all over the field. That said, Jack Martin was a poor choice for him. I don't know why that match-up was allowed to continue for as long as it did.

Glad the boys gave it a real crack. Really thought we might get blown away after they got a couple of goals infront late but they fought hard and nearly snatched it.
Need to bring Currie in, atleast he can provide a contest. Some terrible skills and decision making from both teams made it a pretty ugly game to watch. Great finish tho. Watts killed us, that third tall player always does well against us.
Nullified Gawn in the 2nd half a bit more i thought once we started going third man up.

Geez Lynch is a star, take him out of the game and we would not have even got close.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back