Preview Round 2 vs Collingwood - 11th June 2020 @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting to only go in with one ruckman.

Balme's response is usually "going with the best side"

and what a bloody traffic jam it is

Markov has been something of a March champion and this Covid interrupted season is like an extended March …. by 2 months
if someone hasn't returned full fit I can imagine Markov looking good on the training track, I know all the negative stuff about him but the Club has faith in him

Higgins , I could see him willing himself into the side at someone else's expense , the extra time will have been a bonus for him , he looks like he's in the main group so there's must be some chance

Missing a GF - Stack , Ross & K Mac , can be a make you or break you thing , I think we have the right environment for these guys to have come through it and be ok but they will have extra fire in the belly

Soldo , Nank or both ? A penny for the thoughts of the match committee , do we want a speed blitz ? We go with one , but which one ?
We caught sides out for a while with the Grigg as second ruck but the comp has largely caught up and have seemingly better practiced set plays for a weak opposition ruck so I think we'll go with both but geez could go anyway

Naish , CCJ , Balta - again the club has faith in these guys and they are being groomed as future 1st graders , my take is at other clubs they'd get a run , but with us they have to be patient

Who wont be in danger for the first game back , Baker Boy, this time last year he was a hopeful , … last years finals , this years pre season , rnd 1
so focused , hard working , clean hands , great vision, poise with ball in hand , my gut feel is he's earnt himself a couple of quiet games before he would be in danger of being dropped

only 7-8 years ago I could dream of a Richmond list with such depth

I reckon we are big winners in terms of this game with the delay. Pies were red hot in R1, I didn’t think we were going to win if R2 happened as normal and I’m as optimistic as they come.
Now there are so many unknowns, works in our favour massively.
I agree, they were in sizzling form and we had a couple of injury concerns from memory. Now all teams are as match fit as each other (i.e., not match fit at all) so I am much more confident heading into this game now than if R2 was a week after Round 1.

I reckon it may depend on who the opposition is. Against Grundy and the giant potato both ruckman could be the go.

I enjoyed re-watching CCJ's game in Dreamtime 2019. I wouldn't have thought he gets picked before Nank, but who knows? Dare I say it... Our ruck stocks look pretty solid.

I enjoyed re-watching CCJ's game in Dreamtime 2019. I wouldn't have thought he gets picked before Nank, but who knows? Dare I say it... Our ruck stocks look pretty solid.
I can't see anyone other than the premiership ruckmen getting first crack. For CCJ to get in, he would have to force Nank - or Soldo - out of the side.

Last edited:
Markov ... he might get a game if 10 other players are sick/ injured/ dead
Very optimistic here. I think there would have to be at least 15 injured before he gets a game.

I can't see anyone other than the premiership ruckman getting first crack. For CCJ to get in, he would have to force Nank - or Soldo - out of the side.
CCJ will be given game time against lesser sides than the Pies and when a ruckman is sore or injured.

I can't see anyone other than the premiership ruckman getting first crack. For CCJ to get in, he would have to force Nank - or Soldo - out of the side.

Absolutely. And with no ressies, it's difficult to see how CCJ would impress the selectors. Unless Nank blows his groin out again...

Does Nank or Soldo play? Can Soldo handle 95%+ TOG? I'd go for Soldo if he can after how he played against Grundy last year. 2 rucks is a waste with shorter quarters

Balme's response is usually "going with the best side"

and what a bloody traffic jam it is

Markov has been something of a March champion and this Covid interrupted season is like an extended March …. by 2 months
if someone hasn't returned full fit I can imagine Markov looking good on the training track, I know all the negative stuff about him but the Club has faith in him

Higgins , I could see him willing himself into the side at someone else's expense , the extra time will have been a bonus for him , he looks like he's in the main group so there's must be some chance

Missing a GF - Stack , Ross & K Mac , can be a make you or break you thing , I think we have the right environment for these guys to have come through it and be ok but they will have extra fire in the belly

Soldo , Nank or both ? A penny for the thoughts of the match committee , do we want a speed blitz ? We go with one , but which one ?
We caught sides out for a while with the Grigg as second ruck but the comp has largely caught up and have seemingly better practiced set plays for a weak opposition ruck so I think we'll go with both but geez could go anyway

Naish , CCJ , Balta - again the club has faith in these guys and they are being groomed as future 1st graders , my take is at other clubs they'd get a run , but with us they have to be patient

Who wont be in danger for the first game back , Baker Boy, this time last year he was a hopeful , … last years finals , this years pre season , rnd 1
so focused , hard working , clean hands , great vision, poise with ball in hand , my gut feel is he's earnt himself a couple of quiet games before he would be in danger of being dropped

only 7-8 years ago I could dream of a Richmond list with such depth
As shown against Port.Our system stacks up pretty well.
The only concern is with no vfl,How do we keep those outside best 24ish upbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon it may depend on who the opposition is. Against Grundy and the giant potato both ruckman could be the go.

Nank is fit and training well.

So will be playing, Tigers back to the 2 rucks whilst the others are playing 1 which is so 2017.

We did well double teaming Grundy last year he gets bashed all night with no relief against Soldo and Nank, and they can drop back in front of Lurch so he cant trip over himself and get all those bullshit in the back frees he gets for being unco AF and tipping over as he has no centre of gravity.

So, so sexy

I do reckon two rucks against Grundass and the Yank are the go, but no idea who to drop out for Nank tbh

Houli as he is apparently still not fit.

Neither was Stackie apparently and he hasn't been injured, he might well get a foot in the arse as a wake up.

I like Stack against the Pies he covers up better as a contested defender on the likes of Thomas or WHE and Elliot etc.

Does Nank or Soldo play? Can Soldo handle 95%+ TOG? I'd go for Soldo if he can after how he played against Grundy last year. 2 rucks is a waste with shorter quarters
I'd say Soldo, but boy gotta come back a different player to the Round 1 player we saw. Was not my favourite game from him.

Nankervis is fine, but I don't think he'll go well with rucks like Grundy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back