Autopsy Round 23, 2022: Dogs beat Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Denver called for front-on contact when going for a mark with eyes on the ball.

Have they somehow changed the rule so the guy flying with the flight of the ball isn't allowed to go for it anymore?

******* s**t
Got his hand to it 1st?

Disappointing ending but I thought it was a respectable performance. Saunders looked great early on, Gunston another bag, Sicily an elite performance - he'd better make the AA team. I'm happier about where we are right now than I have been in years and excited to see what happens next season, just need to fix the midfield issues before we can get back in the mix for finals.

Big improvement on our previous outing vs the Bullies. A few players faded but there were a lot of positive signs. The backline held up very well and both Saunders and Long had creditable first outings. Sam Mitchell has had a great start to his coaching career and there is a lot of upside ahead.

We've got the worst midfield in the comp by a mile. Just recruit only mids and trade Mitchell. His entire game hurts this side now.

Gunston an unbelievable performance. Give him 2 years.

DGB best game for the club.

Ward very good.

Day played well for 25 touches.

Long had a decent debut.

Now the fun starts.....
I don't disagree with your point on Mitchell, but this could get worse before it gets better. Of the top 8 players today for clearances, there was only one Hawk ... Mitchell.
Maybe Worpel gets a clear run at it next year and changes things. But we still need more.

just got home from the game, was one of the colder games for the year.

We are closer to a flag than the dogs.

backline held up well, DGB best game for the club. Sic & Hardwick were brilliant.

midfield is just BOG average but we new that, look forward to what we roll through there next season.

Must keep Gunston, pay him $650k for the next 4 yrs.

Throwing the ball is a skill need to work on, we were beaten by a better team in the end but FMD the umpiring was shitfull.

So pleased Naughton is a bulldog they deserve each other.

thanks BiG Boy , look forward to watching your off spring in the future.

Saunders showed something and I was pleasantly surprised with Long - thought he was better than most of what I’d seen at BH. Lots to like about a lot of kids, but we still rely massively on Gunston, Bruest, Sis and BB.

We desperately need a clearance mid with the ability to burst clear and deliver it lace out.

Saunders showed something and I was pleasantly surprised with Long - thought he was better than most of what I’d seen at BH. Lots to like about a lot of kids, but we still rely massively on Gunston, Bruest, Sis and BB.

We desperately need a clearance mid with the ability to burst clear and deliver it lace out.
That would be Newcombe - Ward and MacDonald as well maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers Big Boy! What an outstanding workhorse he's been for us. Couldn't watch the game but happy to hear they gave it a go. See you all next year to take a big step up!!

We've got the worst midfield in the comp by a mile. Just recruit only mids and trade Mitchell. His entire game hurts this side now.

Gunston an unbelievable performance. Give him 2 years.

DGB best game for the club.

Ward very good.

Day played well for 25 touches.

Long had a decent debut.

Now the fun starts.....
Mitchell in a gun mid field could be great. Wonder if any team will pounce

Overall, a few bright points to look at with a fair few quality youngsters playing good footy.

Not sure if anyone has caught the Sam Mitchell press conference yet - but absolute class by jumping in and addressing the members and the journey straight up is just another matter that highlights Mitchell's class. The future is in great hands.

Mitchell in a gun mid field could be great. Wonder if any team will pounce
If there's anyone who should, it would have to be Brisbane. They require a leader who can step up when they need one most, which Mitchell would be, and he seems to fit their gameplan. Tom Mitchell never gives up, whereas the likes of Neale had already given up by the third quarter on Friday night.

Trading Mitchell could basically ensure that our young mids don't come up in a competitive side, when you look at how a lot of teams have rebuilt, there's a lot of talent that flamed out early on because they had to carry too heavy a responsibility against grown men.
We’d still have JOM, who looks like the obvious candidate to be our next captain.

Echoing others thoughts but our midfield is absolutely woeful. The overhaul continues in this space prior to any discernable improvement.
Our games in Tassie seems to help us - can get smashed in midfield but remain competitve as we use the ground way better than other teams.

None of our mids outside Mitchell can really consistently win the ball in the contest/centre against elite opposition. Mitchell’s was getting to the drop but his hands were slightly off and our mids were spreading too early/wide asking him to hit long handballs under the pump when a 2-3m handball was on.

But for all the criticism he had 3 centre clearences from 11 attendance. Jai has zero (!) from 18 CBA and JOM 1/15. Ward had zero total clearances and o/12 in the centre.

The fact Gunston and Breust can regularly kick bags with our midfield and such limited opportunity shows how bloody good they are. They’re papering over some cracks up forward. Appears a greater than zero chance one of them leaves.

We’d still have JOM, who looks like the obvious candidate to be our next captain.
Jaeger can often go in and out of games. Sicily is our next captain imo and i don't think we can rely on Jaeger to be the leader to stand up and lead our midfield, through actions.

He seems a good vocal leader and one at training, but his actions don't show it often enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back