Preview Round 22, 2021 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Youd assume peter and if mots comes in probably spp/bergman gives way.

Bassett was pretty critical of the forwards inability to hold their shape without todd.

Ha Todd. Our 23rd best player is the key to our forward structure. Sack Bassett.

Liam Jones our for them too. Without Jones and McKay at each end we should certainly be looking for a decent win and I hope to hell we finally see some good ball movement.

Liam Jones our for them too. Without Jones and McKay at each end we should certainly be looking for a decent win and I hope to hell we finally see some good ball movement.
If we're serious then yes, we should see some good ball movement. Carlton team defence is non-existent. They rely on Jones and Weitering to mop up the lack of defensive structure. Jones in particular has an insane one-on-one record this year.

I hope the fixtures for this round are announced by tonight
We're getting to the point that you'd think we'll have to go into a hub in Perth or Adelaide, maybe QLD, to get this season done. Otherwise the govt is going to have to allow sterile corridors in/out of SA and Vic.

Maybe they can get Carlton in and out, but what happens when we go in to play the Dogs? This is getting very messy. I really want to win both games, finish top 2 and have a couple home finals, but who knows if we'll be allowed to anyway?

We know our game will be Saturday this week, but where I guess might even be a mystery right up until Friday given Vic's case numbers.

Spuds who tear us apart™ candidates for them this week: Levi Casboult and Mitch McGovern

Marc "s**t truck" Murphy is retiring after the game.

Look, 300 games is a great achievement, but it's cheapened by hobbling your way there when you clearly aren't afl standard anymore. His last 3 games he's been the medical sub. That should not count as official games. I don't like it.

Hope SPP lines him up and the first bounce (fairly) and smashes the campaigner.

Marc "sh*t truck" Murphy is retiring after the game.

Look, 300 games is a great achievement, but it's cheapened by hobbling your way there when you clearly aren't afl standard anymore. His last 3 games he's been the medical sub. That should not count as official games. I don't like it.

Hope SPP lines him up and the first bounce (fairly) and smashes the campaigner.

It's not his fault the Carlton Football Club have selected him, but I agree the medical sub thing is a loophole introduced by Clarkson to get Burgoyne to 400.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The interesting thing for this week and the following is neither Carlton or Bulldogs have a second ruckman.
I am thinking we will go Todd in and Ladhams out.
Ladhams to play SANFL as first ruck to get some ruck form.

I enjoyed the schadenfreude earlier in the season from delusional Carlton fans when we made it absolutely obvious they were also-rans. They have this insane amount of YouTubers that host podcasts and previews. It was like watching a funeral with these guys, they were so cocksure heading into the game that they were going to smash a fake top 8 side we broke them. Mentally, spiritually, completely.

I hope we beat them so bad Teague is fired before the press conference. No Jones, no McKay, Marc Murphy is playing 😂 I fully expect us to treat this with the disdain it deserves a smashing of unprecedented destruction. 135 points.

You'd think the weekend just gone would caution people against thinking any game is going to be a walk in the park, but apparently not.

Carlton have a decent team on paper and have always been competitive against us in recent years, albeit they haven't been able to beat us. I also think the Marc Murphy factor will be big and we should be anticipating a very hot start from them.

I still expect a win but more in the 3-4 goal range.

You'd think the weekend just gone would caution people against thinking any game is going to be a walk in the park, but apparently not.

Carlton have a decent team on paper and have always been competitive against us in recent years, albeit they haven't been able to beat us. I also think the Marc Murphy factor will be big and we should be anticipating a very hot start from them.

We did beat them by about 100 points not so long ago in a game in similar circumstances, but I agree, our record this season suggests an arm wrestle is more likely.

Yep - there's careers on the line here, and if the Blues don't "show up", their delistings may be plentiful. So we need to be ready to face Carlton at their best.

Hope the blues won’t lift for mmurphy’s 300th, dunno what it is with carlolton & having players notch their 300th’s against us

I hope they do.. better prep for the finals..

I'm trying to manifest this TeeKray okay calm down, you're hurting the vibe. I really hate Carlton, there smugness makes no sense.

For 25 years they have only been relevant for #1 picks, firing Coaches and Chris Judd. Yet the media spend more time talking about this rubbish "club" than any other team outside of Essendon. My third favourite team to beat.

We did beat them by about 100 points not so long ago in a game in similar circumstances, but I agree, our record this season suggests an arm wrestle is more likely.

That was the beginning of 2017, almost 5 full seasons ago. Our wins against them since have been much more narrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back