Autopsy Round 22, 2019: Hawthorn defeats the Suns and Roughie kicks six

Remove this Banner Ad

So good for Rough, loved seeing it. Filled me with so much warmth.

Worpel on the other hand. Thirteen clearances, something only achieved by 3 others in Hawks colours:

Titch
Mitch
Crawf
Not true.

Paul Salmon got 22 clearances in one game. To do that he has to get 13 on the way.

Good win

Good percentage booster

Good to send Rough out'

But lets read nothing else into that game.
I don't know the GC list too well but I am hoping for their sake they were missing a chunk of senior players. They would struggle at VFL level.

Such a bittersweet feeling after that game.

Great to see Rough turn the clock back a bit and get a bag, we've missed the player he was and soon the club will miss the man he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately get stock standard answers saying protocol. 😕
Next would be ombudsman to get a review of the protocol. If enough complain something has to be done (aka how to manipulate a corporate entity)

Didn’t like the 2nd minute applause. Seems redundant for a full forward who’s going to kick goals
Not to mention the last time the crowd did was after Rough specifically asked them not to and it put us off our game. Same thing happened this time around. We had in locked in our fifty, everyone started clapping, GC end up with a shot on goal. Wasn't impressed.

Such a bittersweet feeling after that game.

Great to see Rough turn the clock back a bit and get a bag, we've missed the player he was and soon the club will miss the man he is.
Well said
#alwaysHawthorn
Didn’t anyone notice the tee that Birch had made with the large JR and the Jordanesque image of Roughy kicking?
Yeah noticed that and thought it looked great. It should be made available on the Hawks nest

Roughs last goal was classic, reminded me of his random snaps from 50 he'd try and often make every week, before he cleaned up his game a bit.

In the last minute he turned his back on the ball and just walked away exhausted. Gave everything to put on a show.

I tell you what - Huddo's famous "THIRTEEEEN!" call was awesome, but after watching the replay, his call of Roughie's last goal was equally as good, I reckon.

All in the timing - "Here we go. Gunston... sets his sights... on Roughead!" Pause for effect and then "YES!"

Spine-tingling stuff.

That was a lot of fun. Crowd was fully immersed and the players were aware and did their part.

Really satisfying way to celebrate a champion.
Absolutely. It felt more like a testimonial game than a proper match of AFL footy. Guess the fact there were only 15 Gold Coast supporters in attendance added to this feel. All up it was a pretty unique and enjoyable day, and fitting end to the champ's career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back