Preview Round 22, 2021 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
1628423157151.png 1628423176939.png

We're getting down to the business end now! The equation is simple, win and we're in the Top 4! Who knows where and when this match will be played, though?

Form:
Port Adelaide:
3rd, 15-5
Carlton: 13th, 8-12

Last Time We Met:

Head To Head:

1628423400116.png

Some chance that both Sam Walsh and Harry McKay miss with injury.

Well it's all there before us now. The weekends results could not have been kinder.

Win and top 4 is guaranteed, but win the next 2 and we are guaranteed top 2. If Melbourne lose tomorrow, the minor premiership also comes into play.

Had we not blown so many percentage building opportunities it might be an even easier equation, but ah well our destiny is in our hands.

It's time for the team now to start hitting our strides. We're 15-5 and still yet to really play well. It's been a grind, the footy has been cumbersome, we've fought through adversity, gotten the results and made the incredibly easy look incredibly difficult. Now is the time to start demonstrating we can be something more than 'good'.

I want to win, I want to win comfortably, but most importantly I want to see some clean skills, some disciplined defence and a forward line that can do damage in September.

Let's see it.

Let me be the first to congratulate Travis Boak on breaking the Port Adelaide AFL games record this weekend :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Let me be the first to congratulate Travis Boak on breaking the Port Adelaide AFL games record this weekend :clapping::clapping::clapping:
Erm ... I think you might be the last to congratulate Travis on that.

Can we have a day game for once? Can't believe I'm saying this but I'm getting sick of night home games.

No. Prime time and a chance to get there.
We got aircraft out of Adelaide past curfew on a previous occasion or at least had it set up.
Carlton/Port would rate well at 7.00pm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it's all there before us now. The weekends results could not have been kinder.

Win and top 4 is guaranteed, but win the next 2 and we are guaranteed top 2. If Melbourne lose tomorrow, the minor premiership also comes into play.

Had we not blown so many percentage building opportunities it might be an even easier equation, but ah well our destiny is in our hands.

It's time for the team now to start hitting our strides. We're 15-5 and still yet to really play well. It's been a grind, the footy has been cumbersome, we've fought through adversity, gotten the results and made the incredibly easy look incredibly difficult. Now is the time to start demonstrating we can be something more than 'good'.

I want to win, I want to win comfortably, but most importantly I want to see some clean skills, some disciplined defence and a forward line that can do damage in September.

Let's see it.
I hadn't worked that out yet, awesome.

You'd have to think GWS v Richmond would be Friday night. Both sides playing for the 8th spot.
Geelong v StKilda is another big game with the Saints still an unlikely chance of 8th.

Every other game is between top and bottom sides.
In the last round we'll probably play the Dogs on Friday night, Melbourne V Geelong Satdy night. So you'd think we'd have to be shaping as a Saturday day game this week. Maybe Satdy Twilight. Satdy night would only happen if Ch 7 thinks it's the best move for ratings back into Vic I guess.

Last edited:
Season over, nothing for Carlton to play for. This is the type of game they show up for. We need to be ruthless.

Was Todd Marshall injured last week?

Do you expect him to return this week?

Sounds like we're playing Friday night against the Scray in round 23 so I reckon this game will be Saturday 4:10.
If that's the case, I hope our SANFL game is moved to Sunday. It's at 2:30pm the same day.

Was Todd Marshall injured last week?

Do you expect him to return this week?
He was the sub, they just went with a shorter forward line and Robbie Gray came in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back