Game Day Round 23, North Melbourne vs GWS Giants, Sat 27th August, 7.25pm, Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

No, I'd expect it the other way around. "People have seen what I can do over the season, why go all out for a club that doesn't want me?"
Nope it will be the other way round unfortunately

They will be playing for either their last shot at a flag or an audition for another shot at another club

Personally I wish it wasn't this week

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L09 using Tapatalk

It'll be a taste of finals-like atmosphere, a perfect dress rehearsal for when/if we get past the first week of finals and have to travel to play.
Challenges coming thick and fast at this end of the year.

Nope it will be the other way round unfortunately

They will be playing for either their last shot at a flag or an audition for another shot at another club

Personally I wish it wasn't this week

Bring it on.

We'll be right mate.

Pretty similar thoughts to the West Coast game in terms of how it sets us for finals. Norths have struggled in the second half of the season, but are still a top 8 side at home, and one that we've never beaten. So it really is a must win from the mental perspective of entering finals full of confidence, and the outside chance of a top 4 finish. Now will be an even bigger challenge with the retirement of Boomer and pals, so can expect a big and vocal/hostile home crowd. Hope that we can get the job done, play good football and get a win in Melbourne. Don't expect any changes to the team.

Pretty similar thoughts to the West Coast game in terms of how it sets us for finals. Norths have struggled in the second half of the season, but are still a top 8 side at home, and one that we've never beaten. So it really is a must win from the mental perspective of entering finals full of confidence, and the outside chance of a top 4 finish. Now will be an even bigger challenge with the retirement of Boomer and pals, so can expect a big and vocal/hostile home crowd. Hope that we can get the job done, play good football and get a win in Melbourne. Don't expect any changes to the team.
The emotional toll will be substantial on the four Roos players and their team mates. They might come out firing, but are a good chance to go flat as the game goes on. We need a o guard against being jumped, and back ourselves to run out the game.

Possibly on NEAFL form but he has consistently disappointed at AFL level. So has Tomlinson until very recently I guess, so I dont know. There might be an argument for going tall against North who will use theirs to try and find a quick way to goal.
Left field idea what about Patful, love him to bits but it was a bit sad watching him try to chase down a Freo forward last week and he was forced to give away a free kick. Just didn't have the speed. Means the general plays mostly at least as a tall back.
Sad? He isn't some old decrepit dog mate

Need a good win to have some confidence going into the finals. Also, an upset in the top 4 club's matches could result in us pipping them for 4th which would be nice.
The thing is though, although any win would be nice, if we win we need to win good as a 1 point victory would hurt our percentage

Thisbis gonna be a crazy week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is though, although any win would be nice, if we win we need to win good as a 1 point victory would hurt our percentage

Thisbis gonna be a crazy week

Percentage is more or less irrelevant at this point.

Either we win, in which case we get a home final and the chance of a double chance if any of the top four stuff up, or we dont.

If we dont, then we are rolling the dice.

I was at Docklands last game of season 2015 when the Giants rolled over meekly for Melbourne. Hoping for much better endeavour rd23 2016.
I'd say that competition for spots is one big difference this year from last; then we crawled/ limped to the finish line.
A bit concerned that Wilo is not back to speed, and that Dyl's shoulders look sore (he can't stick tackles), but overall, guys look stronger. They'll need to be to match it with North's hard midfielders. Go Giants

GWS GIANTS

FB: Nathan Wilson, Phil Davis, Zac Williams
HB: Ryan Griffen, Nick Haynes, Heath Shaw
C: Adam Tomlinson, Dylan Shiel, Josh Kelly
HF: Jacob Hopper, Jonathon Patton, Devon Smith
FF: Steve Johnson, Rory Lobb, Jeremy Cameron
RR: Shane Mumford, Callan Ward, Tom Scully

Interchange: Toby Greene, Lachie Whitfield, Stephen Coniglio, Joel Patfull

In: -
Out: -

Emergencies: Jack Steele, James Stewart, Adam Kennedy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Given this is the last game before finals, it's a big week for...Joel Patful. Bunts will be desperate to make the finals side, and will only get there if Patful loses one-on-ones this weekend.
Elsewhere, the side seems very settled, although the best lock-in forward role, that has been spread between Palmer/ Steele/ Hopper/ Reid/ Kennedy this year, looks to be still undecided, they're all much of a muchness.
Adam Kennedy the other one who will feel a bit stiff not to play first finals game.

With the selection done, I'm focussing on hoping we get over the line. I try and focuss on enjoying the game, but have crossed the line this week. It's now the time of the year where how attractive the game is is usurped by the desperate need to win and go as far as we can.
I get we probably wont finish top 4, but we have to do what we can and hope. I also think confidence will be a lot higher if the club goes into finals having beaten North away.

With the selection done, I'm focussing on hoping we get over the line. I try and focuss on enjoying the game, but have crossed the line this week. It's now the time of the year where how attractive the game is is usurped by the desperate need to win and go as far as we can.
I get we probably wont finish top 4, but we have to do what we can and hope. I also think confidence will be a lot higher if the club goes into finals having beaten North away.
But if we win, 1 slip up just one and we get top 4.

WC, melbourne and collingwood all have a chance of causing an upset.

I am just worried about how our boys mentally deal with it.

Imagine if all of the above win................ And we lose

But if we win, 1 slip up just one and we get top 4.

WC, melbourne and collingwood all have a chance of causing an upset.

I am just worried about how our boys mentally deal with it.

Imagine if all of the above win................ And we lose

Worried about their mental capabilities?

Playing for a potential top 4 spot, they'd be cherry ripe for a big one you'd imagine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back