Up the Coasters Round 21- Positives and more positives v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Im so proud!!!!!!!! That's the effort I wanted to see all year and I got it. We are not as bad as it seems. Last two weeks we've turned a corner! Did you all see McGovern talking to the boys after the game? Very animated! I'm so proud. Hate to lose but this was a wonderful display and feels like a win!

+
Maric - clutch in the big moments, looking like a future star.
L.Edwards - Play him in his natural position and he delivers. Should play through the middle for the rest of the season and beyond.
Kelly - Lead the midfield from the front, effort and pressure was there today along with his usual class.

Plenty more positives as well, those 3 stood out for me.

Biggest negative- supporters on here cheering for a loss from a team that is growing quickly
Supporters wanting to retain access to the likely best young player in Australia have a perfectly valid point if that is their preference over a close win in a dead rubber. Doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Supporters wanting to retain access to the likely best young player in Australia have a perfectly valid point if that is their preference over a close win in a dead rubber. Doesn't make them any less of a supporter.

just like that time Richmond beat Melbourne in R18 2009, which led to them finishing 2nd last and losing the number 1 draft pick

bet they picked up some spud, who was it again?

just like that time Richmond beat Melbourne in R18 2009, which led to them finishing 2nd last and losing the number 1 draft pick

bet they picked up some spud, who was it again?
Don't get me wrong. I'm proud that our club categorically isn't tanking and left it all out there in pursuit of a win. I'm just not crying crocodile tears that we fell marginally short.

Last edited:
A little unlucky in the end, we ran out the game well. I thought we were better for longer bar that 15-20 mins in the second quarter which continues to plague us.

Really liking seeing our younger boys start to really contribute. Still need a couple of preseasons but the foundation is being set. You can see them all building each week.

We look so much better when we move the ball quickly. It’s why I hope we persist with Petrucelle in the middle he gives us something different.

Essendon walk away with the win but I think they aren’t going to seriously challenge for a while. Like St kilda I think the ladder position flatters them somewhat.

I don't know if this quite makes sense, but we felt like a proper rebuilding team for the first time, in the positive sense.

Everybody was cracking in but it wasn't quite good enough. There were skill errors by young and old alike but we tried to make a contest of everything.

The young have time to remove some of the youthful mistakes, and the old will hopefully play enough games to sharpen up and shepherd them through.

It also felt like the youth owned the team for the first time. B Williams, Hewett, Maric, Long, even J williams, second half Chesser etc fought it out. And the 'elder youth' like Allen, Witherden, Cole, Petch, even Duggan took charge.

Hunt remains one of the pickups of the year.

Pretty good?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back