Preview Round 22, 2021 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

He loves playing against us
Don’t be surprised if he has one good game left in the tank for port.
They tried the same with Burgoyne, he was s**t 😂

Beat them so badly they sack Teague on the spot, so we can sign him to replace Bassett as forwards coach for the finals.

I'm hoping Voss is looking to land the killer blow here and open up his new job.

Percentage boost for us, new job for him.

I'm trying to manifest this TeeKray okay calm down, you're hurting the vibe. I really hate Carlton, there smugness makes no sense.

For 25 years they have only been relevant for #1 picks, firing Coaches and Chris Judd. Yet the media spend more time talking about this rubbish "club" than any other team outside of Essendon. My third favourite team to beat.

That's why I don't watch ANY football shows anymore. The AFL is so obviously corrupt and the media is fully complicit.

That was the beginning of 2017, almost 5 full seasons ago. Our wins against them since have been much more narrow.

Penultimate minor round game of 2017, so a while ago but similar circumstances.

I'm not resting anyone this wk win them can flirt with form for the last game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what on earth could be the justification for that???

Justification on 99% of covid rules, regulations and restrictions went out the window a long time ago.

For instance - the border into NT, ACT, NSW, TAS and VIC is open to people who have been in SA in the last 14 days - the only restriction is that VIC requires isolating until receiving a negative test result upon arrival into the state. QLD and WA however have designated SA a "covid hotspot" which means if you enter either state, automatic 14 day quarantine is mandatory. The date that QLD declared SA a covid hotspot was July 22 at 1am. Since that time, SA has not had a single case of community transmission that has not been in isolation for the full duration of their infectious period, nor have they had any mystery cases. Every single case announced after the designation of the hotspot was in quarantine at the time of the positive test. Additionally, SA has lessened restrictions and not had any escalation in the number of covid cases (it has remained at zero). Yet apparently we are high risk for bringing in covid into WA and QLD, but the other states' health advice says we are of the lowest risk possible. "Science."

Or should I mention the 14 day quarantine requirement for anyone returning to SA from ACT despite ACT not having a case of community transmission in over 6 months. Then you contrast that to QLD which is justifying its border closure to SA because of its close proximity to NSW and VIC, whilst QLD's border is open to ACT despite the ACT being landlocked by the most covid infested state in Australia (NSW).

Just look at the rules at pubs. Sit down with a drink in front of you - no mask. Stand up to stretch your legs - can't have a drink in your hand, need a mask.

Heck, take a look at Spurrier today. Wanted more restrictions on density arrangements etc as a "handbrake" to prevent the likelihood of infections, yet if there is a single mystery case that tests positive in our state, the expectation is that we will go into lockdown 99.9% of the time. Density arrangements, use of masks etc aren't going to prevent a single case coming into our state and preventing the inevitable (a lockdown).

There is no consistency other than the expectation that the rules, regulations and restrictions are not going to be logical, nor are they going to make sense to the layperson. Blind leading the blind at this point.

Hope the blues won’t lift for mmurphy’s 300th, dunno what it is with carlolton & having players notch their 300th’s against us
He’s been sitting on the medical sub bench for a fair while- I doubt there is much care around his ‘achievement’. Similar to when Kane got gifted a 300th game after stating the game had gone past him. You’ve got to earn your selection- not sure Murphy has

So Port are 1 of only 2 teams Marc Murphy has a winning record against in his career (the other I shall not name, but they like their club name spelt all in capitals). And that's even with Carlton having not beaten us since 2016! What an awful record we compiled against such a woeful team for a long period there.

Justification on 99% of covid rules, regulations and restrictions went out the window a long time ago.

For instance - the border into NT, ACT, NSW, TAS and VIC is open to people who have been in SA in the last 14 days - the only restriction is that VIC requires isolating until receiving a negative test result upon arrival into the state. QLD and WA however have designated SA a "covid hotspot" which means if you enter either state, automatic 14 day quarantine is mandatory. The date that QLD declared SA a covid hotspot was July 22 at 1am. Since that time, SA has not had a single case of community transmission that has not been in isolation for the full duration of their infectious period, nor have they had any mystery cases. Every single case announced after the designation of the hotspot was in quarantine at the time of the positive test. Additionally, SA has lessened restrictions and not had any escalation in the number of covid cases (it has remained at zero). Yet apparently we are high risk for bringing in covid into WA and QLD, but the other states' health advice says we are of the lowest risk possible. "Science."

Or should I mention the 14 day quarantine requirement for anyone returning to SA from ACT despite ACT not having a case of community transmission in over 6 months. Then you contrast that to QLD which is justifying its border closure to SA because of its close proximity to NSW and VIC, whilst QLD's border is open to ACT despite the ACT being landlocked by the most covid infested state in Australia (NSW).

Just look at the rules at pubs. Sit down with a drink in front of you - no mask. Stand up to stretch your legs - can't have a drink in your hand, need a mask.

Heck, take a look at Spurrier today. Wanted more restrictions on density arrangements etc as a "handbrake" to prevent the likelihood of infections, yet if there is a single mystery case that tests positive in our state, the expectation is that we will go into lockdown 99.9% of the time. Density arrangements, use of masks etc aren't going to prevent a single case coming into our state and preventing the inevitable (a lockdown).

There is no consistency other than the expectation that the rules, regulations and restrictions are not going to be logical, nor are they going to make sense to the layperson. Blind leading the blind at this point.
Mate - no argument from me. I found it amusing on Saturday night: after the game, both coaches were on the ground wearing masks, but none of the players had them on - clearly only coaches can contract the virus in that scenario :drunk:.

My favourite was this.

My best mate came over to Perth from Melbourne on Christmas Eve last year. I spent every day with him up to New Year's Eve. On New Year's Eve, it was announced that a case had been discovered in Melbourne dating back to 21 December. So the WA government ordered anyone who had been in Melbourne since that date into immediate isolation. But do you think the guy who had spent a whole week with the guy who supposedly had covid was ordered into isolation or even advised to get tested? Nah, of course not.

"Science" and "health advice".

My favourite was this.

My best mate came over to Perth from Melbourne on Christmas Eve last year. I spent every day with him up to New Year's Eve. On New Year's Eve, it was announced that a case had been discovered in Melbourne dating back to 21 December. So the WA government ordered anyone who had been in Melbourne since that date into immediate isolation. But do you think the guy who had spent a whole week with the guy who supposedly had covid was ordered into isolation or even advised to get tested? Nah, of course not.

"Science" and "health advice".

I went to Adelaide last year, around November I think? Came back to Tas, went to work for a week then they discovered the pizza box outbreak. I had to go into quarantine for a week despite circulating in the community for a week already. Every other one of my close contacts I saw everyday, nah she's right don't worry about it.

I do kind of get that though because if you start isolating contacts of contacts, do you then isolate contacts of contacts of contacts? And where do you stop? Eventually, 6 degrees of separation and all that, it just becomes a lockdown. I was at the port Collingwood game and had to isolate at home with my son for 2 weeks, but my wife and daughter who share the house with us, and share bedrooms etc only had to get tested and return a negative test and they were free to come and go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back