Autopsy Round 23 – Melbourne Demons vs GWS Giants, Sunday 26th August 2018, MCG, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope so.

It's one hell of a trek I'm making in almost 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
I hope plenty do, I wont be even though it's 40 mins from home.
I've sat amongst plenty of opposition home supporters, but the swans are the worst by far.
Sore losers and even worse as winners

On reflection, how surprising was that performance really, on the back of the workload the guys have had onfield dealing with ingame injuries, to only have 15 fit players at traning on Tuesday, it shouldn't have been as big a surprise as it was to me that as a team they were constantly a step behind the opposition.

2 weeks off, at least 4 or 5 players coming in that improve the side, I am feeling very optimistic about the Swans game.
What's reassuring for me is knowing the boys can adjust after only 1 week.

After that Essendon loss, which was one of the more frustrating losses we've had this season, we bounced back within a week to beat the Crows in Adelaide, and really hit our strides after that. Hopefully we can replicate that attitude change.

On reflection, how surprising was that performance really, on the back of the workload the guys have had onfield dealing with ingame injuries, to only have 15 fit players at traning on Tuesday, it shouldn't have been as big a surprise as it was to me that as a team they were constantly a step behind the opposition.

2 weeks off, at least 4 or 5 players coming in that improve the side, I am feeling very optimistic about the Swans game.
I seriously think we beat the Swans in two weeks. we will seven changes from our loss a couple of weeks ago (all good ins)

Hopefully in the 2 weeks, the boys will have a nice refresher but more importantly work on tackling technique and goal kicking. When we bounced back against the crows our tackle count in the first quarter set the tone for the rest of the match. Gotta look at sticking the tackles too since everyone would have noticed how many times we committed 2-3 people to a tackle and let the demons player wrong foot us or twist and sneak a handball out to a free man. It was embarassing by the end of the night.

The goal kicking has been a big problem all season for all our players with the exception of himmelberg lately. I was at the match and Jezza in particular was pretty undisciplined in the warm up, practising like dribble shots and soccer kicks rather than just the bare bone basic drop punt which he seems to have trouble kicking. Sure he has talent but everyone needs to go back to drilling the basics.

Managed to watch the game and close to turning it off in the third quarter players just lacking effort and desire and losing structures too easy, plenty of work for some of the players to do in the short and long term
Positives
No injuries (Not sure on Lobb, sore back?)
Kennedy had a strong game and good to see his running game
Perryman had a good game and maybe he is better as a small defender, I always thought that would be his position long term or he could be a utility like Reid
Another strong game from Coniglio
Negatives
Lack of structure
Too many bottom end players in the 22
Some players had very below average games but well played to the Demons as they had the desire and skills to win

I assume now you have had some time to calm down after the game you realize this is ridiculous right?

Ridiculous yes, but I’d back the staff if they decided to do this, HH - the one player I have been bagging most of the season, has shown lots more than Cameron.

I don’t doubt his ability, I think he’s just in go with the flow mode and looking for an easy goal here and there.... I just feel that he’s not giving 100% compared to other players and he needs a good reality check.

Ridiculous yes, but I’d back the staff if they decided to do this, HH - the one player I have been bagging most of the season, has shown lots more than Cameron.

I don’t doubt his ability, I think he’s just in go with the flow mode and looking for an easy goal here and there.... I just feel that he’s not giving 100% compared to other players and he needs a good reality check.
Dropping our best forward and leading goal kicker is ludicrous

Remove this Banner Ad

Back