Review Round 22, 2022 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

i laughed but this makes me feel a bit sad.

the combination of it being 4 A4 sheets of paper sticky taped together, the bubble primary school block letters (at least spelt correctly), the shoddy red and black colouring in, the blank stare....

i shouldn't think about it so much but there's no way this bloke is all there mentally
I think I spot a wedding ring... Good for them

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

What was actually achieved tonight?
I cannot understand the attitude of the coaches in this game - yes, we gained some percentage, raised ourselves a position on the ladder and sent Essendon tumbling below the Crows. But in a dead rubber, all this equates to is a worse draft pick, a false dawn and vindication for the stubborn powerbrokers that want stability,

We could have given Bergman and SPP some midfield minutes. We didn't. We could have seen if Marshall could play CHB. Not considered. Even art selection, we had a chance to blood Lord as a KPD, and give Hayes a chance to prove he has progressed. Nope.

I have never been less impressed with an 84 point win.

* me, actually got a message from a happy clapper saying #promotehinkley.

Far out.

The week to week mentality, the celebration of meaningless wins, the thinking that beating 15th is somehow vindication..... it's just such utter ignorant nonsense.

10 years of trends. Extremely predictable results. Record service time for Hinkley. And people are still living week to week when considering his position.

Last edited:
c7y1IpZ.gif

*in' useless Bombres.

i need a TRUCKLOAD to fill me up!

We could have seen if Marshall could play CHB. Not considered. Even art selection, we had a chance to blood Lord as a KPD, and give Hayes a chance to prove he has progressed. Nope.
I liked your post, except these 3 references.

1. Marshall should never leave the forward line.
2. The club should stop ******* with Lord in the backline, he has been embarrassing back there. In 1 qtr this week up forward he was far more valuable than he had been the other 3.
3. Hayes was suspended, but if he wasn't I would've agreed with you.

Essendon were so bad today, they would of struggled to beat a team full of amputees in a form slump. I’ve bitten into marshmallows harder then that lot, but no doubt Koch will use that performance to sign up Ken to another 5 year extension.

I’m happy to pack Amon‘s bags & drop him off across the border if it nets us an end of 1st rounder, likewise, DBJ but would take whatever we can get.

My greatest fear is losing Bergman in the off season for peanuts, because that’s what nice clubs do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I cannot understand the attitude of the coaches in this game - yes, we gained some percentage, raised ourselves a position on the ladder and sent Essendon tumbling below the Crows. But in a dead rubber, all this equates to is a worse draft pick, a false dawn and vindication for the stubborn powerbrokers that want stability,

We could have given Bergman and SPP some midfield minutes. We didn't. We could have seen if Marshall could play CHB. Not considered. Even art selection, we had a chance to blood Lord as a KPD, and give Hayes a chance to prove he has progressed. Nope.

Jeez why would you move Marshall to the back lines mate?

Agree with almost all of that.

But you don't move Marshall around for shits n giggles. When you have a young key forward breaking out, you leave him where he belongs, even in dead rubbers.

* me, actually got a message from a happy clapper saying #promotehinkley.

Far out.

The week to week mentality, the celebration of meaningless wins, the thinking that beating 15th is somehow vindication..... it's just such utter ignorant nonsense.

10 years of trends. Extremely predictable results. Record service time for Hinkley. And people are still living week to week when considering his position.
Promote Hinkley to what? What is above coach? Certainly nothing pay wise. Maybe on the ladder though? Promote to head of football?

Sure, why not, at least he won't be coach anymore!

Wait to finals and watch the good teams, that's my plan for the remainder of the year.
I can't even get to that, I feel that if I'm not invested in a team, i just cant enjoy the sport. Umpires treating professional footballers as if they're primary school students. Commentators repeating the same useless info 10 times a game. And rarely seeing anything outside of defence first, most football instinct being coached out of the players.
Like I'm only 23 but the sport is pretty much dead to me.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't even get to that, I feel that if I'm not invested in a team, i just cant enjoy the sport. Umpires treating professional footballers as if they're primary school students. Commentators repeating the same useless info 10 times a game. And rarely seeing anything outside of defence first, most football instinct being coached out of the players.
Like I'm only 23 but the sport is pretty much dead to me.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Winning games usually helps, but not after 10 years under this shite er. Take a break till we get a new coach.

Aliir proved tonight he should be playing on the big key forwards. He stopped Lynch last week when he was finally shifted on to him and completely shut out Peter Wright, who is coming 4th in the Coleman in a dogshit team. He is great in the 1 on 1 and has the strength and height to go with them. Yea his intercept marking is great, but his defending is better. Look at Grimes or Steven May or Lever. Still play on the #1 forwards, but still take a heap of intercept marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back