Preview Round 21 – GWS Giants vs Adelaide Crows, Saturday 11th August 2018, UNSW Canberra Oval, 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, night games in Canberra in winter...

Oh, dear, I’m not going to be able to drive down and back to see the game live.... in winter, at night, in Canberra.
Totally not really gutted at all.

Having done enough night games... in Canberra... in winter, to be missing this one concerns me not in the slightest.

Good luck to those that are attending, I shall sip my coffee while sitting on my comfortable lounge, in my warm house, and think of you - in Canberra... in winter... at night.

Oh, dear, I’m not going to be able to drive down and back to see the game live.... in winter, at night, in Canberra.

Having done enough night games... in Canberra... in winter, to be missing this one concerns me not in the slightest.

Good luck to those that are attending, I shall sip my coffee while sitting on my comfortable lounge, in my warm house, and think of you - in Canberra... in winter... at night.
:rolleyes:Down jacket, leather gloves and a positive attitude. A local tells me it probably wont drop below 4 anyway, relatively balmy.

When's the game?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

A bit like us the Crows aren't keen taggers. Riley Knight seems to get the "run with" roles though. He might take Whitfield is my guess, and play as a pressure forward.
Possibly Greenwood? I think he's underrated generally.

Greenwood does not have the tank to run with Whitfield or Kelly. I presume Knight will run with Kelly, but we (Crows) don’t really have a stopper that has the speed and endurance to go with Whitfield. Sloane and Gibbs play a bit of time up forward to add pressure and might play on him.

I watched you guys against the Blues (Carlton wife, Giants kids, Crows supporter living in Melbourne) and you guys looked awesome!

Greenwood does not have the tank to run with Whitfield or Kelly. I presume Knight will run with Kelly, but we (Crows) don’t really have a stopper that has the speed and endurance to go with Whitfield. Sloane and Gibbs play a bit of time up forward to add pressure and might play on him.

I watched you guys against the Blues (Carlton wife, Giants kids, Crows supporter living in Melbourne) and you guys looked awesome!
Tks
Just a thought from me, not an expert on your list.
Form is interesting, I do rate Port this year, but showdowns are different.
Our guys presumably slept well Sunday night. Your guys might be coming down from an emotional game?

You guys are wussy; Homebush at night can be freezing. At Manuka, you just have to tell yourself that beers over the road at the Public after a win will warm you up in no time flat.

That's quite a selling point - it's so cold the beer tastes warm. See, I'd call that "lose-lose".

http://m.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2018...tter&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=Rd21Rehab

ebf73f12d75b3be4b844b36a24284bb1.jpg

Looks like the four injuries will be definite outs then.

Shiel and Taranto in for Greene and Deledio, that's easy.
Given Corr is still a week away, Tomlinson probably gets pushed back for Taylor and we bring back in Reid.
Lobb goes into the ruck for Dawson, HH does chop outs - Griffen comes in to the forward line.

Assuming they all pass their tests. There's very limited options in the reserves unless we bring in Keeffe or Finlayson as a role player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the four injuries will be definite outs then.

Shiel and Taranto in for Greene and Deledio, that's easy.
Given Corr is still a week away, Tomlinson probably gets pushed back for Taylor and we bring back in Reid.
Lobb goes into the ruck for Dawson, HH does chop outs - Griffen comes in to the forward line.

Assuming they all pass their tests. There's very limited options in the reserves unless we bring in Keeffe or Finlayson as a role player.
Toby is the big negative I was hoping wouldn't happen, a setback now with him running up to speed with 3 rounds to go is seriously bad.
Tomlinson back I get, but he'd be missed on the wing, and running forward and presenting in the 50.
The Crows have a powerful set of tall forwards, if there's a suitable matchup maybe Keefe? If he can control Jenkins a lot of the time with Davis taking Walker.

Last edited:
TOJ for Taylor, keep Tommo on the wing/roaming/ruck chop

Taranto and Shiel for Lids and Green

Griff for Simpson - Lobb to ruck.

Reid only if one of the others don’t come up.

Bad news on the injury front and hopefully those players make it back this year that can and the others will have a speedy recovery
My team for the Crows game
Looking at the changes
Taylor-Keefe
Greene-Reid
Simpson-TT
Deledio-Griffen
I can see Corr missing another week and the ticking to be shared between the 5 talls and I think Tomlinson and HH may play back for some of the game depending on how many talls the Crows play but if the mids can get on top there should be some protection for the defenders

Shaw Davis Buntine
Whitfield Keefe Haynes
Kelly Ward Tomlinson
MDB Cameron TT
Langdon HH Griffen
Lobb Coniglio Hopper
Bonar Daniels Kennedy Reid

Tks
Just a thought from me, not an expert on your list.
Form is interesting, I do rate Port this year, but showdowns are different.
Our guys presumably slept well Sunday night. Your guys might be coming down from an emotional game?

I did some some R coding with the FitzRoy AFL Stats package a few months ago to ask the same question - mainly looking at Port. I had assumed Port treated the Showdown as their 'Grand Final' so would lose more the next round. Port have a 51% winning record, a 50% Showdown record and a 44% winning record post Showdown. The Crows on the other hand had the same winning record post Showdown as their long term average!

So to answer your question "Your guys might be coming down from an emotional game?". No. But you want to play Port post Showdowns :)

I did some some R coding with the FitzRoy AFL Stats package a few months ago to ask the same question - mainly looking at Port. I had assumed Port treated the Showdown as their 'Grand Final' so would lose more the next round. Port have a 51% winning record, a 50% Showdown record and a 44% winning record post Showdown. The Crows on the other hand had the same winning record post Showdown as their long term average!

So to answer your question "Your guys might be coming down from an emotional game?". No. But you want to play Port post Showdowns :)
Fair enough
There are false perceptions.

Too many possible permutations for me to try and guess this week. History suggests not all the players listed as tests do get up, but I can hope.
Bonar to stay and we dont fiddle with the two terriers in the forward line in Langdon and Daniels, is what I want to happen.

Too many possible permutations for me to try and guess this week. History suggests not all the players listed as tests do get up, but I can hope.
Bonar to stay and we dont fiddle with the two terriers in the forward line in Langdon and Daniels, is what I want to happen.
with so many injuries I think maintaining continuity is the challenge. That said, 4 out 4 in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back