Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested to see all the calls for Downie. He hasn't been beating the door down at Box Hill.
This will be an interesting watch. I truly believe he has been recruited as a role player, from the time he came under notice as a an academy play I've taken some interest in him and from his time at Vermont and Eastern he hasn't really been the type that demanded attention via stats. If Clarko wants someone with a nice left peg to bring the ball forward then he will get his go. Don't expect monster numbers.

Out Hartigan Worpel Howe Ceglar
In Jeka Downie Cousins O’Brien

Kozi to move back to cover Truck Hartigan.

O’Brien Jeka and Lewis to play forward and rotate with stints in the ruck .

Dylan Moore survives one more week due to his 3 goals in round 1.

We are a bottom 4 side this year based on our talent so let’s put the acid on some of these players and make changes when needed.

Worpel looks like something is wrong. His body language is a major concern. The enthusiasm and energy he showed in his early games has gone. Have we bulked him up too much? He looks massive and very slow to me .

Worpel Kosi and Moore are struggling but they are developing players and this is a development year. We should persevere. Worpel should be given a new role and tag Brayshaw.

Ceglar and Howe are not developing players. They are what they are and they are not good enough.

Burgoyne is battling and should be rested.

OUT: Ceglar Howe Burgoyne
IN: Nash Greaves Downie

Honestly I'd be going for:

Out: Ceglar, Howe
In: O'Brien, Greaves

O'Brien functions as a back up ruck with a bit of a point of difference with his athleticism, Greaves can play the same role as Howe but with better foot skills.

Out Hartigan Worpel Howe Ceglar
In Jeka Downie Cousins O’Brien

Kozi to move back to cover Truck Hartigan.

O’Brien Jeka and Lewis to play forward and rotate with stints in the ruck .

Dylan Moore survives one more week due to his 3 goals in round 1.

We are a bottom 4 side this year based on our talent so let’s put the acid on some of these players and make changes when needed.

Worpel looks like something is wrong. His body language is a major concern. The enthusiasm and energy he showed in his early games has gone. Have we bulked him up too much? He looks massive and very slow to me .
I think of Worpel as a bull but yesterday he hung back and stood on the back of an opponent so many times avoiding contact. He must have been sore/injured by the end of the game as it was becoming more noticeable.

Honestly I'd be going for:

Out: Ceglar, Howe
In: O'Brien, Greaves

O'Brien functions as a back up ruck with a bit of a point of difference with his athleticism, Greaves can play the same role as Howe but with better foot skills.

This is what I'm leaning towards, with Nash as sub

although after watching his presser I agree that Howe probably stays in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worpel Kosi and Moore are struggling but they are developing players and this is a development year. We should persevere. Worpel should be given a new role and tag Brayshaw.

Ceglar and Howe are not developing players. They are what they are and they are not good enough.

Burgoyne is battling and should be rested.

OUT: Ceglar Howe Burgoyne
IN: Nash Greaves Downie
I don’t really think Moore is struggling all that much. He’s playing a hard role that doesn’t always get its rewards.

I liked some of the spots he got to, even if the ball didn’t find its way into his hands.

While Freo are one of the few sides who play 2 genuine rucks, one of McEvoy's strengths is his endurance. His ruck work has been below the standard expected of him this season though. Neither Meek nor Darcy are world beaters either.

I'm leading towards replacing a ruck with a speedy midfield. Preferably one who hasn't been programmed to kick to predetermined positions on the ground so that almost element of surprise can help us gain some territorial pressure on a young, inexperienced side. Freo are also a speedy midfield side so another quick mid is ideal for us.

Downie fits that profile of what we need.
I’d love to see Downie on a big ground being given a go. He suits our current game plan too so chuck him in I say

People asking Kosi to be dropped seriously? He will come good. Add Gunner to forward and it will start functioning.
Howe was bit painful to watch yesterday, too slow even for Geelong.

Out: Berger(managed), Howe, Ceglar
In: Greaves, Downie, ToB/Jeka

Thinking this will be another low scoring grind, hopefully 10 goals is enough for us to win it as I doubt we have much more than that in us.

I'm not a big fan of 2 rucks . Cegs is too slow and not really providing any impact . Although TOB can be frustrating i think he is better proposition.
Greaves foot skills is better then Howe, so i would persevere with him rather then Howe ..
This seems like a fitting game to manage Burgers , and give Cousins a change as he has been knocking on the door with his performances for Box Hill .

OUT: Cegs, Howe , Burgers
IN : TOB ,Greaves, Cousins

This year is a development year

Kossie and Lewis to play every week to get some synergy together, regardless of form

Brokeman and CJ to continue to play each week

We need to get a stretch of games into Downie and Greaves

I want to see Reeves and Jeka make their debuts soon also

Wins are not important for me but building for the future is

I have quite liked what I’ve seen so far this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back