Review Round 5, 2015: Gold Coast Suns vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were the five best performing players vs. Brisbane?

• H. Schade

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S. May

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • K. Kolodjashnij

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • A. Saad

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • S. Tape

• T. McKenzie

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • J. Harbrow

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • S. Lemmens

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • M. Shaw

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • D. Prestia

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • B. Matera

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • A. Sexton

• J. Martin

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • T. Lynch

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • C. Dixon

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • H. Bennell

Votes: 23 71.9%
  • T. Nicholls

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • M. Rischitelli

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • T. Miller

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • J. Lonergan

• J. Garlett

• J. Glenn

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

EFFORT!!! That's all we want to see. Good win but still a lot of work to do on skills and decision-making. Started to get more run in the second half, playing on and players running past to support. Happy for the new guys to get their first win - Saadie, Touk, Snoop, Josh Glenn (looks a player) and Schade :thumbsu:

EFFORT!!! That's all we want to see. Good win but still a lot of work to do on skills and decision-making. Started to get more run in the second half, playing on and players running past to support. Happy for the new guys to get their first win - Saadie, Touk, Snoop, Josh Glenn (looks a player) and Schade :thumbsu:

All of this
Maybe our best 4 quarter effort in a long long time
One swallow doesn't make a Summer but that's what I was hoping Eade would bring to the Club
A depleted and brave Brisbane but we did the job

Tape is a total liability, needs to be delisted at the end of the year. Will post my full thoughts when I'm home! May, Dixon, and Miller were very impressive.
Yep, Touk looks at home in the midfield, very solid. Also thought Sexton and Lonergan looked more comfortable out there tonight. Rischa was excellent all game and Harley was a class above all on the ground. When he tries he is nigh on untouchable. Shawry ran hard as usual, Dion was good although I thought he was down a little tonight, having Dicko and Lynchie up forward makes such a difference to our forward structure - two big strong targets to spot out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Malceski was the curse?

Hahaha, was just about to say that.

But seriously, tonight was the first time this season we played at the level that is expected of us. I know it was only Brisbane, but the fact that we are finally starting to hit some targets, and move the ball with purpose, and with so many out is a good sign.
Just to add a couple of thoughts from my perspective:
- Touk played easily his best game. looks so much better through the middle.
- Bennell. will probably have 10 touches and 0 tackles next week, but when he is on, he is on!
- Dixon & Lynch. 9.3 goals between them. Maybe go back to a 2 pronged forward line for good?
- Glenn. Another rookie gem. Is more or less exactly what we wanted Hallahan to be.
- Slim schadey reminded me of a skinnier (if thats possible), not as good Rory. Good debut!
- Though Kolo had his best game of the year as well, maybe due to no Malceski?
And finally, Saad had yet another quality game. However, (and I may be on my own here) I'd like to see him play further up the ground on the wing, or maybe a loosie/sweeper just behind the midfield. He is an alright defender, but he sometimes get caught on the counter, as he pushes up so far. I'd be much more confident in Kolo, Broughton down back, and Saad almost exclusively running through the middle, not worrying so much about his man.

I kinda forgot about the negatives while writing that, but I'm sure there was some.:)

Hahaha, was just about to say that.

But seriously, tonight was the first time this season we played at the level that is expected of us. I know it was only Brisbane, but the fact that we are finally starting to hit some targets, and move the ball with purpose, and with so many out is a good sign.
Just to add a couple of thoughts from my perspective:
- Touk played easily his best game. looks so much better through the middle.
- Bennell. will probably have 10 touches and 0 tackles next week, but when he is on, he is on!
- Dixon & Lynch. 9.3 goals between them. Maybe go back to a 2 pronged forward line for good?
- Glenn. Another rookie gem. Is more or less exactly what we wanted Hallahan to be.
- Slim schadey reminded me of a skinnier (if thats possible), not as good Rory. Good debut!
- Though Kolo had his best game of the year as well, maybe due to no Malceski?
And finally, Saad had yet another quality game. However, (and I may be on my own here) I'd like to see him play further up the ground on the wing, or maybe a loosie/sweeper just behind the midfield. He is an alright defender, but he sometimes get caught on the counter, as he pushes up so far. I'd be much more confident in Kolo, Broughton down back, and Saad almost exclusively running through the middle, not worrying so much about his man.

I kinda forgot about the negatives while writing that, but I'm sure there was some.:)
Yeah Kolo was very solid tonight, repaired a few errors made by teammates and defended well whilst still providing his customary drive from halfback.
I'm happy with Saadie where he is at the moment. We lack small defenders with pace (and boy does he have some pace), and Adam said himself he got lost playing further up the field with Coburg. Good idea down the track though when we get some players back. He is that damaging as a running small defender his opponent almost has to tag him to limit his influence.

Touk has some of the best in tight handballing skills at the club...some of them were so fast if you blinked you missed them. Josh Glenn was impressive! knows where to run. Just good to get a win and get a bit of confidence back, the opposition was bloody average though.

Another win without Gaz :thumbsu:

Hopefully gives the boys some more confidence the more this happens.

...will be good to get the Little Master back though. :)

I'm actually happy to have him out another 4 weeks or so..
So the guys really khow hard poor Gaz has it each week
They would all be learning a hell of a lot without him out there.

Back